• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Describe Your Pokemon Character

Ho-oh

Reaction score
Are you a boy? Girl? And let's see how creative we are with our names, or if we even bother to make one! As for myself, I was pretty lazy back in the day, so I just named myself RED, GOLD, etc, with my rivals being their default.

I always use a girl character (BTW if you're wondering itsbecause they are lucky!) and generally name her Aiedail to keep the names the same when I trade.

Female character use my own name nickname my pokemon that will stay with me in the story mode and I name my rival from either in the anime or similar to the kids I put up with in real life

I've always named my character my name, and my rival my brother's name. He does vice versa.

I just use my real name for my characters, more often than not. For rivals, I've used all kinds of names, like Blue, Rivaldo, Barry, ???, and even Douche.

I always play as a female, and either use a name I like or rarely my own.
As for rivals, I always have fun with those. Names vary wildly according to my mood and range from simple little names to outright insults.

I always choose the female, since most of the times, I think the guys are generic. For names, I use Toni, Erika, or Ino. For rivals, it's whatever I can think of.

Im always the girl. And my name's always Emily, which is my name.

Im so orginal.

I'm always a boy, since I'm a guy in real life. I always use my own name for my character, and usually one of my friends' names for my rival.

i name mine whatever im doing at the time like my bro was playing smash bros on the wii well i made my guy so his name is ike (my brothers favorite character)

Boy.
My Ot name has changed. at first it was my real name, but then i got into wifi battling, so ive changed it up. in Emerald im Altair, from Assasins Creed, and named my rival Hassasin (Templar), an Angels and Demons reference+Assasins Creed refernce.
In my second playthrough i named myself Solo, after han Solo, and my rivals name was Chewie ( I think). Obvious Star Wars reference.
My third playthough of diamond, i named my character Xavier ( i was going to name him chuck, would have been a better reference) and my rival was Eric (otherwise known as Magneto), a reference to X-Men

For any Tales of the Abyss fans out there, my friend once named the Rival in Pokemon Gold (with the red hair) "LUUUUUUUUUUKE!".

I was usually the guy until Diamond & Pearl, where I picked the girl because I don't like the guy's appearance. And she's cute. For ten, at least.

I used the name Colette. In Platinum, I'll choose her again (the guy looks cooler, but keeps that dumb hat), and I might use Melody as the name.

In Red and Gold I picked the boys as it was the only option. In R/S/E I picked the boy and named him Kakashi as he looked like a younger version of him. In my Diamond I picked the girl and named her Hikari as I couldn't think of a good name for her. In Platinum I dunno who I will pick.

I'm always so creative. I always pick the guy and name him Matt (that's my name). But I already have decided to change it up a bit in platinum when I get it sunday afternoon and pick the girl and name her either Dawn or Hikari.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom