• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do any bulbagardeners keep your pokemon gaming secret from friends?

I don't go around like "Look at me, I play Pokemon!", but if it comes up I normally say something.

My friends at the school don't know it. Some of my friends that I met outside of school (such as friends from high school, etc) know it. They don't comment much about it. One close friend likes the game and we talk about the games often.

Nobody knows, except my brother.
I probably should have told my friends a long time ago, but now it's kinda too late. I see no reason to let them know now as they have zero interest.
For know I'm fine with it being a secret, and I have this beloved forum if I want to talk to people who share my interest.

I let everyone know that I play Pokemon. Thing is, it is a lot more complex and worthwhile than what my "friends" play (COD). Generally, no-one "likes" me, and no-one "dislikes" me, so I use those 66 99 thingies around friends.

Last edited:
I hide it from people I just met, and just go with the flow from there.

For all the people that hide it, I ask you a simple question. Why?

I remember I used to hide it because I was pretty well liked in the school and I didn't want that to change.

Nothing changed when I finally spilled the beans.

I'm just curious to see your reasons

Nope, not at all. I don't yap about it to near-strangers or talk about it non-stop to my friends who do like it, but I don't get embarassed if anyone knows.

The anime. I like to watch cartoons, the rest of my family knows that. A couple of seniors from the bus know that I know about it and that I watched some episodes.
I don't talk about it nonstop since I'm a closet fanfiction writer nobody knows about any of my fics except for my six friends on facebook.

So its a vague secret some people know and tons don't. I'm not going to spill the beans just to a person I just meet either.

We battled during lunchtime in my SENIOR year of high school. Even the best football (American, not soccer) in my school plays it in public, so we all are open about it

Some of my friends know about it and I'm pretty open about it but I don't go running around everywhere screaming "OH MY GOD I LOVE POKEYMANZ!!!!".

The only people that I hide it from are those that I know will annoy me about it.

I dont, some of my friends play it, some do not.
I'm not ashamed of telling my friends that I play Pokemon.

I'm pretty open about it, once or twice I wore my Pokewalker around my neck at school. I also make references to pokemon around my friends who then proceed to call me a dork. :-D

I don't need to hide it. Everyone already knows that I like pokemon for some odd reason...I never told anyone, either.

I've never hidden the fact that I play the games and my friends don't mind. Of course, my friends and I collect transforming robots and talk about comic book movies, so there really isn't a reason to hide it. Being a dork rocks. XD

I used to throughout elementary school and for sixth grade, but I found friends who played it and I became more comfortable with being open about it.

And right now, the whole hipster fad is going around, and vintage cartoons seem to be a big part of it, so there are a lot of kids who generally like generations 1,2, and 3.
but I basically annoy all of my friends with my Pokemon obsession. I don't feel that I should hide such a big part of my life from everyone

I don't care if people know, a few people do. I don't just talk about it, but if someone asks me, I will tell them.

I totally hide my pokemon games from my friends. Once my friend came to my house (without arranging a visit) and popped into my room- just while I was playing my Pokemon Ruby. He said "YUCK! Pokemon! Where is Peekachu or whatever you call it.". From this day I hide pokemon. FULL STOP.

Yep.
Ya see, 95% of my school is obsessed with Football/Soccer and CoD, and will mercilessly torture anyone who's not a fan of either.
That seems just like my school (exept the girls.) I'm the only boy that dosen't play those games. They call me a girl.

That is why my pokemon games are hid.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom