• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
That trailer was pretty neat. I was not expecting the trailers for this movie to be so action packed, but they are trying to hype it up. For some reason, the bit with Ludicolo made me laugh. Mewtwo looks pretty good and it had a pretty intense/dramatic entrance. I was not expecting Aipom to look so terrifying. That was just an odd choice. They also really like using Mr. Mime for mime gags. I guess that makes sense, but I was not expecting that to happen so often. It is nice to see some other Pokemon from other generations being featured in the movie.

I didn't expect they could make Aipom weirder.

On the other hand, that Mewtwo is a big improvement over the one the animator did previously:

The trailer was great. I'm still not fond of the Mr. Mime jokes, but I'm very excited for an adventure that jumps from action sequence to action sequence with actual Pokemon moves involved, and with funny Pika-monologues in between.

It was a matter of time before they used Mewtwo in marketing, and he looks very intriguing. Because of the nature of the movie I see him more like a silent ally than a villain.

Also, Golurk and Snorlax :love:

I think it's actually done pretty well.

After looking at the pic I posted its not as bad. I think it was more the cry that caught me off guard. I don't remember how it sounded in the anime, but I think it was different. I figured that would be the case with some of them though.

And another note on that Flareon. I was reading an article earlier that suggested that could also be a Pokemon (like say Mew) using transform going by how it's eyes are glowing blue.

According to Pokebeach, a summary of a Japanese manga adaptation mentioned both Mewtwo and Mew.

The fact that they're planning movies based on Generation 1. I wonder if they're gonna connect Detective Pikachu to it cause I definitely don't think it's gonna be the same storyline as it was in the game involving Mewtwo...

Now I'm wondering... What if Team Rocket is in the movie?

Well, the fact that Mewtwo and Mew are in the movie is not that weird considering Mewtwo was already in the Detective Pikachu game and Mew was mentioned. But now that I think about it, I wonder if there's a chance they make Keith part of Team Rocket.

I'm gonna give any questionable CG the benefit of the doubt considering how much of it is redone at the last possible second. Also because I'm totally seeing this on DAY 1!!

Well, the fact that Mewtwo and Mew are in the movie is not that weird considering Mewtwo was already in the Detective Pikachu game and Mew was mentioned. But now that I think about it, I wonder if there's a chance they make Keith part of Team Rocket.
Nah. I don't think they'll involve Team Rocket in this. It wasn't in the game either. Means also that there's no need for knowledge from the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom