• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I like rockruffs light evolution more than its dark evolution.

Funnily, my girlfriend is just the opposite. It's like this generation was made for us to have sun vs moon. She thinks that certain evolutions will be only in one version, since she thinks Nintendo are a bunch of money grubbing fools who milk everything they can out of her fans. Either way at least she and I have access to both via each other.

I have two thoughts:

1. Since UB-01's name is a mystery, does this mean that the Ultra Beasts weren't created by the Aether Foundation? Because they would have clearly name it and then it wouldn't be a mystery.
I just assumed its a mystery in that we'll learn its true name soon. For all we know its something like UB-01 Aether

Lugarugan has a day form and night form. Forms are not evolutions. A single pokemon only. Not sure why I have to explain this again.

Speaking of, do you thing Lugarugan will keep its Japanese name or will it have a different name in English

Speaking of, do you thing Lugarugan will keep its Japanese name or will it have a different name in English
Probably something along something wolf related since the garu in the name means wolf, and even though I hate to mention it, Garurumon, lol.

I read somewhere (can't recall if it was here or elsewhere) that Lugarugan sounds a lot like "loup garou" which is French for werewolf.

I knew the phonetics of "loo-gar" reminded me of a werewolf for some reason, but I just could not put my finger on it. That must have been it! And it's got a nice ring to it, so I certainly wouldn't mind if it carried over into the English name.

Rockruff's evolutions are pretty nice. I don't know which one to pick. The only downside is that the Midnight one brings up too much Zoroark imagery.

Was anyone able to confirm its ability/abilities? As well as typing?

Sadly, no types or abilities were named in the scan. Hopefully we get that info this Wednesday, but it could very well be that this info is CoroCoro exclusive and we won't hear any official info about it for a while :(

I also hope we'll get some more clarity soon about if these forms are permanent or it changes every day/night. If it doesn't then I'm probably going for the Midday form, but I wouldn't mind if it changes every time either. Rockruff would still definitely be on my team :D

New pages have leaked:

corocoro1.jpg
corocoro2.jpg

It seems Midday Form is exclusive to Sun and Midnight form to Moon :(

This is something that I think isn't a good decision. I thought this was about the time of day, not the version that determined the evolution.
They're not version exclusives. It is the time of day that determines the evolution.

It seems Midday Form is exclusive to Sun and Midnight form to Moon :(
Why do you say that? Does CoroCoro state that?

Guess this means some people will get both. Also, Midnight form looks like a gangsta or punk like Team Skull. I can see them using it.

They're not version exclusives. It is the time of day that determines the evolution.

Why do you say that? Does CoroCoro state that?

The new pages say that yes. They are version exclusive :(

Also: Midday form gets a new move called Axle (or Accel) Rock and the Midnight form gets Counter. Kinda lame that the Midday form gets a new move while the Midnight form just gets Counter :/

I really do hate this, it was supposed to be a day/night thing and they go and make them version exclusive too ¬¬

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

We already know that Rockruff evolution changes depending on whether it is night or day and there is both night and day in Sun and Moon.

So why would they be exclusives? God, that is such a stupid decision.

If they're version exclusive I'm rather upset. I want sun so I can get solgaleo and play during the nighttime instead of always in the day (I play after 5 pm) but I like midnight lugarugan.

If they're version exclusive I'm rather upset. I want sun so I can get solgaleo and play during the nighttime instead of always in the day (I play after 5 pm) but I like midnight lugarugan.

I'm in the exact opposite position, I'm getting Moon but I really liked the Midday Form :p Still getting Moon though and still getting Rockruff, but can't deny I'm severely disappointed. I guess you can say I could just trade with someone, but I prefer catching and evolving my own mons.

Back
Top Bottom