• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you like Nando?

I liked his character, but like others have mentioned, it would have been pleasant to see him more than we did.

And Dawn never got to beat him. That seems kinda odd to me. I wish she would have battled Nando in the Top 4 rather than Jesselina.

I liked him much more than Zoey (at least until she stopped with her "GARR hate gyms" routine) But he was criminally underused. Would have been nice to see him a lot more; maybe have him battle Dawn in a contest instead of Kenny twice. And his battle with Zoey in the Grand Festival was really well done and exciting.

He was OK, his battle with Zoey was fantastic, but they could have done more with him.

I liked him, and I found him to be my favorite out of all of Dawn's rivals.

To be honest, I was shocked when he suddenly came back for the Grand Festival/Sinnoh League, since his character had barely been touched for 100+ episodes (unless you count the cameo in DP106). I was sure the writers had forgotten about him. ^^;

it's a spoony bard that sounds like Zoro XD... he's alright. Not the best character, but when you consider Hikari's pathetic helping of rivals, he at least manages to stand out. I'd call Naoshi a middle ground between the awesome Urara and the-writers-finally-threw-her-a-fucking-bone Musashi, and the dull as hell Kengo and Nozomi.

To be honest, I was shocked when he suddenly came back for the Grand Festival/Sinnoh League, since his character had barely been touched for 100+ episodes (unless you count the cameo in DP106). I was sure the writers had forgotten about him. ^^;

^this. Though, that shock came to me when Saikou Everyday debuted, showing the rival line-ups and proving once and for all the guy isn't dead (though in the final shot of the opening, I almost feel like his comeback was greatly overshadowed by both the revelation that Satoshi would likely be using his old Pokemon, and that mother-fucking KOUHEI would be returning as one of Satoshi's league rivals XD... seriously, while Naoshi has a good spot amongst Hikari's rivals, he just pales beyond belief compared to Satoshi's).

Nando had too few appearances for me to actually evaluate him. But I liked him.

I liked him, but he didn't get enough appearances. His music based style made him stand out and his match against Zoey was amazing! The episode with their match is one of my favorite DP eps!

I liked him, and I wished the anime did more with him. I thought he had some great promise with being someone that can actually manage being both a coordinator and a battler, but his lack of appearances did bother me.

I sort of liked his personality. But the way he couldn't decide between being a trainer and coordinator bothered me. Then when he decided WHY NOT DO BOTH?!!?!? that really made me dislike him. DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH!!!!! As a result, i think he was a crappy character

To be perfectly honest, yes. I found him an interesting departure from the usual minor rival, and was confused when he dropped off the face of the earth for an extended period of time. Also, I liked his character design.

When you think about it, that's really the best part.

The fact that he uses Krictetune is icying on the delicious Santōryū cake!

'course, while I do think some of the characters he does (and he's got a pretty impressive resume) are pretty badass.... especially Karasu from Noein (WATCH THIS ANIME!).... I really love the tone of this guy's voice itself. But Zoro's probably his most familiar role, so I went with it as my example (didn't think twice of a connection to his slasher cricket XD).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom