• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P Bragging Rights

I just bred a Skarmory with four egg moves a couple of days ago; Steel Wing (not exactly an eggmove, but it learned it from the father), Roost, Drill Peck, Rock Slide. Now I've got about 10 babies like him ;) My first successful move breeding, actually, since I didn't breed in any of the previous games. :p

I can deal with an anticlimax if Cresselia would just stop running away and stay in the Pokeball. She's really quite active for someone who is asleep, and has less than ten percent health. I've been using Quick Balls and Dusk Balls (when it's night time) but the best I've managed is three shakes.

I did get Mesprit with a Quick Ball, though. On our tenth or so encounter, anyway.
Paralyze anyone??

You can't paralyze and sleep at the same time, and sleeping gives a greater bonus when calculating whether the Pokemon gets caught or not.

--But if you use a Wobbuffet or...Diglett...or Trapinch, it's easier, and paralysis is permanent whereas sleep isn't.

I caught my Dialga with only one Ultra Ball. I caught a shiny (green pelipper) in Ruby version (migrated over to Diamond, so that sort of counts as D/P)

I just won a Masterball from the Jubilife lottery. =) I have no idea what the chances of that are, but it's the first time I've gotten something better than second prize, let alone an entire matching number. I was pretty surprised!

The chances are one in whatever you get when you divide 65536 by the number of unique ID numbers you have. So, for example, if you have 64 unique ID numbers, the chances are one in 1024. =)

917 trades has anyone else had as many or more trades?

On my first serious try at solving the Turnback Cave puzzle after catching Giratina, I got to the final room just after three rooms. Now I have two pieces of Reaper Cloth in my bag.

I also have all the Arceus plates, and have two of most of them.

Oh, and I won two backdrops from the lottery corner on two consecutive days.

Another thing: on my first serious try at honey tree Pokémon hunting, I caught two female Combees and a Heracross, in addition to several Cherubi.

Last edited:
The chances are one in whatever you get when you divide 65536 by the number of unique ID numbers you have. So, for example, if you have 64 unique ID numbers, the chances are one in 1024. =)
Thanks for the info! I estimate I have somewhere around 50-60 unique ID numbers, so I guess I was pretty lucky, especially since you can only draw one number a day.

Hmmm... All my pokémon's ID numbers are identical, and the exact same as my Trainer ID. I'm probably looking in the wrong place, so could somebody tell me where to find the pokémon's ID numbers?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom