• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demo discussion (not for spoilers/datamine info)

I knew that Pikachu has iron tail since I played the demo when the demo came out.

Pikachu has Iron Tail in the demo? Pretty cool I guess. If that is Ash-Greninja then why has it got Night Slash?

I just got the Dugtrio event... and again it's a waste of time.
Now I'm SRing to see Lillie.

I just got the Dugtrio event... and again it's a waste of time.
Now I'm SRing to see Lillie.

Don't waste your time, I'm pretty sure Lillie's event only happens on Fridays. Likewise, Hau's event occurs on Sundays and the player's mom's on Tuesdays.

Pikachu has Iron Tail in the demo? Pretty cool I guess. If that is Ash-Greninja then why has it got Night Slash?

Well, from what we know, Cut cannot be obtained as a move through standard means in SM, which is why Ash-Greninja knows Night Slash instead. Not that many, if any, are complaining about that, as Night Slash is not only a superior move, but it gets STAB to boot. But since Iron Tail is Move Tutor only atm, that's what strikes me as odd. Which is why I'm wondering if there will be some form of Move Tutors outside of the standard ones in SM. I won't go into details due to spoiler reasons, but as far as we know, Cut cannot be obtained and Iron Tail may be a Move Tutor move.

I talked with the old man to celebrate his Pikachu's birthday. The event itself was pretty boring but I did get a Balm Mushroom so I'm not complaining.

Both Balm Mushroom and the Hau event (first time for me) today. Not bad I guess, even if it's nothing exciting. Keeps me counting the days until release.

Still haven't seen the Dugtrio yet though.

Is the whole deal with saying "Alola!" as a greeting going to be prevalent in the full games? I get that it's another connection to the real world, but isn't this going a bit too far? I mean, nobody that I've come across walks up to me and says, "America! How's your day been?"

Got the hau event and did the Pikachu birthday event.

I'll admit, seeing that happy little thing made me hate Pikachu just a little bit less. Old Man's sweet little Pikachu is spared from my wrath.

Is the whole deal with saying "Alola!" as a greeting going to be prevalent in the full games? I get that it's another connection to the real world, but isn't this going a bit too far? I mean, nobody that I've come across walks up to me and says, "America! How's your day been?"

Well, our culture hasn't synonymized the word "America" with "hello," so the approximation you're making here doesn't really work. People do generally greet each other with "hello" or something to that effect, and in Alolan culture, the name of the region does have a double-meaning as a salutation. That isn't the case with "America," so of course when you frame it that way, it would stick out.

Plus, it is not uncommon for Pokemon games to make references to their real world counter part, verbally that is. Like how XY was stuffed with French sentences and habits. Alola as a salutation can be seen as such and merges the real world with the Pokemon world in a nice little nod.

It's small details like these that make me love the direction GF went with the franchise since XY. (Going towards a more interconnected world that is)

@Lone_Garurumon I need to call you in on this thread because you mentioned on Discord that you managed to encounter Dexio and Sina in the Pokémon Center. This happened at what I assume to be Tuesday morning for us Australians, but he theorises that it could just be random chance. Should we keep note of that next time?

@Lone_Garurumon I need to call you in on this thread because you mentioned on Discord that you managed to encounter Dexio and Sina in the Pokémon Center. This happened at what I assume to be Tuesday morning for us Australians, but he theorises that it could just be random chance. Should we keep note of that next time?

I was just hopping on here to say that Sina & Dexio have turned up in the PokeCenter in my demo. I have also finally encountered Dugtrio lady at the beach. BeachBoysDugtrio wouldn't turn around for me. I could only see them from the back. Tried 3 times no luck. Went back to the PokeCenter, talked to Sina & Dexio again. Went back to the beach, tried a 4th time with Dugtrio lady. They turned around & I saw them from the front.

I saw Sina and Dexio and I finally get to see the elusive Alolain Dugtrio.

I got Dexio and Sina, the Alolan Dugtio, and mom buying out the shop today. It seems like some of these may be a Tuesday thing instead of random.

I guess we're checking it next week, then! Dang, I'm a bit salty now that I've missed it, haha.

It's funny that suddenly almost everyone (Including me) encounter Sina, Dexio, and Dugtrio lady. Maybe because it's already November. Well, not that I'm complaining though.:)

Back
Top Bottom