• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Looks like the green eyes + blonde theory was spot on, hopefully nobody was surprised. Thinking about it, do any of them actually show any emotion at all? That's not rhetorical, I don't know if I've seen all of the footage of them, but I don't recall any of them showing particular emotion. Just expressionless and distant. Jelly's bio mentions somefin like that.

I'll bet that we actually fight them in these forms at some point -- after all, this is the same game that finally introduced pokebosses after those being long overdue for a billion years. They sure do look spoopy, don't they? Not jelly, but the other two...not even just for pokemon standards, I'm legitimately unnerved. Well, for my standards, at least.

Rockruff day evo is boring but I actually somewhat like the night evo, despite its...unfortunate wolfness. Uh, I can't really stay mad at that crazy face...

Since they said the day/night are forms I believe that will change apperance at those times....so depending on your game and how you play the wolf will become different and maybe get a different typing as well...

Since they said the day/night are forms I believe that will change apperance at those times....so depending on your game and how you play the wolf will become different and maybe get a different typing as well...

I think they're more like Burmy to Wormadam.. Bug to Bug/Steel or Bug/Ground or Bug/Grass. I kinda think the English localizations have formalized Form to be those that have permanent appearance, while Forme are those that are changeable.. Like in the case of Cherrim, in Japan it's form changing ability is "form" in Japanese but in English it's Forme, like origin forme, Sky Forme, etc. tldr, I think they will be form.

On that note, I hope it's rock/ghost, not rock/dark. We already have tyranitar.. I'm hoping for diversity. Since lunala's secondary typing is ghost as moon representative, I hope they do the same for rockruff evo. But the day form, looks like it'll remain pure rock.

On that note, I hope it's rock/ghost, not rock/dark. We already have tyranitar.. I'm hoping for diversity. Since lunala's secondary typing is ghost as moon representative, I hope they do the same for rockruff evo. But the day form, looks like it'll remain pure rock.

I actually wouldn't mind Rock/Dark since it looks like it'll be pretty fast. Tyranitar is super slow, so the diversity of "fast, frail attacker" vs "slow, bulky attacker" would be ok to me. Of course Rock/Ghost is unique, but if it does end up Dark it wouldn't be totally repetitive.

I'm guessing the day form is just pure Rock. It doesn't seem to have anything pointing towards being too different from Rockruff.

Looks like the green eyes + blonde theory was spot on, hopefully nobody was surprised. Thinking about it, do any of them actually show any emotion at all? That's not rhetorical, I don't know if I've seen all of the footage of them, but I don't recall any of them showing particular emotion. Just expressionless and distant. Jelly's bio mentions somefin like that.

I'll bet that we actually fight them in these forms at some point -- after all, this is the same game that finally introduced pokebosses after those being long overdue for a billion years. They sure do look spoopy, don't they? Not jelly, but the other two...not even just for pokemon standards, I'm legitimately unnerved. Well, for my standards, at least.

Rockruff day evo is boring but I actually somewhat like the night evo, despite its...unfortunate wolfness. Uh, I can't really stay mad at that crazy face...
Nope definitely unnerving in that SMT kinda way. Beauty is skeletal and pretty at the same time, while Expansion is some next level horror, 4 legs, buff as hell, and its about to punch the ever living shit out of a Legendary. Explains why Gladion is gripping his arm and trembling in pain, ita more then likely the human form cannot contain the Ultra Beast, as its too disimilar in physique and size, unlike Lusamine and Lillie being more akin to the shape and size of the Ultra Beasts. Pure insanity overall, I cannot believe this is Pokemon of all things.

Nope definitely unnerving in that SMT kinda way. Beauty is skeletal and pretty at the same time, while Expansion is some next level horror, 4 legs, buff as hell, and its about to punch the ever living shit out of a Legendary. Explains why Gladion is gripping his arm and trembling in pain, ita more then likely the human form cannot contain the Ultra Beast, as its too disimilar in physique and size, unlike Lusamine and Lillie being more akin to the shape and size of the Ultra Beasts. Pure insanity overall, I cannot believe this is Pokemon of all things.
Well, then you better believe it now, because it might get even weirder next gen. And even those are alien looking, they are actually based on regular animals everybody have taken for granted. I guess people actually need some zoom ins to see that we are living among millions of aliens.

Well Gladion have the angry expression.. But more of mono expression, being angry all the time, is almost equivalent to having no expression at all. Which I see him fit the mad UB02 expansion, red and muscular. His design, clothes, pants and shoes, has the red/black streak too. I think it's a hint, or I am just over reading it. Lol.

