• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Desert Sands: Apocalypse Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble got bored from making such tedious war plans and started sharpening his knife. He actually used to have a machete but it proved too big and heavy to be useful in speed fights. But its intimidation value was truly amazing. Riders would eye his machete then ride in the opposite direction. But then Trouble got mugged by a whole gang and machete went bye-bye. Now he just carries a really sharp knife. Inconspicuous but deadly in the right hands. And it could also be concealed. There was no way anybody could hide a machete as big as his. Anyway while he watched his partners get drunk he wondered if the gang had any suspicions about him.
"Guys, what happens if the gang finds out I have been chatting with you." Trouble said a little worried.

"...You have a g-gun... right?"
"BAM!"
Jakku laughed unhelpfully.
"W-well, what (hic) didja tell em before ya left...?"
Jakku drank again from the bottle.

Very irritated from his drunken friends behavior Trouble leaped from his seat in a flash of lightning and held his knife to his throat. "No, I don't carry guns thank you very much. Now if you have no helpful answers for your own sake keep your trap shut." Trouble said as he glared into the drunken mans eyes with a knife at his throat. Very carefully he left a cut there to leave some memories of this encounter then he completely removed his knife. "Anyways the gang will be expecting me soon, is there anything else?" he said looking at Lana. He then released his rapidash and hopped on watching the intense flames wisp harmlessly on his face. He always wondered how they did that.

"...(Hic)"
Jakku coughed. He was a little stunned, but decided that antagonising a Rider wasn't the best idea, so instead drank some more rum. Which helped a lot, surprisingly.

Lana Alnar

Divide... And conquer... Didn't sound like too bad of an idea. I could tell that Trouble was getting irritated, and, I'm sorry, but Jakku was just too plain drunk.

"The gang? Really.." I was trying to put words together, trying to get them to make sense. To form some sort of viable idea. But, screw it, I had none.

The moon was starting to disappear, the sun stepping into the spotlight. The Festival of the Moon was very nearly over. No time left to talk. "Tell you what guys," I began.

"The Festival's about over. We should still do this, somehow. When the moon becomes new, we should meet up back here. Same exact spot, same time, when the moon is highest in the sky. Come prepared, with a weapon of choice. If you don't carry one already," I added, thinking about the knife I carried.

"You want to put that thing down" Claire told Trouble finally looking away from the fire and at him "He is a drunk but that does not mean you can go pointing your knife at whoever the hell you like. If we are meant to fight the riders together then let's do so without having to attack each other. That's what they want, if they knew about us. And you better not let them know that or they will take advantage" Claire said with a stern voice, she wasn't scared of him with a knife, Cacturne would attack faster before you could say Cacnea, the scarecrow Pokemon was very protective of his trainer.

"I will be back don't worry, I will just need a weapon" Claire told Lana as she slowly stood up, Cacturne got ready to go as well while keeping an eye on everyone there, especially Trouble incase he decides to attack Claire for speaking to him like that.

"Thank you Lana, and I'll try to meet up every new moon if I can." Trouble said tying the gangs bandanna over his mouth so he doesn't die of a sandstorm or his own gang shooting at him. Then looking at the other girl he said with a cool tone but you could sense the threat in his voice "I guess but he better learn not to get drunk around me then because I risked my life just to come listen to him insult my intelligence? Oh hell no. Anyways if I told the gang they would kill me first for consulting a bunch of people ready to take them down." Trouble said. Then looking at Lana with a wicked smile he said almost evilly "Don't worry, I always go everywhere with a deadly weapon." He then hopped on Rapidash and seemingly dissipated into the expanse of the desert. He rode faster than usaul knowing he had to make up time since he was supposed to leave 10 minutes ago.

"...What's eating him?"
His Dragonite had used Recover, which allowed Jakku to think marginally straight.
"If we have a moon, then I'm going to head to the Dragon Oasis. I could do with a new battling Pokemon. Oh, and as for the deadly weapon..."
Two katana appeared in Jakku's hands almost instantly.
"It's a good job I was hammered..."

Lana Alnar

I watched as Trouble rode off into the desert, quite fast if I say so for myself. You know, if he was taken as a prize, why didn't he just leave? He could if he wanted to. According to what he was saying, assuming he wasn't being a total idiot, he wasn't "initiated".

With that train of thought, I instantly regretted talking to him about my ideals.

"Hey, you guys," I started, my voice somewhat troubled, "Should we have told him about our little escapade ideas?"

Ninetails rubbed up against me, and I bent down to stroke his cream colored head, Ninetails's fire-red tipped tails flicking against my hips. This motion was actually rather comforting. Although, whether it was the motion or POkemon's powers, I did not know.

The sun was peaking up from the mountains in the distance, the horizon, and a few brilliant rays of light burst out from behind the morning gray clouds. The cool winds were subsiding, the weather becoming warm. The jet of night was becoming cerulean morning. And it was beautfiful. No matter how much I saw this moment while tending the ranch, I never grew tired of it. The scene was just too beautiful.

I released Flygon from his Pokeball, with a sparkling shimmer of emerald, and flitters of ruby. Flygon was then materialized. I swung one leg over his back, avoiding the beating wings. Flygon tried to center himself despite the new weight added to his back. I flipped my long black layered hair behind my shoulders, and announced, "I'd better get home. But I WILL be here come the new moon. In this spot. This exact spot."

I looked back and forth between Jakku and Claire. I waved my hand good bye with all but two fingers folded down into my tanned fist. Then, with that, I bolted across the desert on Flygon's back, his incredible speed still amazing me. The sand whipped around beneath my legs, and the wind met my face with no hesitation.

I sure hope they show up...

By the way...
This new moon will be here in three days, PDT. Until that time, describe your life at wherever you live, and just prepare yourselves.

OOC: he doesn't live anywhere. Therefore, he's gonna go try find a bagon or something.

"Claire, until we meet again." Jakku bowed.
"Hi ho Dragonite! AWAY!"
Clearly, the alchohol had not worn off entirely.

2 Days later........
Trouble was grinning ear to ear admiring his new tattoo. From now on he would be in with the gang. Trotting over to the initiation chamber Trouble could barely contain his excitement. "So the day has came ain't it little Trouble." A older gang member said. "Don't worry about the iniation man, every dude does it. Even I got it. Now go, Scram." Trouble just nodded and got into the chamber which contained four gangmembers with hoods over their faces. "Lets begin." One of them said. The beating was not what he expected. Trouble was being hit with hammers, fists, and nail boards.
The beating seemed to go on for an eternity. Trouble did not expect this type of ferocity. Feeling death draw near the beating suddenly stopped. "Alright, the little fucker is dead." One of the masked members said. "He is?I was just warming up. Whatever lets dispose of this garbage." the second laughed grabbing him from the waist. Dragging Trouble outside the gate Trouble wanted to scream insults with "I was betrayed by my own" filling his every thought" but he was choking on his own blood. Thrown outside the gangs hideout into the open desert Trouble was tossed onto the sand near death and bleeding. This is where his real test begins.

He grabbed a nearby twig and twig after twig he pulled himself to a nearby boulder to lay on. He slowly checked his possessions.
Pokemon:Check
Knife:Check
Key To Gang Hideout and House key:Not there
"DAMMIT!" Trouble said loudly not caring if he attracts Houndooms.
Taking assessment to his damages, looks like the wounds were not to deep but the bleeding was potentially lethal, he dragged himself to a nearby cave until a plan could come to him. He had almost no mobility, he doubted he could hop onto Rapidash even if he tried. Wait a second, he still had Rapidash. Grabbing nearby tumbleweeds that blew past him he gathered them up and commanded Rapidash to light them on fire then snuff them out repeatedly so he made a S.O.S signal. Dammit guys I need some help. Trouble said gritting his teeth.

