• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games Defeat The Boss 3.0 - Power Rangers edition [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tutorial
    • Staff
    For those that are unfamiliar with the previous game, I have put together a brief tutorial. Please let me know if you have any questions.

When the game starts, a team will be chosen random via RNG and then character information will be generated. These will be provided publically and will determine how you interact with the game world.

An example is… and this is NOT a generated stats sheet. This is strictly for this instruction manual.

Unmorphed Stats
    Strength: 2
    Agility: 1
    HP: 5
    Energy: 500 (Regen: 50)
    Attacks/Inventory:
    Punch (Dmg - 1, Energy - 0)
    Kick (Dmg - 2, Energy - 0)
    Flying Kick (Dmg - 5, Energy - 10)
    Power Morpher (Energy: 30) - Morphs the player
    Gold: 0
    Skill points: 0
    Experience: 0/50

Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
    Strength: 20
    Agility: 15
    HP: 50
    Attacks:
    Punch (Dmg - 1, Energy - 0)
    Kick (Dmg - 2, Energy - 0)
    Flying Kick (Dmg - 5, energy - 20)
    Blade Blaster - Blaster Mode (Dmg 15, Energy 30)
    Blade Blaster - Dagger Mode (Dmg 15, Energy 30)
    Power Sword (Dmg 50, Energy 70)
    latest

Tyannosaurus Dinozord
    Strength: 200
    Agility: 50
    HP: 500
    Energy: 500 (Regen 50)
    Attacks:
    Bite (Dmg - 10, Energy 0)
    Tail Slam (dmg - 50, Energy 25)
    Claw (Dmg 25, Energy 10)
    Combine (Dmg 0, Energy 100)

Also generated will be the Megazord stats, which all players within the megazord will share.

Dino Megazord
    Strength: 2000
    Agility: 20
    HP: 2000
    Energy: 200 (Regen 100)
    Attacks
    Punch (Dmg 10, Energy 0)
    Kick (Dmg 10, Energy 0)
    Power Sword (Dmg 50, Energy 10)
    Power Sword Final Strike (Dmg 500, Energy 100)
    Mammoth Blaster (Dmg 50, Energy 10)
    Mammoth Shield (Dmg 0, Energy 10) - Block incoming attacks

How to read these:

First, strength is an attack modifier. It’ll be added to attacks to determine how much damage they do. For example, Unmorphed with a strength of 2, and a dmg of 2, your kicks will do 4 damage.

Your agility is your chance to avoid an attack. Your speed, basically. In order to have any chance to avoid an attack, your agility must be higher than your enemies agility. After that, the chance of avoiding the attack depends on the difference between your agility and the enemies, plus a roll of the dice.
    HP is the amount of hitpoints you have… thus the amount of damage you can take. These do not regenerate, but you can heal yourself or your team through certain actions, such as items you can buy for gold at the end of a phase. HP falling to zero in morphed, zord or megazord modes generally means you will revert to a previous mode (Morphed to demorph, zord to Morphed). Enemy attacks with overkill do risk destroying the Ranger entirely, but these are rare.
    Energy: This bar is shared between Unmorphed and Morphed forms. It’s basically your mana pool. In order to use an attack or ability, you must have enough energy. Warning that if your energy falls to zero, you will demorph. If the energy of the Megazord or zords falls to zero, you will be thrown to the ground (Same with the HP)
    The regen attribute is the amount of energy you will gain back, as long as you are not using energy that turn.
    Finally we come to attacks. The Dmg attribute is the basic damage that the attack or ability does.

The energy attribute is the amount of energy required to use this ability. If you try to use an ability without enough energy, it will fail. If your energy falls to zero, you will demorph.
    Gold, skill points and experience points are dropped by the enemies that you face. Each ranger that contributes to defeating the enemy will share in the prize pool.

Enemies will have a similar stat sheet.

In addition to these stats, there is one more stat to take into consideration. Effort modifier. This is a 0 to 5 addition, that adds just a little bit of damage, that could be the key to finishing off a bad guy faster.

For example.

Use Power Sword on Goldar

Would get an effort modifier of 0. This means that the power sword will do only 70 damage.

I stumble back and brush the area on my chest where Goldar’s sword had struck me. “Nice try.” I say as I grip my Power Sword. “But it will take a lot more than that to defeat me.”
    With my power sword in hand, I ran forward and leap into the air. I raise my power sword to the air as I flip and bring my power sword down on Goldar.
    Would probably get an effort modifier of 5.

Effort modifiers are then multiplied by 5 to get their final damage addition.

In this example, the Power Sword attack would do 95 damage.

When all enemies in a phase are defeated, you will be given the ability to spend your gold (received from enemies) or your skill points (Received from levelling up). Choose wisely.

You may have noticed that some attacks have the same attributes:
    Blade Blaster - Blaster Mode (Dmg 15, Energy 30)

Blade Blaster - Dagger Mode (Dmg 15, Energy 30)
    Against a normal enemy, these are exactly the same… but some enemies have defenses against certain types of attacks. The Blaster Mode would be useless against an enemy that is absorbing energy attacks, for example. An enemy that has a high chance to parry would have a good chance of blocking a physical attack.

As always, if you have any questions, ask.

EDIT: Xenforo seems to have made a mess of the stats sheet... Not sure why but I'll solve that before the game starts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom