• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create a Pokemon Spinoff

HeroOfDarkness

Many Thanks
Reaction score
With games like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and Conquest, can you guys think of any different ideas for a Pokemon spinoff?
I would like more knowledge on becoming a Pokemon Breeder. Maybe Brock could make an appearance in the game as the professor character?

Discuss.

A real time fighting game. 3D arena with 6v6 battles where you can switch out pokemon, and change attacks like in the standard games. Also game mechanics like super effective hits would apply.

Well, there are many cool ideas, and many have been used. I would maybe enjoy something like Pokémon Ranch, but more in depth. If I had to make an original idea, then out of the few I can think of right now, maybe a game that you create your own mini region like how in animal crossing how each town is different in some way. Unlikely to happen, a game in which you make your own team and compete with official teams to become the very best there is [illegaly].

An MMO or a fighting game. Either would be an instant buy.

Depending on the type of challenges, it could be interesting to have a game were the battles are more like the challenges each of the Orange Island gyms had. If you think of when Squirtle had to hit those moving targets, it could work like the targeting in super training.

Something like PVZ: Garden Warfare would be nice. If PopCap can make a game for a completely different genre with an old IP while still keeping the roots of the game (ehehehe) in place, Game Freak can.

I'd go with a detective game, but it seems that they're already doing that. If I had creative control, it would focus on a new member of The International Police, and would also have Pokémon Conquest gameplay element, but combined with the Pokémon Rangers idea about having each Pokémon having a field ability. In real time. Oh, and it would have a Mystery Dungeonesque story.

obviously an open world action-rpg pokemon game with a more mature story (this can change since i would be happy with just the action-rpg part)
i want to catch pokemons in an open world, then when i fight i take control of the pokemon and it controls like a hack and slash game
also the plot, i wish it was more mature, like the "evil" organization is actually evil and not just goofballs

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom