• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Wouldn't it be a bit of a competitive nightmare to have it like that? I just thought of that. Even though I'm not sure if it's the kind of mon that would see competitive use, having the form change every 12 hours (maybe halted while in the PC, I dunno) would be pretty annoying if you're trying to set up and you either have the wrong version or are simply up at the wrong time and want to pull it out to use in your main party.

Hmm, does that mean Lusamine and her..."siblings" are basically playing both sides? That would be devious. I love both of Rockruff's evo, can't really decide which I want.

On our leaked pages as a whole...
  • Rockruff split evolutions! Methods have not been elaborated on (nor has the type), but I'm leaning towards the noon form, for two reasons - Sun is my main game choice, and I do kinda like it being a bit vanilla.
  • UB02! With names like that, it's only a matter of time before it becomes this. CB-01, GT-02, RH-03, HASHIN! As for the forms themselves, UB02 BEAUTY is a dead ringer for Lusamine, but EXPANSION is a little harder to pin down... We're gonna have a lot of fun debating about this one!
  • The new anime season teaser! I must say this - Satoshi and Pikachu are looking mad happy in that poster art, hehe.
Edit (even though it won't mention you):

We don't know that yet. All we know is that they're split evolutions, nothing's been elaborated on their methods as of right now.

Ah, when I read it I thought that it was implying form changes.

It notes that Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form.

To me this sounded like a changeable form, my bad.

It depends. I guess I should have reworded what I said - it could either be a split evolution or a form change based on the time of day. If it's a split evolution, we don't know whether or not they're version exclusive evolutions or time-based.

I'm kind of thinking Gladion is (or is at least related to) UB-02 Expansion now actually.

If only because of the black shoulder pad spikes both of them have.

Also I got the impression that Rockruff didn't have a split evolution exactly. As in it doesn't evolve into two different Pokemon (as in two different pokedex slots)

It'll be the same Pokemon, Lugarugan. It'll just look different (and possibly have a different type) depending on whether it evolves in the day or night time. So I guess you could say it's less of a split evolution or more of a split form?

What if I have a Rockruff evolution Day forme and I play the game at night? Will it remain Day forme permanent or at night its forme changes?
I'd place my vote on it being permanent, I mean Umbreon doesn't change to Espeon when it's day. But, you never know what they'll decide to do. I'm mainly hoping it's permanent 'cause I don't want mine changing forms all the time.

Also, I can imagine a bitter rivalry between Dayruff and Zoroarkruff. If Ash gets a Rockruff in the anime, I could see this being a storyline for it. However, the evolutions NOT being permanent, could result in some very interesting Jekyll and Hyde scenarios. I'm torn...

Wouldn't it be a bit of a competitive nightmare to have it like that? I just thought of that. Even though I'm not sure if it's the kind of mon that would see competitive use, having the form change every 12 hours (maybe halted while in the PC, I dunno) would be pretty annoying if you're trying to set up and you either have the wrong version or are simply up at the wrong time and want to pull it out to use in your main party.

Not only that but I also imagine they will both know (and want) different moves. The Night form will probably learn Moonlight and stuff like that, while the day form probably won't. Also I'd like to think the Night form has a different typing (pure Rock vs Rock/Dark or something) since it's a deviation from Rockruff and the Day form.

It would be hard to make both feel separate and different like that if it keeps changing back and forth. What happens if your Night form knows Moonlight and changes to Day? It just keeps it? It deletes it? Kinda confusing and thematically jumbled.

If Rockruff changed form every night and day then competitive battle should be more careful :v They will have timeline for rockruff like from 6am to 6pm => midday, 6pm to 6am => midnight. When you battle around 6pm or 6am, suddenly your Rockruff changed form :v

If Rockruff changed form every night and day then competitive battle should be more careful :v They will have timeline for rockruff like from 6am to 6pm => midday, 6pm to 6am => midnight. When you battle around 6pm or 6am, suddenly your Rockruff changed form :v
Technically, they could have it be similar to deerling, where it doesn't change form unless outside of the box. (In gen v at least)

Technically, they could have it be similar to deerling, where it doesn't change form unless outside of the box. (In gen v at least)
Yeah, but Deerling and Sawsbuck's change is purely aesthetic. Its stats, movepool, and even type remain the same. I have a hard time believing the same will be true for Rockruff.

So Ruckruff's evolution does depend on the time of day. I'm still a bit surprised by this, since the site made it seem like it would only evolve at night, but I'm fine with this. I do prefer the day form to the night form. They both look like skinny, mangy mutts, but the night form is just way too creepy. It looks straight up evil imo.

Also, I'm getting really freaked out by these Ultra Beasts.

r9z4SH4.jpg

Ware Ware Daze my shit up, fam.

Wasn't it said that they all share a secret?

As far as I know, it was only said that Rockruff had a secret, and the Starters had a secret as well. So, it's not necessarily that they share the same secret.

Yeah, but Deerling and Sawsbuck's change is purely aesthetic. Its stats, movepool, and even type remain the same. I have a hard time believing the same will be true for Rockruff.
Yes, they were just aesthetic, but that doesn't mean they can't do it that way with Rockruff.

The way I see it, Lugarugan has two possibilities for its forms. The first one is that it changes when day becomes night or vice versa, this reminds me of Deerling with regards to seasons. The other possibility is that it is stuck in the form, this reminds me of what cloak Burmy wears when it evolves into Wormadam.

I'm loving both of Rockruff's evolutions. We got a wolf and a werewolf all in one! I hope the forms are permanent and the starters get the same treatment as well.

The new UBs looks pretty eerie. I wonder why they share the same number though. Are Lusamine and Gladion twins? Perhaps in Sun only Gladion becomes a UB while Lusamine manages to resist/suppress the transformation and vice versa in Moon. That would explain why they're both UB-02, since they don't exist simultaneously in the same timeline.

Also it seems like people who were speculating about the existence of a more powerful form of Type: Null were right.

As far as I know, it was only said that Rockruff had a secret, and the Starters had a secret as well. So, it's not necessarily that they share the same secret.
I remember it being they all shared a secret because in that issue it showed all four together

Back
Top Bottom