• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawning's Library

OP
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Welcome to Dawning's Library! Here I'll be posting my reviews on various books I read or have read.

Below are a list of books you can expect my reviews on in the nearish future:
Crier's War by Nina Varela (Crier's War Book One)

Curse of the Specter Queen by Jenny Elder Moke (Samantha Knox Book One)
The Gentlemen's Guide To Vice And Virtue by Mackenzie Lee

Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire (InCryptid Book One)
Hook: Dead Wrong by Melissa Snark (Hook and the Pirates of Netherland Book Two)
Whiskey Ginger by Shayne Silvers and Cameron O'Connell (Phantom Queen Diaries Book One, Temple Verse Book 12)
Daughter of the Deep by Rick Riordan
A Trick of the Light by Stan Lee and Kat Rosenfield

None presently

How Recommendations Work: because it's extremely unique and complicated sarcasm
Books I receive as recommendations go on the recommendations list with the title, author name, series if applicable, and user who recommended it (unless otherwise requested) immediately when received; you can rec me books here in this thread, on my profile, or on the DMs here or on Discord. They don't go on the backlog until I've obtained a copy of the book in question. Once I finish and review the review book, I'll make sure to mention (@, ping, etc) you in the post so you can see my thoughts on it and so others know who recced it, again you request otherwise.

What Kind Of Things Should You Recommend?
I have two rules:
-If you think its a bad book, don't recommend it. This is pretty intuitive.
-If it's widely considered a classic, don't recommend it. This is to prevent the recs getting filled with books everyone's already read because that's my job

As for what kinda books I like- almost anything goes, except I don't like horror. I love fairy tale retellings, and relatedly anything King Arthur, and most sci-fi and fantasy things but I'll read mostly whatever, and even if you rec something that's not really my thing I'll try and get around to reading it, and do my best to review it evenhandedly, because while this is probably mostly for me, it's also for whoever decides to reads this blog and if it so happens that someone reading this blog does like that kind of books and hasn't read the specific book, then I want them to have a fair review to judge it from if they're considering it.

And that's about it. Happy reading, everyone!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom