• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demo discussion (not for spoilers/datamine info)

First we got 10 pretty wings that we can just sell later from a guy next to the Pokemon center, and now the girl that sprained her ankle showing off a random Machamp. Lets see that the other events are since the first two isn't really interesting. I did get the Hau event though.

Demo should help keep some fans occupied while waiting for full game. I watch a youtube video of someone playing the demo so I saw what it was like. It was pretty good. Of course I don't get demos since full games is always better.

I don't think 'better' is the right word, or concept even, to use in this case. A demo is meant to be a short (and this demo is short even counting the filler they put it to get people to play it more than once) taste of what the game is. Of course the real game would be 'better' than the demo.

There's really no harm in playing a demo. It's like being offered a free sample to taste how a food is going to be before buying it. So I don't really understand your opinion on that matter.

Team Skull... They're so ridiculous, but they actually pull it off. Unlike our "friends" in red back in Kalos...

Team Skull... They're so ridiculous, but they actually pull it off. Unlike our "friends" in red back in Kalos...

A while back, @The Outrage compared them, in antagonistic terms, to Impmon from Digimon Tamers, with the Aether Foundation/Ultra Beasts being comparable to Hypnos/the D-Reaper. I found this quite apt.* I would be very happy if Team Skull ended up being more of a B-plot nuisance, which I think helps to bed in their overall ridiculousness. Team Skull can be goofy, while the serious stuff goes to the Aether Foundation and the Ultra Beasts (although personally, I still don't want the Aether Foundation to be the "real villains"). I feel like this would be a much better way to split the tonal difference, rather than doing what DPP and XY did by having a composed, straight-shooting visionary commanding of a legion of clowns.

* Granted, it probably helps that I bloody love Digimon Tamers, and the similarities to the D-Reaper were one of the first things I noticed about the UBs and are partially why I like them so much. :p

I think the problem with Team Flare is that Lysandre was supposed to be totally serious about his plan, but Masuda (iirc in an interview) wanted to portray his views as silly. So...rather than writing it well...they made Team Flare look goofy. Also doesn't help that Lysandre's goals aren't exactly clear.

I changed the date to find Lillie, and now the lady waiting keeps saying he'll come in 1 day after I changed it back. I hope I didn't mess it up...

For full games, it stops events for a while. Not sure about demos but I guess it does the same. See if it does mess up the events. If it did then just wait until it is restored.

What if you need to change the time because of DST?

What if you need to change the time because of DST?

That is actually a really good thing to know for everyone: changing your clock for DST does mess with your ingame events which are based on time/day. These events will not be available for 24 hours, and it could very well be the case for the events in the demo too.

I Might just wait with changing the clock until the demo events are over...

Well, I don't really have much to say about the demo itself, but there is something I'd like to bring up... for some strange reason, when I started the demo up today, it said that the data had been corrupted. Shortly after, I tried reseting to see if it would eleviate that issue, and to no-one's surprise, that didn't work. Then, a little while afterwards, I opened up Aplha Sapphire to see if any other data on the system had been corrupted, and it had not, then when I went back into the S/M Demo to erase the save data as the manual suggested, I found it to be working just fine. Rather strange if you ask me, especially since I have no idea what caused it in the first place.

Oh, and as for some comment on the demo itself... all I really have to say is Ash-Greninja is meh, the inability to walk with the D-pad sucks and I am so using a Jangmo-o on my in-game team. I mean I knew that last one the instant I saw the thing, but that's besides the point.

Still haven't had the Hau, Lillie, or Dugtrio events. >-> This is Dragonball Xenoverse skill drop after special quest event levels of RNG stupid.

Hau seems to only appear on Sunday, he even mentions the day being Sunday. And it seems Lillie only appears on Fridays (lot of people reported here seeing her last friday and she also appears for those that set the date to Nov. 18th, also a Friday). So for both of those, I think you can stop checking every day except for those specific days.

The Dugtrio event seems to really be RNG though, there's not a lot of people who've been able to catch that one...

EDIT: @PinkIceFox did you make sure it was night when you went to meet Hau on Sunday? It seems to only happen at Sunday night (night in the game that is), same with Lillie I think.

Last edited:
did you make sure it was night when you went to meet Hau on Sunday? It seems to only happen at Sunday night (night in the game that is), same with Lillie I think.
When I did the Lillie event, it was during the day time.

For some reason, the demo likes to stay night. Is this happening to everyone else?

When I did the Lillie event, it was during the day time.

For some reason, the demo likes to stay night. Is this happening to everyone else?

Ah so it isn't only night for Lillie then, good to know!

It being day/night in the demo depends on when you start the demo. It changes every minute, e.g. if you start the demo at 20:09 it's day and if you start it at 20:10 it's night (or the other way around).

It being day/night in the demo depends on when you start the demo. It changes every minute, e.g. if you start the demo at 20:09 it's day and if you start it at 20:10 it's night (or the other way around).
When I started it up in the day, it's night time in the game.

It doesn't determine day or night in the demo by the hour, it's by the minute. So, no matter when you play, you can get it to be either day or night by launching the demo at a specific minute. So if you start it at noon your time, it will be daytime in-game. But if you start it at 12:01, it will be nighttime in-game.

Well, it took several attempts, but I FINALLY got the Alolan Dugtrio event to trigger. RNG can sure be a royal pain sometimes, especially with my luck, but at least I finally got it. So I can check that off my to-do list.

Also, reflecting back on my first run through the demo, as well as looking at youtube videos, I noticed that the Pikachu we're given knows Iron Tail. I pointed that out a while ago, but not much conversation came out of it. It makes me wonder if there are going to be Move Tutors in SM outside of the standards ones like the Pledge moves, Elemental Hyper Beams, etc. After all, Pikachu can't learn Iron Tail via level up, nor through breeding, only by Move Tutor at this time. Does that mean we'll be getting Move Tutors in SM? And if so, what "currency" will we need? Shards? Battle Points? Festival coins? I hope we get Move Tutors, and not during post-game, but I'm not holding my breath right now. But anyone else notice that as well?

Back
Top Bottom