• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you believe in aliens?

Do you believe in aliens?

• Yes

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Yes, but they've never visited Earth

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Yes, but there's no other sentient life

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Unsure/I don't know

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
To be honest, the universe is infinite/constantly expanding. Other life may not even exist in out solar system, maybe not even out galaxy. Just remember, the hubble telescope once measured a size of space relative to its scope about 1 inch x 1 inch in length, and in that tiny square Hubble found around 300 other galaxies THAT IT COULD SEE. And of those galaxies was a galaxy called RICK0909 which is almost 20x the size of the milky way. So theres got to be something there.

If you want to get technical, Aliens are organisms we have yet to discover. Of course there are aliens, the universe is too big for just one planet to have life forms.
There have to be the elements all throughout space, they have to be randomly combining, and once they make the perfect combination of elements, life is created.

I'm pretty sure there's other life forms on another galaxy, whether it is smarter than us or not, we cannot know, but I'm also sure we'll never meet them.

I truly believe that there are aliens out there. We just aren't advanced enough as a race to truly communicate with them.

I support the Multiverse theory. So yes. Yes I do. There's got to be other forms of intellgent life out there.

I believe there are aliens for the simple fact that we exist. But I don't beleive they're the whole green, big black eyes, small, violent, highly technically advanced race they're made out to be.

I believe there are aliens for the simple fact that we exist. But I don't beleive they're the whole green, big black eyes, small, violent, highly technically advanced race they're made out to be.

I don't see why they couldn't be just as technically advanced as we are, if their planet is the same age or older than ours, and evolution has had enough time to take its course. However, I imagine their technology would like nothing we've ever imagined, just like they would probably look nothing like we've imagined (I agree that the two-eyed, around-human-size, "little green men" thing is too anthropomorphic for something that evolved under completely different conditions and may not even be carbon-based).

Also I think the reason aliens in sci-fi are usually portrayed as more technologically-advanced than us is because in order to be capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel, they would kind of have to be.

Of course I believe in aliens. Heck, some live next door to me!

I believe they exist, I just don't believe they go around probing people and things like that.

Yes, I do. I believe it's ridiculous how some deny the fact that the universe might be vast and maybe infinite, that they would think we would be the only life here. The odds may be completely low, but it's the same for any other thing: lottery, getting hit with lighting, or such. Although that was a big exaggerating, in my book, aliens include bacteria and any form of life...not those humanoid aliens some believe. Everybody thinks life needs water, air, sun...but it's been proven wrong without one or the other. Anything is possible really.

The odds may be completely low, but it's the same for any other thing: lottery, getting hit with lighting, or such.

I don't think the odds are low at all; I think it's more than likely that there is at least some other life out there in the universe. I think it's just unlikely we're ever going to meet them.

When we're talking about the lottery, the odds are basically so low that if people were rational about it, no one would enter the lottery. With getting with lightning, it's low but not so low that you shouldn't take precautions.

I believe other sentient life forms in this universe exist. There are more planets than Earth that support life, therefore it's quite possible that other species of people exist.

I would agree with the very first post. The amount of space there is must hold more life than we can imagine. It's just we might not have the technology to discover that for a very long time.

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens...

In all seriousness, I do believe aliens exist. The chance that we are the only intelligent life in the WHOLE universe is pretty small. Their civilization level could range from cave-people to what we imagine as ultra-futuristic, and everything in between. It often seems like everyone has this conception that all aliens are extremely intelligent, with speeding spaceships and other new technology. This is probably false, but possible.

Yes, i don't think they've visited us, but looking as the universe as a whole, it's almost a mathematical certainty there are other planets that can support life. Some of those may be intelligent, or just simple bacteria. Heck, don't write off not having life in our own solar system! It's likely that there's liquid water beneath the surface of Europa and also Mars. It's going to be an interesting century i bet.

As for all of you who agree they exist, scientific genius Stephen Hawkings stated it's practically impossible for them not to exist. And he also said that it was a very bad idea to be going to the moon and other planets leaving our mark that we were there, as not all extraterrestrial life will be pleasant, apparently—Remember the Obama Administration putting a screeching halt to the space program? Yeah, and I don't think any other presidents will be bringing it back anytime soon.

As far as them visiting our planet, I firmly and seriously believe that we were shaped and crafted in their image as a "child race" to theirs. There are many different spots across the earth with really odd magnetic fields—those same places are core sight places for UFOs people say. You know that out of all 93-some Egyptian pyramids, only Khufu's Great Pyramid had no heiroglyphic writing anywhere on it or inside it. Scientists found a special hydrogen film of sorts in the Queen's Chamber and after some calculations that the pyramids could, hypothetically, serve as a microwave power plant to beam electricity to space. Excavators also found in one tomb these extremely old crushed up bones in a sarcophagus. When analyzed, the bones identified to be from many different species from across the planet, which may have a link to most of the Egyptian gods being humans with heads of animals. Theorists hypothesize that whatever the so-called priest crushed up was not wanted to be alive ever again. During WW2, a group of soldiers spotted a UFO-like aircraft land somewhere in Europe where fighting was taking place; they, as soldiers, expected it to be the US Air Force, but it wasn't. These pale-white skinned humanoid creatures came out and gave him a message in binary, something that wasn't invented for decades to come. As an extraterrestrial encounter is not something anyone forgets, he took it to an all-around tech-monkey and asked him to decode it, and low and behold the message came out in some character set or another from the 6 pages of binary code, "You are being monitored. Signed, ____", apparently signing with a civilization name of an island off the coast of northwestern Europe that supposedly sunk with the post-Ice Age rising tide centuries ago. There is hypothetical evidence everywhere amounting to the existence of otherworldly beings on this planet – all you have to do is look for it. That's me and my stance on alien life.

TL;DR - I firmly believe that aliens exist and have had very close relations with the human race and still do ;).

As for all of you who agree they exist, scientific genius Stephen Hawkings stated it's practically impossible for them not to exist. And he also said that it was a very bad idea to be going to the moon and other planets leaving our mark that we were there, as not all extraterrestrial life will be pleasant, apparently—Remember the Obama Administration putting a screeching halt to the space program? Yeah, and I don't think any other presidents will be bringing it back anytime soon.
I heard (not sure if this is true or not though) that is was Stephen Hawkings who said that in a relatively short amount of time then Earth will no longer support life and we'd have no hope unless we go out and colonize other planets. Which sort of goes against the whole "don't make any evidence of your existance on other planets" thing.
Anyway, I seriously doubt that funding was removed from the space program because of anything he said. It makes more sense to believe that it was just because the government wants to redirect funds to things that actually have a use... the space program doesn't do us any good except for predicting if any big meteors / debris are going to collide with Earth.

As far as them visiting our planet, I firmly and seriously believe that we were shaped and crafted in their image as a "child race" to theirs. There are many different spots across the earth with really odd magnetic fields—those same places are core sight places for UFOs people say. You know that out of all 93-some Egyptian pyramids, only Khufu's Great Pyramid had no heiroglyphic writing anywhere on it or inside it. Scientists found a special hydrogen film of sorts in the Queen's Chamber and after some calculations that the pyramids could, hypothetically, serve as a microwave power plant to beam electricity to space. Excavators also found in one tomb these extremely old crushed up bones in a sarcophagus. When analyzed, the bones identified to be from many different species from across the planet, which may have a link to most of the Egyptian gods being humans with heads of animals. Theorists hypothesize that whatever the so-called priest crushed up was not wanted to be alive ever again.
That, I believe, is all coincedence.

During WW2, a group of soldiers spotted a UFO-like aircraft land somewhere in Europe where fighting was taking place; they, as soldiers, expected it to be the US Air Force, but it wasn't. These pale-white skinned humanoid creatures came out and gave him a message in binary, something that wasn't invented for decades to come. As an extraterrestrial encounter is not something anyone forgets, he took it to an all-around tech-monkey and asked him to decode it, and low and behold the message came out in some character set or another from the 6 pages of binary code, "You are being monitored. Signed, ____", apparently signing with a civilization name of an island off the coast of northwestern Europe that supposedly sunk with the post-Ice Age rising tide centuries ago.
I don't believe that any of that happened. I believe that any and all alien sightings fall into one of three categories:
- misidentification of actual aircraft / other phenomena
- insanity or otherwise someone imaginging something and convincing himself that it actually happened
- completely made up, either as a hoax, a prank, to gain publicity, or by conspiracy theorists who want "evidence"
That particular example is flawed for a few reasons. First, suppose a UFO really did land and aliens came out. Binary?! Bianry is not a "language"... it's a way to represent a certain language using 0s and 1s. You can't use binary to express something if you don't have an actual language behind it... i.e. there is no universal series of 0s and 1s used to represent "dog" (saying "dog" in binary in English would be entirely different from saying "dog" in binary in Spanish). Which means that unless by some insane coincedence the alien language was exactly the same as or very similar to some Earth language, the message wouldn't even be translatable (as the alien word for "dog" might be "isjhsgeus" and no one would have any idea what that even means). Also "something that wasn't invented for decades to come"... that's not true, binary was around since before WW2. And he took it to a tech-monkey?! Really, if such a guy existed (assuming he wasn't a complete hippie or something) he'd be working for some country's government during the war. Decoding enemy messages was a huge deal during WW2. And suppose he did decode the message... 6 pages of text would come out to a lot more than just "You are being monitored. Signed, ____". And what, the story doesn't even give the name of the alleged sunken civilization? Sounds a bit made up.

Last edited:
Definitely. We surely can't be the only source of life in this entire galaxy.. It doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom