• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do we REALLY care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell Master

Demon Tamer
Reaction score
Okay, first I would like to clear this out: I'm totally unsure on which forum I must put this, so any kind mod could move it or something like that if its in the wrong one.

Now coming to the point....

We hear and read so much about Global Warming, Climate change, pollution etc. these days. But what matters is, do we really try to stop it? Do we really turn off the lights, fans etc before leaving a room? Do we turn off the car engine promptly after stopping at a crossing or a traffic signal? Do we keep within traffic rules? Do we plant trees every week? How many people do you know actually care for mother Earth? Do YOU care for it?

I always turn off the electrics, buy energy efficient bulbs, recycle as much as I can and brush my teeth in the shower.

Little stuff that goes a long way.

The short answer: No

The long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

The bottom line is, we don't care about global warming when we should care about it.

People are too stupid to do anything about it because they only respond to things that are actually happening. Has anyone ever heard of a procaution? Whether GW does exist or not, wouldn't it be more valuable in the long run if we took action now in case it does?

Well, I switch off the electronics when I leave the room but otherwise... no.

Care?

*snort*

We stopped chaining ourselves to tree's ages ago. More people 'care' about the global recession than anything.

I just recycle....What? When I was little I attempted to plant a few apple trees!

I do all the little things to help. The problem is that it is going to truly affect the future, we are currently only seeing 'small' changes - which makes people believe that there is tonnes of time to fix the problem before it gets out of hand.

I do always cut off lights when I leave a room. I never use electricity if it's not absolutely essential. But...that's more because of the electric bill.

Let's be honest. I don't recycle, because it's more convenient not to. I have never planted a tree, and no the hell I do not obey the traffic laws. >_>

...but I should.

Environmental action seems to me like fads. Some times, people decide to actually care for the environment, but then it dwindles back and people stop really caring so much. Then, after a while, it returns, maybe a different problem.

That's how I see it. The general public can only care about a few things at once, they can't do all at one time.

That's what I think, though.

People are too stupid to do anything about it because they only respond to things that are actually happening. Has anyone ever heard of a procaution? Whether GW does exist or not, wouldn't it be more valuable in the long run if we took action now in case it does?

I agree. Not only that, but going green could have many benefits even when not factoring in global warming at all, so pushing measures to go green could benefit us no matter what we think about that. Like using less electricity, wasting less food and generally driving less.

As for me, I tend to always bike or walk when I'm going somewhere that's within the city (or near me in general), switching of the lights when not in use, turning things of stand-by (because it's completely unnecessary to have the TV on stand-by when you're not even using it), recycling etc. etc. I could certainly improve, as could most of us probably, but it's better to start small than setting to high goals for yourself.

People are too stupid to do anything about it because they only respond to things that are actually happening.

Your statement makes no sense. Why should we care about it if it's NOT actually happening, at least that's what I interpret your post is saying. Maybe you should rephrase it because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Your statement makes no sense. Why should we care about it if it's NOT actually happening, at least that's what I interpret your post is saying. Maybe you should rephrase it because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. People actually want to see something happening before they actually want to change at all. Why should they do it when no-one else does it? We should definitely care about the environment, and think what could happen, and act to prevent any mishaps. At the current time, we've already got plenty of warnings, and whether or not global warming is true or not, we should at least not ignore them if they come from people that knows more about this than we do, whether we like it or not. That doesn't mean we should destroy our economy, but going green wouldn't do that, at least for normal people. When the industrialized countries says that they want to cut CO2-emissions by x%, I do think that this is a target that's not going to be met. We did manage to cut emissions of CFC-gases, and help stopping acid rain by cutting emissions of sulfur, but still, reducing CO2-emissions is harder than that, I presume.

We shouldn't just presume that doing nothing and continue onwards as we do now is anywhere near sustainable, even if you believe in global warming or not.

He means happening in the present, not what Al Gore says will happen in the future.

And it's true. Society is a bunch of idiots.

It makes perfect sense. People actually want to see something happening before they actually want to change at all. Why should they do it when no-one else does it? We should definitely care about the environment, and think what could happen, and act to prevent any mishaps. At the current time, we've already got plenty of warnings, and whether or not global warming is true or not, we should at least not ignore them if they come from people that knows more about this than we do, whether we like it or not. That doesn't mean we should destroy our economy, but going green wouldn't do that, at least for normal people. When the industrialized countries says that they want to cut CO2-emissions by x%, I do think that this is a target that's not going to be met. We did manage to cut emissions of CFC-gases, and help stopping acid rain by cutting emissions of sulfur, but still, reducing CO2-emissions is harder than that, I presume.

We shouldn't just presume that doing nothing and continue onwards as we do now is anywhere near sustainable, even if you believe in global warming or not.

I was questioning his statement because I didn't understand it...I never said I did or didn't care about global warming and the environment...:sweat:

I don't care, but I usually reduce global warming by making my electrical bill lower.

I was questioning his statement because I didn't understand it...I never said I did or didn't care about global warming and the environment...:sweat:

Ahh, I see. My bad then. It was just that I didn't completely understand you, obviously.

Hey, wait a minute... I did plant an apple tree in the backyard around 4-5 years ago...

I don't really care how humanity destroys itself. I'm just along for the ride, and don't care if I reach the end of it or not. I do know I'm getting out of the roller coaster though...whether it's during the ride or not.

Care for our environment or not. No one would ever think about that, you'll just see humans causing things that will affect our environment which leads to nothing but making it worse. Heck, I didn't even see such person plant a tree EVERY week ( well, that's in my point of view..)

Honestly, I do care. America and India has a HUGE population, which is why there's a Global Warming, like building factories and such...

I really have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom