• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

People complaining about people who are complaining about other people complaining. Oh, internet <3

I'm really interested to see the starters/box art legendaries, so I hope they're in this month's CoroCoro. I want them to skip the Silhouette stage, though, and just present them to us. Spare us the inevitable John Cena memes.

We get one 'silhouette' though..
8b99c7485720e8483448c7bb549caf78.jpg

XP

Sadly, nothing crazy or interesting has come out of the bird. Only the logical conclusions about it being a woodpecker or a blue jay or some kind of thrush.

Just imagine the stuff we would have gotten if it was an actual silhouette rather than textureless/obscured with textures on.

blackedoutbird.png

It looks like it could be a Farfetch'd pre-evolution.

^In BW I believe we got silhouettes and had to wait for a reveal. I'm not sure if that was in CoroCoro though.

Hm. Trying to remember. Isn't it the case that they put the silhouettes on the front cover or first page or something, then we have to wait for the rest of the magazine to leak to see the actual Pokemon on a later page?

...or I could just be thinking of the fake leak that did that...

To be clear, when do we expect CoroCoro leaks to come out? And what exactly was vaguely promised for this weekend's coming Pokenchi?

Also, when do we typically learn about the region? I seem to remember the concept of Kalos being based on France featuring fairly heavily, but my recollection could be skewed.

@JohnnyCool708
  • CoroCoro leaks can come out anywhere between the 10th and the 14th of the month. About the 13th is most common I believe, sometimes we do get it earlier.
  • As far as I know, nothing at all was promised regarding pokemon Sun and Moon in the pokenchi episode on the 10th. They probably won't talk about it at all.
  • If I recall correctly, people suspected the XY region would be based on France very early on, but they didn't come out and say it until February or March.

To be clear, when do we expect CoroCoro leaks to come out?

Usually around the 11th of each month. We should see something in about a week.

Also, when do we typically learn about the region? I seem to remember the concept of Kalos being based on France featuring fairly heavily, but my recollection could be skewed.

It's usually one of the first things we hear about, right along with starters, legendaries, the player characters, and other basic information.

For X/Y, we didn't get confirmation on the Kalos region + it's map till May. But yeah they made it blatantly obvious the region would be based on France in the announcement direct.

Is there a speculation thread for the region? I've seen some decent evidence-based theories thrown around so far, but cannot seem to find a dedicated discussion.

I am pretty sure that last month said that this month had something on Sun and Moon. However it may be small news but it would get bigger throughout the year I think.

To be clear, when do we expect CoroCoro leaks to come out? And what exactly was vaguely promised for this weekend's coming Pokenchi?

Like the others said, it's usually between the 10th-15th of each month. 15th is when the magazine is officially released, but some people get it early. However, since "leaking" became illegal in Japan and there was a lot of craxcking down on it, it's become a bit of a slower process and people are more inclined to taking the bad, blurry pictures we often get to protect themselves. It's a bummer, but what can you do. These people take the risk to pass on the news.

Kalos was different in that Pikachu was standing on top of the Eiffel tower in the very first X/Y trailer. They don't really have a set time, as each game buildup has been different. But it doesn't take long for them to drop a map of the region. If I recall, during the B2W2 run-up the updated map of Unova came out in CoroCoro fairly quickly. I remember how it was half covered in ice and that confused pretty much everyone.

I really want a region map. I love how there is always tons of speculation on what everything on it is.

Back
Top Bottom