• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

So it was just the revealed Pokemon? Nothing else? All I saw covered on the pages on Serebii were Pokemon.

It was the new Pokémon and everything from the trailer on August 1st. Serebii just didn't show those pages, probably because they would be redundant.

Expect corocoro to overhype and lie since they like to get expectations up. Why tell us about Southern Islands guide if they are just giving us pokemon?

Expect corocoro to overhype and lie since they like to get expectations up. Why tell us about Southern Islands guide if they are just giving us pokemon?

They did feature a guide that included more than Pokémon and Team Skull - it also included everything that we saw about the Island Trials and Z-Moves, which are important details about the kinds of things that you can find in Alola. Altogether, that's quite a lot of information.

Nowhere, of course, was it ever said that the information in CC would be different from what was revealed in the trailer; it was always a very distinct possibility.

@Falconwing Don't worry, the school of fish from Finding Nemo didn't occur to me immediately either. It is a very clever idea though.
Since we now have confirmation that the Schooling ability (good call on "school" btw) causes the form change, I'm hoping/assuming that comes with a big stat change. I mean, the leaked trailer bit shows it taking on Gyarados, Electivire, and Metagross, which could imply that, well, it can? I dunno what to think for sure. I could see a large stat boost across the board for the ability. And apparently, the ability only activates after it reaches a certain level.

@Falconwing Don't worry, the school of fish from Finding Nemo didn't occur to me immediately either. It is a very clever idea though.
Since we now have confirmation that the Schooling ability (good call on "school" btw) causes the form change, I'm hoping/assuming that comes with a big stat change. I mean, the leaked trailer bit shows it taking on Gyarados, Electivire, and Metagross, which could imply that, well, it can? I dunno what to think for sure. I could see a large stat boost across the board for the ability. And apparently, the ability only activates after it reaches a certain level.
The Japanese trailer shows it doing significant damage to Magnezone using a water attack, whilst surviving an electric attack back.

We still don't have any info on the certain conditions for its form change.

We still don't have any info on the certain conditions for its form change.

Well, we know that it always (seemingly) transforms at the beginning of battle starting at X level. Still vague, but the framework is known.

maybe its depending on a certain level of its oponets to transform? you know the bigger the threat the bigger you get?

We saw Wishiwashi transform when it was at a lower level and the same level as the opponent. I think Schooling's effect works like this:

If Wishiwashi's level ≤ Opponent's level --> Schooling activates

We saw Wishiwashi transform when it was at a lower level and the same level as the opponent. I think Schooling's effect works like this:

If Wishiwashi's level ≤ Opponent's level --> Schooling activates
I think I remember hearing that Wishiwashi can turn into its form as early as level 27.

I think I remember hearing that Wishiwashi can turn into its form as early as level 27.
If you heard it its because that was the lowest level shown in the trailers, where it was against a level 31 Magnezone. It was also shown at level 50 against other level 50 Pokemon, but it was never shown at a higher level. That's why I think the criteria is [Wishiwashi's level] ≤ [Opponent's level]

That's why I think the criteria is [Wishiwashi's level] ≤ [Opponent's level]
The problem I find with this prediction is that, theoretically, you could be School Form at Lv 1 against anything higher levelled assuming no other factors come into play outside of that, and we're currently assuming that's not the case since it's said that Wishiwashi has to be at a certain level before it can take on that form. It also wouldn't make sense for it to remain in Solo Form against a lower levelled opponent at higher levels.

I'm predicting the ability will kick in at Lv 20 or 25.

If you heard it its because that was the lowest level shown in the trailers, where it was against a level 31 Magnezone. It was also shown at level 50 against other level 50 Pokemon, but it was never shown at a higher level. That's why I think the criteria is [Wishiwashi's level] ≤ [Opponent's level]
I got it from this tweet
View: https://twitter.com/PLDHnet/status/763734454787461124
I think it'll be like Magikarp and at level 20 it'll just be able to turn into its form

Last edited:
But is level the only condition? I think that is what people are trying to decipher.

I'd imagine level is the only condition since they've only said "When a Wishiwashi reaches a certain level..."

Doesn't the School form activate also when Wishiwashi is at half or below half of his health?

Nope, both trailers showed Wishiwashi transforming at full health. Are you thinking of School Form -> Solo Form? That's when Wishiwashi changes back.

Nope, both trailers showed Wishiwashi transforming at full health. Are you thinking of School Form -> Solo Form? That's when Wishiwashi changes back.
Possibly. I had for some reason this picture in my mind of the School form activating at 50% or lower health. But thanks for clearing that up. :)

Back
Top Bottom