Jakku sat in a cave, near to Dragon Oasis, which he had temporarily called home. However, on his return, the Dragon types had fled, as a rider camp had sprung up a few miles away a couple of months earlier. He had hid, knowing he couldn't take down such a large camp alone...
He glanced towards the enemy camp, noticing an SOS signal from across the desert, just short of the walls.
"Ugh... I'm such a sap..."
He mounted Dragonite, pulling his bandana over his face to protect from the worst of the sand.
"C'mon. Speed up. If it's a trap, we need to make a swift exit.
He stopped at the mouth of the cave, drawing a katana.
"...Hello..?"

"Oh.............................its you." Trouble said coughing up blood. "Lets cut the chit chat short so basically...............my cover got blown." Trouble said. "Now before I bleed to death I would appreciate it greatly if you helped me." He then noticed the sharp katana he was holding Price said "Wait, where the hell did you get that?"

"Sorry kiddo, family heirloom. Now shut up and stay still. We need to get you ready to get outta here."
Jakku began bandaging as many of Trouble's wounds as his supplies could allow.
"Okay, Dragonite, recover."
Dragonite began glowing, and Trouble's wounds became thinner.
"Well enough to ride?"

Trouble got up slowly popping his shoulder with a sickly pop. "Not really but I suppose that really a question was it?" Releasing Rapidash Trouble said "Where we going?".

Lana Alnar

There I was. Home. The place looked different to me for some reason, more menacing. Shadows stuck out further, portruded more. People seemed more shady.

And, you know what? I just seemed more paranoid.

Yeah, because Moonset is such a seedy town. That Mr. Kanawa is such a rebel, the way he refuses to conform to town rules and take down his giant business sign.

Mom was doing worse. I swear, that sickness... Just blech! I tended to the ranch, took care of weeds in the cacti field, chopping them open for water with my knife at my side.

My thoughts kept going to how I would destroy the Riders. How I would tear them apart! It was an obssession. I would stare at the clock, hearing the tick, tick, tick, waiting for the moment to be out the door.

How was I going to survive the next week?

"Like all good plans, this one is simple. I don't know yet. Now come on"
Jakku mounted Dragonite, and hovered above the ground.
"You coming?"

After leaving on her Charizard Claire arrived to a small cottage not far where the Festival of Moon was held, there was another town not far that she was keeping an eye on. Her cottage had nothing for miles though and just gave Claire and her Pokemon to think. She released them after reaching home and looked around

"I wish things could be better" Claire whispered, perhaps this would be the beginning of a good thing, or Claire hoped anyways.

Cole arrived back at his hometown, or what was left of it. Most of the town had perished in the flames, but one or two houses on the outskirts had managed to remain structurally sound. Even better, one of them had a small pond and farm in the backyard. He moved into it, tending the plants after so long away. The water was safe to drink, so he gulped down a few mouthfuls before heading into the home.

Man, was Cole glad for the shade. After days of riding through the desert, he was sore all over and sunburned in spots he didn't know COULD get sunburned.

Cole immediately flopped down on a lumpy and charred couch, and fell asleep. However, a few minutes later he woke up, too pumped with long-lasting adrenaline. He wanted nothing more than to crush a Rider village, but that wouldn't happen too soon.

The main reason Cole had come back home was because he knew that most villagers had kept a loaded pistol in their attic, regardless of how competent they were with them. Cole searched upstairs and found it, although there wasn't much ammunition to keep with him. After retrieving the gun, Cole packed it in his backpack and locked the charred front door.

Finally tired enough to sleep, Cole stumbled back to the couch and fell asleep once again.

Laughing Trouble hauled his limp body up on Rapidash and said with a smirk "Real question is: Can you keep up?" He said as he and Rapidash sprinted into the desert. Leaving a trail of flames as Rapidash's footsteps charred everything in its path Trouble chuckled hoping he didn't leave the dude behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom