• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I really don't think it'll be that strong.
No one thought Aegislash was that strong when it came out, and guess what. The thing is that if this thing can change type once per move in battle (which is what I had hoped they would revamp on Arceus) then Arceus can kiss its Pokegod throne good-bye. We have a new savior.

Oh, I'm not saying there aren't feline elements. It's just, I look at a thing that's got a somewhat lion-like body but also a piscine tail, insectoid forelegs, and a giant, crested, stone helmet, and my first though probably isn't going to be, "Oh, that's a cat."
I do not recall the leaker's exact wording

some shit about this cat inheriting both traits and types from the parents, I dunno, that sounds like chimera to me. The concepts are too similar for me to believe we're getting both null and that cat. Though, again, maybe there's a first form you can breed that we don't know about (or just null itself I guess but that seems weird). It would be cool if you could breed your own silvavi with different legs and tail, though I don't see it happening. Though worth noting is that I considered the prospect of it being this gen's second pseudo, considering it will probably have either 580 or 600 bst, which -- although silvavi is a very special pokemon -- is pretty much unheard of for non legends. And pseudos always have three stages.

I really don't think it'll be that strong.
uh
despite what I may have said earlier I'm inclined to agree

tumblr_obrad5UNfd1ttdkobo2_500.gif

Last edited:
Well, even CoroCoro flavor text says that it's playing (mimicking) god (take that, Arceus). And it's harder to tell Silvadi typing because only the knob on the forehead and the feathers change color.

No one thought Aegislash was that strong when it came out, and guess what. The thing is that if this thing can change type once per move in battle (which is what I had hoped they would revamp on Arceus) then Arceus can kiss its Pokegod throne good-bye. We have a new savior.

Strategy-wise, sure. I just meant in terms of BST. (And even then, Arceus was already dethroned by Mega Rayquaza. :p)

I do not recall the leaker's exact wording

some shit about this cat inheriting both traits and types from the parents, I dunno, that sounds like chimera to me. The concepts are too similar for me to believe we're getting both null and that cat. Though, again, maybe there's a first form you can breed that we don't know about (or just null itself I guess but that seems weird). It would be cool if you could breed your own silvavi with different arms and tail, though I don't see it happening. Though worth noting is that I considered the prospect of it being this gen's second pseudo, considering it will probably have either 580 or 600 bst, which -- although silvavi is a very special pokemon -- is pretty much unheard of for non legends. And pseudos always have three stages.

I mean, if that leak is true, then I do think Type: Null is what they reported as the "breeding cat." I just think it's odd to have latched onto the feline aspects and boiled it down to a "cat."

Strategy-wise, sure. I just meant in terms of BST. (And even then, Arceus was already dethroned by Mega Rayquaza. :p)
M-Ray is pure power. This all type emcompassing mojo is another story.

Shiruvadi is kind of a funny evolution....designs like that are usually forms aren't they? In a way it's design hasn't changed any more than a Mega really....possibly even less since it's bottom half hasn't changed at all.

I'm guessing it might be a happiness evolution? That's what makes the most sense with the way it was worded...

Not sure how I feel about the Jangmo-o evolutions, something about the artwork seems kinda unprofessional. I guess this is another Pokemon that'll benefit greatly when we see it's in-game model.

I just look at another site, and they say A-Grimer became Dark from eating Alolan garbage (can't verify if this is true because that part of the picture where the flavor text is was missing from the scan). I have to wonder, what kind of stuffs do the Alolan throw away in their garbage that make a Pokemon Dark from eating them.

Shiruvadi takes everything great about Type: Null and makes if better. Also, it has a name now! And an ability that's practically Multitype with items that are practically just Plates, it seems.

I'm not going to speak of those things that also got revealed, kinda glad they're disappointing seeing as I'm already struggling with my team.

I just look at another site, and they say A-Grimer became Dark from eating Alolan garbage (can't verify if this is true because that part of the picture where the flavor text is was missing from the scan). I have to wonder, what kind of stuffs do the Alolan throw away in their garbage that make a Pokemon Dark from eating them.

Pancakes.

There's something in those pancakes, man.

Well the dark type is known as the evil type in Japan right?

Probably loads of sharp tin can lids and broken bottles.....that hurt Grimers insides and now he's back for revenge. :p

Maybe ypu misread that and they were throwing away memes, so it turned dank.

Btw my opinions: I was really hyped for Jangmo-o's evolution. My favourite types are grass, fighting and dark, and I really wanted to have dual dragon types with those second typings. I love M-Sceptile (but that was a given since regular Sceptile is already my favourite starter). Hydreigon was such a disappointment to me, since I really don't like its design whatsoever. Now these Jangmo-o evolutions.... I don't know. First stage is cool, last stage hasn't hooked me at he moment. I agree with the consensus that it almost seems overdesigned (although I don't hate complicated designs). I hope it will grow on me, and I will still probably use it, if you can catch Jangmo-o before like the 8th gym or something.

Jararanga can be a little scary if you look at it this way:
''Trapped in a dark cave or a ravine, suddenly you hear a thud and then another, and slowly you hear a jangling sound, approaching towards you and then an earsplitting roar which echoes.'' Jangling sound can be related to demoness in Hinduism who wear several bangles and roam at night. It is just my imagination but I think the anime will be able to portray Jararanga best.
On a side note, check out those golden claws - they look sharp!

This month's CoroCoro turned out to be great, always nice to wake up to good news. :) The little tidbit about Ilmia was good, we finally have seen a design for them.

I really like the Jangmo-o evolution line. The remind me of a cross between an Ankylosaurus and some other two legged dinosaur, though I can't pinpoint which.

Silvani is pretty damn cool and the Arceus mimicry is a nice touch. Its item & ability really do copy the method of Multitype. Love the design and how it evolves by trust and breaking its helmet. The interesting thing, however, is that Silvani has an entire page to itself, and that Gladion is shown on the bottom of the page showing Silvani. Maybe Gladion's Type:Null will evolve into Silvani, and it will have some spotlight in the story? I think this may be true, as Jangmo-o's two evolutions got a third of a page below demonstrations of the Z-Ring accessoryt hat'll accompany Sun/Moon. The full art of it, however, is pretty damn epic.

Jararanga can be a little scary if you look at it this way:
''Trapped in a dark cave or a ravine, suddenly you hear a thud and then another, and slowly you hear a jangling sound, approaching towards you and then an earsplitting roar which echoes.'' Jangling sound can be related to demoness in Hinduism who wear several bangles and roam at night. It is just my imagination but I think the anime will be able to portray Jararanga best.

Okay that's creepy as hell and I love it!

Best idea for an episode I've seen in a long time, though!

Jangmo-o's evolutions: They're not that bad. Clearly they're meant to be "instantly cool" Pokemon like Haxorus or Salamence but I think they went a little overboard with those scales, especially on the final stage. I actually like the middle stage better. But yeah, I don't dislike them and they might grow on me further.

Silvadi: I absolutely love it! I already thought Type-Null was cool-looking but Silvadi is freaking majestic! Poor thing has a proper name too. Its face kinda reminds me of a feline Arceus actually. I don't mind it looking just like Type-Null without its helmet, we've already had evolutions like that before (Minccino to Cinccino). And I guess they couldn't have made it a form since it cannot revert back.

Another thing I saw is that some are comparing Jararanga to Quetzacoatl the feathered serpent.
Now the only difference is we have scales instead of feathers and we have a dragon instead of a snake.

http://i.********/vp/1476339036769.jpg
j6rkp0.png

Another thing I saw is that some are comparing Jararanga to Quetzacoatl the feathered serpent.
Now the only difference is we have scales instead of feathers and we have a dragon instead of a snake.

http://i.********/vp/1476339036769.jpg
j6rkp0.png

Considering how iconic its feathers are, I honestly can't see anything based off of it not having feathers **'

Dragon evolution: JINGY JANGY JINGLY DOOS! I hope it jingles like a keychain.

Type: Null- looks BOSS.

Trial person: Wow they're even harder to tell a gender than Bugsy was!

...Also that ash face is not doing this season's art style any favors god that looks stupid as hell.

Well, even CoroCoro flavor text says that it's playing (mimicking) god (take that, Arceus). And it's harder to tell Silvadi typing because only the knob on the forehead and the feathers change color.

Actually, according to the magazine, also the fish tail's membrane changes color. So its the eyes, the head feathers and tail.

This month's CoroCoro turned out to be great, always nice to wake up to good news. :) The little tidbit about Ilmia was good, we finally have seen a design for them.

I really like the Jangmo-o evolution line. The remind me of a cross between an Ankylosaurus and some other two legged dinosaur, though I can't pinpoint which.

Based on body design and the way it stands, I'd say its loosely inspired by the Megaraptor species, such as this guy:

latest

Kinda fits IMO, because it just happens that Grimlock in Beast Wars Transformers (comic only) is also a die-hard warrior, but a savage one at that. Jaranga's clawed arms, and those of the beast's picture above are also kind of the same length.

Back
Top Bottom