• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Can QR codes even be one-time use?
The same could have been said about serial codes. They're just strings of data that realistically could activate an event in-game, but instead, what Game Freak opts to do is to verify the code with an online connection, and once the code is used, it can't be used again.

All Game Freak has to do is create a series of "Event QR Codes" for their events and have them catalogued on their servers. You go to your 3DS, connect to the internet, scan the code, and then your 3DS connects to their servers and verify that 1) the scanned QR code is a real one and 2) it hasn't been scanned before. That's the same process that serial codes are verified now (it'll tell you if a code is valid and if the code has already been redeemed).

I'm really late on this, but I like both new Pokemon. We finally got a koala and even though we have a lot of dogs at least this one has a different type than the others. Plus they're adorable and they have potential for very cool evolutions!

New Pokemon, I wasn't really expecting it! The doggie being a Rock type is a bit random IMO but it looks cute~ Little Koala looks like his ability could end up being a bit of a mess in competitive to deal with, but just makes it that much cooler, IMO~ can't wait to see them in game~

I adore these two new Pokemon. I had never really thought of a koala pokemon, but now that I've seen it I've fallen in love with it. What a little sleepyhead...

I'm very intrigued by the rock dog pokemon too. It's quite cute, and it might be interesting having a dog pokemon to rival my beloved Litten. I don't think I've ever used a rock-type on my team, and I think this one might be the first.

The rock dog is, I'm pretty sure, based on the Hawaiian Poi dog, a now extinct breed. Unconventional design for a rock-type; couldn't be happier.

To be fair, the conclusion was more like TPCI wanting to do announcements themselves instead of CoroCoro abandoning Pokemon in favor of Yokai Watch. That was the conclusion I saw more around online at least and it was a reasonable assumption. While I was happy about the unexpected surprise with CoroCoro actually having news, I still wouldn't be against TPCI/Nintendo revealing the news themselves for the reasons I've brought up in the past.

1 or 2 of the new features teased with the 3 screenshots. I think at the very least the cave screenshot teaser is going to be the least impactful change to the series, so maybe that and the Stoutland teaser. Pikachu and the Bolt move are likely gonna be the August reveal akon to megas. Oh and some more characters, no way in hell are they gonna go through July without some combination of Hala/First Gym Leader/Evil Team.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm hoping we do get at least get some info on the first gym leader this month, and if they have one of the Pokémon already revealed as their ace, that could cover a nice page too (or reveal a new Pokémon as their ace alongside them).

I'd love if the gym leaders were more involved like in BW, or if there are other known special characters to be on other islands like Hala (that tell you about that islands specific guardian ect), and they could all be involved in protecting Alola as a whole during the evil team's peak alongside you.

July before XY came out CoroCoro was released the seventh---would love to see that happen again.

I don't really know what to expect though since we just got so many Pokemon less than a month ago. I'd be happy with CoroCoro taking a break from New Pokemon and focus on some other stuff since the site didn't really give us anything new about gameplay.

July before XY came out CoroCoro was released the seventh---would love to see that happen again.

I don't really know what to expect though since we just got so many Pokemon less than a month ago. I'd be happy with CoroCoro taking a break from New Pokemon and focus on some other stuff since the site didn't really give us anything new about gameplay.

It leaked the 11th in July 2013. Maybe you're thinking of August when it's released earlier so leaks earlier?

But yeah, I do agree if we're getting news they should take a break from new Pokemon and focus on other things.

You're right, I'm an American so I saw the "7" in the second spot when browsing Serebii's archives for July and thought it was the day.

We don't know anything about communication features yet, aside from the Battle Royal. I wonder if Street Pass will finally be used more extensively.

Last edited:
I think when it comes to the factthat info will be coming on a two week schedule that CoroCoro shuld have info on features and characters, while the trailers at the beggining of the month should have 2-3 new Pokemon and videos of said features and characters.

I still maintain the lack of an official Hala reveal is tied into the gyms and we should get info pretty soon on that front.

Back
Top Bottom