I actually wouldn't mind Rock/Dark since it looks like it'll be pretty fast. Tyranitar is super slow, so the diversity of "fast, frail attacker" vs "slow, bulky attacker" would be ok to me. Of course Rock/Ghost is unique, but if it does end up Dark it wouldn't be totally repetitive.

I'm guessing the day form is just pure Rock. It doesn't seem to have anything pointing towards being too different from Rockruff.

Yeah, that's great too. I hope it really follows that path, especially since it would really become rock dark..

I think the day evo is a good continuity design from Rockruff for those who want the usual evo.. It looks like the usual guard dog of the house. The night form is there to spice things up. It may also be a reference for those dogs that get mad.. Usually those that infect rabies. And of course the werewolf reference.

Oh I believe it, I am loving every bit of the Ultra Beast speculation and their existence. Even their in gamr cutscenes look to be miles ahead of what we have gotten so far.

eEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ROCKRUFF'S MIDDAY EVOLUTION IS SO AWESOME!!

Ever since I feel in love with Rockruff I've been waiting for its evolution for AGES and aAHHHH I'M SO SATISFIED WITH IT!

I don't actually like the night evolution as much as the day one, but I expected that if its evolution depended on Day/Night, that I'd probably like the Sun one because I'm fascinated with the sun and like brighter designs in general.

Tell me about it. I didn't think they'd manage to surprise me more than they did when they took out gyms, but here we are. I expect strange things to come of this. All this combined with the theories I've watched on youtube makes me anticipate some sort of big change in the series, which I pray happens. As long as it's not a complete reboot, which I don't see them doing....what's even the point of buying a pokemon game that doesn't have stunfisk?
Well Gladion have the angry expression.. But more of mono expression, being angry all the time, is almost equivalent to having no expression at all. Which I see him fit the mad UB02 expansion, red and muscular. His design, clothes, pants and shoes, has the red/black streak too. I think it's a hint, or I am just over reading it. Lol.
Perhaps I didn't word myself perfectly, but yeah. The muscles would explain the rips in his clothing too, he's like the hulk, only the bane of everyone's existence. Pack extra repels for this one.

My theory again :v

What if Lillie is UB-01 (a lot of ppl can see that), the first generation of UB, mother, big sis of all UB. All of UB later are based on experiences of Lille when she living among of ppl in Alola, that's why UB-02 are more human forms than UB-01. When she realized how UB threaten to the world, she trying to escape from the past, changed to young girl, hide identity, tried to find some ways to stop UB :v

Last edited:
It could be that Lusamine and Gladion are twins, and that their UB forms share the same number.

I'm not convinced that UB-02 Expansion is Gladion though.

For both UB-01 and UB02 Beauty it was instantly obvious that they looked like Lillie and Lusamine. (I mean even the pose Beauty has is identical to the one Lusamine has) I'm not seeing that same instant connection with UB-02 Expansion.

I think it's either based on somebody we haven't seen yet....or it's still connected to Lusamine somehow.

Random question: With all the reveals of Rockruff's evos, new anime series and the new Ultra Beasts, is this it for this month's issue?
Or are we going to get more? I was expecting starter evos too..

I'm not convinced that UB-02 Expansion is Gladion though.

For both UB-01 and UB02 Beauty it was instantly obvious that they looked like Lillie and Lusamine. (I mean even the pose Beauty has is identical to the one Lusamine has) I'm not seeing that same instant connection with UB-02 Expansion.

I think it's either based on somebody we haven't seen yet....or it's still connected to Lusamine somehow.
Edgelord's hood resembles skeeter's head, they both use a red and black color scheme, I already talked about the rips (which I just noticed also mimic skeeter's arm patterns, which look sort of like tears too...), he has a mark on his chest that looks like an open wound. Pretty confident it's him.

What I really want to know is what the hell could be such a big secret about their names, or if its just CoroCoro being CoroCoro. I mean we know that UB=Ultra Beasts, so what, do the numbers signify their order? The above would be a cool and amazing twist granted, with Lillie as the progenitor and the rest as her children or what have you. So UB-01 would be the First, then comes the twins, and then what?

As for Gladion=Expansion, also think of the name and what I theorized. Gladion is nowhete near the physique or size of UB-02, so his clothes are ripping apart if you will so that the body can "expand" to the UB size. Also explains his edgelord trembling arm, and the way he grabs it, the human frame cannot contain the power. Oh, and this also explains that UB are not Pokemon like, ie if he can capture and battle with Type: Null, I doubt you can capture them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom