• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

I do use the other balls, mainly Great balls and Ultra balls(sometimes Dusk balls). I caught Reshiram using a Great Ball, of course not without throwing a bunch of Pokeballs and Great balls at it already.

I'll use them if I have them and happen to be in a situation where they'd be effective, but I seldom purchase them or bother to make them out of apricorns.

I usually just stick to ultra balls.

I mostly user Timer, Heal, and Net balls in addition to Ultra balls. On my White version I have a bunch of Nest balls I need to use for swarm pokemon.

I mostly use Ultras and Dusks, though I start using Timer Balls as well in lengthy battles. With Pokemon I intend for use in my team though, I tend to be more picky in which poke'balls are used, simply for the design.

It's either Ultra (in Gen I-III and occasionally in IV and V) or Dusk Balls. Dusk Balls are just so much better than everything else.

I love quick balls!
Wild *insert Pokemon* appeared!
Go *insert Pokemon*!
BW2!! used a Quick Ball!
Gotcha! *insert Pokemon* was caught!

I have a Quick Ball obsession, I am trying to complete the National Pokedex. Sometimes when I feel like buying a few Quick Balls, who needs False Swipe? Bam! Caught. Bam! Caught. Most of the time, I use Poke Balls. I have a hundred something. Dusk Balls are useful, because I search for roamers early in the night.

I love Quick Balls (caught most legendaries in them) and I had a massive Dusk Ball obsession in Gen IV.

Do you ever use regular balls? I stop using them as soon as I can get special ones, and have them only as a last resort.

Quick balls are awesome for roaming Pokémon; Net and Dusk Balls don't need more explaination. And when I meet a Legendary during day: Quick Ball. If succeed, profit. If fails, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Flash, Thunder Wave/Hypnosis, lower HP, profit. (I know only six Flashes are useful, but it's for Timer Ball. I don't want to wait for night to use Dusk Balls)

I actually avoid using the special balls and only use them when I run out of regular pokeballs. My favorites are the Dive balls and Quick balls for some reason.

P.S. I think luxury balls look weird, they seem too "fancy" for my taste, I'd rather have the friend balls but then they're only available in HGSS...oh well

I use Dusk and Quick balls often. Since most legendaries and a lot of strong pokémon can be found in caves, it goes without saying that Dusk balls are actually quite useful. Quick balls are godsend to lazy trainers such as myself. Throw it, hope to high heavens, then profit.

As for the other "special" balls (Heal Ball, Net Ball, e.g.), I use them a lot, too...whenever I really need to catch something and have run out of Ultra Balls. :sweatlol: And this happens a lot, actually. Thank Arceus for free pokéballs.

I never use Dusk Balls and Quick Balls, due to them being kinda "overpowered," but I do use some of the other ones.

Accually, I just caught a Cobalion for my team with a Luxury Ball, because it matches Cobalion's colors and Steel typing.

If I'm catching a Pokemon I want to use on my team, I'll try to use a Pokeball, and I then to use dusk balls when trying to catch other Pokemon.

I always use dusk, net, quick, and timer balls. I basically never use just a simple pokeball.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom