• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you Know?

Wooper has the ability to cover itself in a poisonous film that will cause immense pain if touched. It can use this at will to protect itself from enemies.

Also, it can learn Ice Punch, though you probably already knew that.

Did you know the theme for bug catching contest is a remix of the bicycle theme in the R/B/Y games?

Nidoqueen's Gen II & Gen III game sprites show her w/ teeth but her Gen I, Gen IV, & Gen V game sprites don't, even when her mouth is open.

Miss Alex said:
I'm well aware of what an acronym is. If you're going to nitpick, it's technically a semordnilap.

*puts on grammar/spelling/correct-English-language-usage-Nazi hat*

An ACRONYM is a word whose letters stand for the words in a phrase, like "NASA" (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) or "scuba" (self-contained underwater breathing apparatus). A PALINDROME (or as you put it "semordnilap", which by the way is NOT a palindrome) is a word that's spelled the same backwards and forwards (e.g. Girafarig, Ho-Ho, Eevee, Alomomola). Ekans and Arbok are neither acronyms nor palindromes. As far as I know, there isn't a word for words that are other words spelled backwards (correct me if I'm wrong), but they can technically be considered a subset of ANAGRAMS (words that contain the same letters as other words, but in a different order).

*takes off hat*

I'm sure most of these have probably been mentioned, but whatever...

• In Red and Blue, Focus Energy actually LOWERED your critical hit ratio due to a glitch.
  • Nidoran♀ can breed, but Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't.
  • Nidoran♀ can produce Nidoran♂ eggs if bred with a Nidoran♂, and Illumise can produce Volbeat eggs if bred with a Volbeat. However, breeding the female species with anything else will only produce females, and breeding the male species with a Ditto will only produce males.
  • Softboiled was a TM in Generation I, despite the fact that only one Pokémon could learn it (not counting Mew).

I appreciate that you guys are still staying on topic, but let's drop the grammar/spelling/etc. discussion, okay? Thanks. :)

In the Kanto-based games, the Indigo Plateau is, according to the Town Map, roughly the same longitude (as in, North-South) as Pewter City. In the Johto-based games, the Indigo Plateau is located more to the South, at roughly the same longitude as Viridian Forest instead. Presumably, this is because Route 23 was drastically shortened in G/S/C/HG/SS, and technically doesn't even exist anymore.

The event Arceus from the Hall of Origin has never been legitimately available, but allegedly it can give you another chance to activate the Sinjoh Ruins event, with you simply not being able to pick the same dragon twice.

In Platinum, the Shaymin availbale in Seabreak Paradise by the Oak's Letter event is considered to be a fateful encounter (even though, technically, it's not) because for whatever reason, the Gracidea will only work with a fateful encounter Shaymin.

that despite people saying that there isn't a dolphin Pokémon, there indeed is one, Kyogre, as Orcas are not whales, but dolphins, and Lanturn isn't solely based on a Anglerfish, by its tail and overall body shape, we can see it was mixed with a dolphin too.

There's a hidden message in FR/LG that only appears to emulator-users when using the Seagallop Ferries that says, "By the way: if you like this game, buy it or die."

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom