• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you get angry easily?

I'm typically calm, but a controversial topics can sometimes tick me off.

I dont really get angry, I just get quickly irritated since I'm very obsessive-compulsive.

It depends some times I really am and sometimes not

I used to get angry really easily to the point where I'd have a giant temper-tantrum. For example if something or someone at school made pissed off, I'd storm out the classroom, scream loudly, throw things, slam lockers, run around the school , hide in the school somewhere and make teachers go find me and convince me to calm down. I would do either one of those things, several of them at once or all of them sometimes. When a teacher would try to get me to calm I'd refuse to. But then I realized how childish I was acting when I did those things. Especially when I was 15 or 16 and still acting like that and having fits when things didn't go my way. I still get angry often, but when I do it's usually more controlled and I try to handle myself a bit more. I try to think my actions out more.Sometimes I do end up taking my anger too far and going out of control, but I make sure I apologize to anyone harmed or involved in anyway afterwords. Though I try to have a positive attitude and not let things or people make me angry. I'm generally a happy person.

The person I tend to get angry at the most is my older brother. Ever since I was at least in the 4th grade he's been bullying me one way or another. Either a silly name or making fun of something I do or now making fun of my supposed "weight problem" (which is non-existent if you ask me.) He always finds a way to piss me off. And sometime it gets to a point where it's too hard to ignore them and I just get angry and hurt him or yell insults back. I know it's not the best way to act out , but sometime I can't stand him. Lately, I've been trying to ignore him more and think of or do other things while he picks on me.

I'm...a strange case. With other people, they really have to try if they want me angry with them. Can I get irritated with someone rather easily? Sometimes, but actual rage isn't that common. As for other things in real life, well it varies. Sometimes I can get mad at something, sometimes not. It frustrates me a lot when I can't figure something out, though.

And yet, with games...I'm inconsistent. Sometimes bad things can happen and I'll be mostly calm, only mildly irritated...but other times, something simple and unimportant in the long run can happen, and I'll flip out. I also have a bad habit of not walking away when I start to get ticked, so that contributes as well...

No, it takes a lot for me to get angry. If someone hurts a friend of mine I will then get angry at that person.

I get extremely angry over a long period of time. Particularly when I'm frustrated about an issue I've been making known that I feel is being ignored.
I'm a little bit scared I could end up getting angry around my partner at some point during a long healthy relationship. I've been doing well not to in any so far, just unhealthy relationships.

Angry? Not really... though it depends on what constitutes as being angry. I'm quite patient and I can't remember yelling/exploding at someone.
I can get pretty annoyed with certain people, though... people who put on a beautiful display combining arrogance and incompetence tend to earn this.

Well, lets see... I'm constantly stressed out, especially at work. The slightest alteration of the usual routine will stress me out a lot... This probably being because for quite some time at the job the routine ran rather smoothly most of the time. Then you combine that stress with the short temper that I have clearly inherited from my mom, and... It's not pretty. xD

I don't need anger management or anything, though.

It depends what it's about. With certain things I'm really chill. Other times, I get way more angry than I should. Although I usually don't show it online, I'll often hint at it irl with visible snappiness. It's hard to explain what makes me angry and what doesn't, there is some sort of trend, unsurprisingly I tend to get angry about things I care about a lot, even if it's for a very stupid reason. Oftentimes I'm angry at myself for being angry, assuming that I'm angry about somefin stupid.

Yeah, it depends on the subject matter. If it's something important to me, then yes. Opinions I find offensive or overly dismissive will get me riled up.
If I can tell someone is joking I am less likely to become even mildly annoyed.

Not anymore. I had a hard battle with my emotions, but after some therapy, I am able to keep my anger in check.

I get annoyed fairly easily by reading/listening to people saying stupid things, which unfortunately happen too often.

Angry as in being overreactive and violent with a temper? No. Offline I am pretty easygoing and if I do happen to feel emotions rise, I just find an outlet that would help calm me down. I kind of have to keep my cool and emotions under control at the job that I work at. If I had a really bad day, playing video games and listening to music are the best way for me to unwind and forget about everything.

Online, I try not to let other opinions that clash with my own get to me. Most of the time I bring it upon myself for reading comments in a public forum that I know are going to be awful yet for some ungodly reason I keep reading them: YouTube, 4chan, Reddit and, to a lesser extent, Tumblr being the worst offenders. I may vent once in a while to anyone who will listen, but other than that and as difficult as it is, I just have to ignore them. I can't change people so I might as well change my habits that would prevent anger from taking control. I really gotta stop reading the comments sections of these places. People getting angry at me for opinions that I express that they don't agree with are also something I try not to get upset at. I won't lie, sometimes I really want to yell at the people who tell me my opinion is wrong because all I am doing is expressing an opinion. Still, I try not to get roped in and just ignore it. You know, that whole arguing on the internet thing.

Now feeling annoyed, that's another issue. That is the feeling I get a lot, and while it seems like I am going off-topic, I just want to clarify that annoyance does not equal anger. I don't get angry at things that annoy me, I just try my hardest to pretend that what annoys me doesn't exist, complain to whoever is willing to listen on this forum because sometimes that outlet is provided here, or just simply learn to live with it. The end. :)

Last edited:
If I was any more laid back, I'd be falling over.
There's only really one thing that annoys me, and it's when my friends make jokes about Psychology. Just because it's really not funny. Some of them do really simple subjects and yet think I'm the stupid one because I study a "fake science", and whenever I tell them I'm revising they'll say things like "Just say that every dream means they want to have sex with their mothers"... like... seriously.. do you even know what Psychology is?!

Other than that I don't really care too much. It kinda annoys me when my friends make fun of my boyfriend for being polite in public and call him "pussy-whipped", because he's not even like doing everything for me, he'll just do sweet things like offer me his coat when it's raining or pay for my food (we share money so it's not like he's buying everything for me), but I don't get angry about it... It just kinda bugs me and makes me feel awkward.

I tend to get frustrated more so than angry. Usually when i start to feel like a boiling pot of water I go make a cigarette and have a short walk. I also tend to pace around a lot and brood my thoughts. All in all I quite patient and laid back, and if I do start to get flustered I just remove myself from the situation and walk/pace it off while brooding.

The only time I snap is when people mess with my stuff or ruin my system of organization. At that point I'm likely to smash someones face into a wall. But that's quite rare, the only person that ever messes with my stuff occasionally is my little brother and I'm not about to pommel someone who's 12 years younger than me. My sister on the other hand got a right hook occasionally.. