• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

And look like split evolves for starters have confirmed :)

Remember in June, CoroCoro hinted that starters and Rockruff have secret, and now Rockruff's secret is split evolve based on day and night, what else could it be for starters beside that???

Last edited:
What if I have a Rockruff evolution Day forme and I play the game at night? Will it remain Day forme permanent or at night its forme changes?

I was delighted when I woke up and saw that Rockruff apparently had split evolution, one for day and one for night. I don't even care for the night one much, but day is so cute! Then Pokejungle updated and apparently it might be a form change for day/night. D'oh! I hate form changes. I wanted a permanent day/night branch evolution, like Umbreon and Espeon :(

The Aether Foundation make me curious. Their name in particular. In mythology, Aether is an ancient primordial deity of light, and like many deities has an opposite - Erebus, deity of darkness. Given that we have Pokemon Sun/Moon version which has already been confirmed to have differences based on being 12 hours apart, I'm wondering what, if anything, this name signifies. Honestly if we hadn't already had Team Skull introduced, I'd be guessing right now that Aether turn out to be evil and have a counterpart in the from of the Erebus Foundation!

Tell me about it. I didn't think they'd manage to surprise me more than they did when they took out gyms, but here we are. I anticipate strange things to come of this. This combined with the theories I've watched on youtube makes me anticipate some sort of big change in the series, which I pray happens. As long as it's not a complete reboot, which I don't see them doing....what's even the point of buying a pokemon game that doesn't have stunfisk?
UBs wouldn't look out of place in any other JRPG, but it's really odd (imo) when placed in Pokémon. 20 years of battling with legendaries and humans and then all of a sudden, aliens show up. I'm looking forward to see how this change affects future games.

I'm not convinced that UB-02 Expansion is Gladion though.

For both UB-01 and UB02 Beauty it was instantly obvious that they looked like Lillie and Lusamine. (I mean even the pose Beauty has is identical to the one Lusamine has) I'm not seeing that same instant connection with UB-02 Expansion.

I think it's either based on somebody we haven't seen yet....or it's still connected to Lusamine somehow.
There's still a chance that a UB's appearance doesn't have to match its human form.

This was a bittersweet batch for me.
I had very high expectations for the werewolf that weren't met, it looks like a poodle with rabies. I hate it. The day evolution is ok but I'm not sure I want a Rockruff now.
Second, UB02 beauty being moon exclusive saddens me, I plan to get Sun and I'm stuck with the mosquito on steroids. Oh well might have to save some extra cash to get it for my bday

Lugarugan's day form is so cool. I may not have it on my team but I surely like it a lot. As for the new UB's, can't wait to see how the story is going to unfold when they show up.

By the way, UB Lusamine description says that she can charm all Pokemon regadless of gender into submission and UB Gladion body is full of dangerous weapons.

This was a bittersweet batch for me.
I had very high expectations for the werewolf that weren't met, it looks like a poodle with rabies. I hate it. The day evolution is ok but I'm not sure I want a Rockruff now.
Second, UB02 beauty being moon exclusive saddens me, I plan to get Sun and I'm stuck with the mosquito on steroids. Oh well might have to save some extra cash to get it for my bday
What difference does it make whether they are in Sun or Moon? If we can own the UBs then yes, that would have bothered me.

I don't know, I read somewhere that the context was possibly misinterpreted. It said Rockruff has a secret, and the starters have a secret, too. Their secret may not be the same thing.

Yeah, maybe not, but what else could it be beside split-evol? life evol? synchro evol?

I don't care for Rockruff's evolutions. Rockruff had such a solid design, and I don't like how the day dog didn't carry enough of them over. It's so plain and boring. The night dog isn't much better with its noodle arms. Both forms are too skinny.

UB-02 Expansion's gotta be Wicke. Look, if even has the boobs.

Huh, I honestly didn't expect to get more Ultra Beasts so soon, and they even have... "names"? UB-Lusamine and Expansion sharing the same number reminds me of some people who were saying Lusamine may not be all love and rainbows as she makes herself out to be, but has a darker side to her. Is it possible this alludes to that?

And I'm personally quite fond of the Day Rockruff and am actually quite glad it looks as it does, cause now I can definitely say I'm going to use it on my team. Although Zoroarkruff looks good, too.

I'll bet that we actually fight them in these forms at some point -- after all, this is the same game that finally introduced pokebosses after those being long overdue for a billion years.

You mean since Black/White Kyurem in B2W2.

I don't know, I read somewhere that the context was possibly misinterpreted. It said Rockruff has a secret, and the starters have a secret, too. Their secret may not be the same thing.

Wasn't it said that they all share a secret?

About the leaks, I like them. The midday form of Rockruff almost makes me want one, and the midnight form also looks cool. Still glad I'm picking up Moon to see UB02 Beauty.

And now we wait for Wednesday's news.

I don't care for Rockruff's evolutions. Rockruff had such a solid design, and I don't like how the day dog didn't carry enough of them over. It's so plain and boring. The night dog isn't much better with its noodle arms. Both forms are too skinny.

I don't quite know what you're talking about. I personally loved the new elements they incorporated into Rockruff's design. In fact, Rockruff was the one that seemed boring to me.

But about those muzzle markings: as an ex-wolfaboo, I can tell that it looks like they took the shape of the red marking gray wolves usually have and used it for the white. They also remembered to include the whiter eye markings. I know my wolf faces, and those faces look like wolf faces. Not a lot of people really notice those markings in a wolf, they usually just look at a photo and say "that's a big gray dog with spitz ears so I guess that must be a wolf!". What I'm saying is, I appreciate the touch.

Also, I'm not really sold on UB-02 Expansion being Gladion, either. Gladion looks way flimsy and aside from the shoulder spikes, their designs don't really match. Could be that the UBs more represent the personality than the looks, though.

What if I have a Rockruff evolution Day forme and I play the game at night? Will it remain Day forme permanent or at night its forme changes?
If you have dayruff it will change into nightruff at night, same the other way around.

On our leaked pages as a whole...
  • Rockruff split evolutions! Methods have not been elaborated on (nor has the type), but I'm leaning towards the noon form, for two reasons - Sun is my main game choice, and I do kinda like it being a bit vanilla.
  • UB02! With names like that, it's only a matter of time before it becomes this. CB-01, GT-02, RH-03, HASHIN! As for the forms themselves, UB02 BEAUTY is a dead ringer for Lusamine, but EXPANSION is a little harder to pin down... We're gonna have a lot of fun debating about this one!
  • The new anime season teaser! I must say this - Satoshi and Pikachu are looking mad happy in that poster art, hehe.
Edit (even though it won't mention you):
If you have dayruff it will change into nightruff at night, same the other way around.
We don't know that yet. All we know is that they're split evolutions, nothing's been elaborated on their methods as of right now.

Do we know this for sure yet? Personally, I rather the forms be a permanent thing (I like the night one a lot more than the day one), but I suppose I'll make do if its something that changes every 12 hours.

Back
Top Bottom