• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I quite like Jangmo-o's evolutions. But it does feel like there's a noticeable change in quality as the line progresses, I'm not sure if they were drawn by different people or something like that which can explain it. But I like it enough. Dragon/Fighting is a cool type and it has two different but very useful abilities. I personally feel like Dragon/Fighting with Soundproof is much more interesting than Dragon/Steel with Bulletproof (since Steel was a popular suggestion) with Hyper Voice being a common move in doubles. I'm hoping it learns Dragon Hammer for when it swings that mighty tail around too! :D

Silvadi looks pretty awesome. I wasn't really a fan of Type: Null but I do like its evolution. It's a simple design change but one that kinda makes sense as an evolution rather than a form since it has no reason to ever gain the mask back at all if it trusts the trainer. Hopefully it's not as powerful as Arceus, because it seems to be an imitaton of it, but I can see it being pretty strong. Also loving the art with Gladion. I love when we get trainer art of a character with their signature mons (like Wally and Mega Gallade, or Steven and Mega Metagross before ORAS).

Not remotely bothered for Grimer and likely won't be for Muk. Disappointing such a form was chosen over something potentially more interesting like Parasect, Golduck or Primeape. And if eating trash is the explanation for the Dark-type being added then... ick consider me even less impressed. I guess it's cool for Grimer/Muk fans at least, since from typing alone they're likely going to be much better than their regular selves.

Also, for anyone wondering, Ilima is a guy. They're called Liam in some other languages (Italian, I think). :p

Oh wow, Silvadi looks AWESOME! That introduction artwork where it destroys its helmet is absolutely amazing, couldn't be more satisfied with a CoroCoro leak.

I actually like that it doesn't change much from Type: Null, it makes sense given the "helmet controlling its latent power" concept. When the helmet breaks, Type: Null, now Silvadi, can unleash its true power, which is mostly signified by its brighter mane and more pronounced crest. If Silvadi had a complete form change like most evolutions, it would've defeated the whole purpose of the helmet design. Good stuff!

I'm very interested in how this "mimicking Arceus" story it has is going to unfold, I love the idea of humans in the Pokemon world trying to create a copy of its own god.. reminds me of the whole Mewtwo storyline.

I haven't been overly fond with all the new Pokémon that have been revealed. I was hoping Jangmo-o would've been the exception, but they really overdid it with the final evolution.. But i'm optimistic, I hope it will grow on me overtime. Same goes for Silvadi actually.

Aww Jangmo-o became bipedal :( We need more quadrupedal dragons darnit. Not a big fan of Jararanga's artwork, but it's 3D-model might still sway me to have it on my team.

Silvadi looks cool, though I think I actually prefer Type: Null, the helmet just looks cooler than its face imo.

Not a fan of Alolan Grimer, it just looks dull and that yellow lip is just creepy. Also share the sentiment that we're getting a bit too many Alola Forms of the same type, 2 Ice lines and now three Dark lines. I would prefer to just see new Dark and Ice type Pokémon, but I've got the feeling that we're not getting any :(

http://i.********/vp/1476339036769.jpg
j6rkp0.png

Wow Mega Serperior looks great

I really like the new art of Gladion with the AR discs. He has a different vibe to the rest of Team Skull. Super good.

Except the SM Anime news, I'm quite satisfied with this month's news from Coro Coro. Everything regarding on the game is just so nice.

For there is another Alolan pokemon, well to be fair I had already become indifferent to any new ones, so it is not really a big matter to me, I'd learn to disregard any info that is not of my taste. Though, there is just a little doubt from me is that why so many of the Alolan pokemons are Dark-type?

Jangmo-o evolution line looks innovative. I think this is the first fighting-dragon pokemon we ever had. Had quite a nice design.

The most intriguing is of course the evolution of Type:Null -- Silvadi. Not only its true face under the helmet is so handsome, but more is because the immediate impression of it kind of give me some feeling of those card monster from YGO, where I just like it. Of course other then its physical appearance, its background mystery is seems more deepen by this reveal, which just arouse so many imagination romance. A manmade pokemon that is becoming more and more like a mimick of the almight Alpha God Arceus, it even has this AR System ability to alter its attack type in the similar sense like Multitype. What was the point of making this pokemon at the first place? What was the aim of those human being that produced this pokemon? Moreoever, how does this pokemon felt about itself being such existence? Does it have anything sophisticated thinking like Mewtwo? If it does, how does it feel for becoming a handheld of a human being? I just can't help it where all these doubtful imagination keeps on flowing. The existence of this pokemon just represents the sinfulness of the blasphemous human being, where it is a literal romance on its own. :love:

A have a new dragon friend. Instant team spot. I wish I could remember what aesthetic this is, though. I know I've seen it before.

Overall thoughts?
  • Jarango and Jararanga look... really odd to me. Not sure how to feel on it, even though I was never exactly attached to it. Points for having a really cool typing, though!
  • OH MY. We got a legal Arceus, boys. SILVADI looks extremely interesting to me, and in all honesty, fixes a lot about what I didn't like about Type: Null's design. I'm definitely putting this thing on my team now!
  • Alolan Muk, Poison/Dark. This should be interesting - there's only one mon that comes to mind with that combination other than it, and that's Drapion. I see great potential for this thing!

there's only one mon that comes to mind with that combination other than it, and that's Drapion. I see great potential for this thing!

RIP Skuntank, the forgotten pokemon.

I quite love the designs for Jangmo-o and Type: Null's evolutions... As for Alolan Grimer, he's kinda cute.

RIP Skuntank, the forgotten pokemon.

I'd imagine he'd be more remembered considering how fans are with PMD2...

Oh, wow! I love these new boys! Jangmo-o has definitely earned a place on my team by turning into a beautiful, pangolin-ish dragon. I've been kinda cold on Type: Null, but I'm really digging it's evo. It's something about it's head/face, I just find it neat!
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought it was a pangolin!!!!

woah, null goes from ugloo to actually sort of cool, I certainly didn't see that coming. I love how mechanical its face looks. Its head-feather-thing flaring up helps too.

jangmo's evo...I am not sure how to feel about it. It looks similar to what I feared would happen, as in, I think it might be a tad overdesigned with all those scales...especially the ones on its head, I think it could do with just the forehead scale, like its first two forms. And speaking of its middle form, I don't like how its arms go from black to gray, like, that's just a blatant downgrade. The only feature of it I think I like is its face, and maybe its tail. Maybe it will grow on me l8r, but probably not much.
I kinda see where ya'll are coming from with jangmo-o's evolutions. But I LOVE jangmo-o's middle evolution, like it's probably one of my favorite pokemon design-wise.

Not really feeling his last evolution though. Also, ilima is just a young chick with pink hair?

Speaking of non- legendary Pokemon exclusively (I have a separate ranking for legendary pokemon), I have added new favourites in every generation, but my TOP FAVOURITES have remained Charizard, Metagross and Salamence. So I have been waiting to add a new TOP FAVOURITE Pokemon ever since 2005...

And it has finally appeared! Jararanga is joining my top favourites club, and that alone has fixed Gen VII in terms of new Pokemon, for me.

Jararanga excites me on several levels:

- finally adding a new Pokemon to my non- legendary top favourites ranking: Metagross, Salamence, Charizard and Jararanga
- finally adding a fighting type that I like, as I am not a big fan of fighting types in general
- finally having a final evolution from Gen VII that I love

Salandit, Jangmo-o, Pikipek, Rockruff and Litten were the final evolutions that I expected to become awesome. Rockruff and Litten have failed.

I hope Slandit and Pikipek follow Jungmo-o, but even if they don´t Jararanga has already made the generation good in terms of Pokemon introduced.

Last edited:
Speaking of non- legendary Pokemon exclusively (I have a separate ranking for legendary pokemon), I have added new favourites in every generation, but my TOP FAVOURITES have remained Charizard, Metagross and Salamence. So I have been waiting to add a new TOP FAVOURITE Pokemon ever since...

And it has finally appeared! Jararanga is joining my top favourites club, and that alone has fixed Gen VII in terms of new Pokemon, for me.

For me, the top favourites are Raichu and Charizard, and maybe Silvadi may join them, if not, then atleast it is joining the favourites along with Dragonair, Litten and Lycanroc (Midday).

For me, the top favourites are Raichu and Charizard, and maybe Silvadi may join them, if not, then atleast it is joining the favourites along with Dragonair, Litten and Lycanroc (Midday).
I can´t help but look at Silvadi as a legendary/mythical, or a human made counterpart of those. It just doesn´t look like a normal Pokemon to me, so I tendo to put Silvadi in my Legendary ranking of favourites (Jirachi, Xerneas, Zekrom, Rayquaza, Groudon, Latis, Therian formes, legendary dogs).

If Silvadi ends up being a normal, non-legendary Pokemon, with non- legendary BST (allowed in the Battle Facility of the generation), then it could join my non- legendary top favourites...

Also, is it confirmed that Jararanga is the Pseudo of Gen VII?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom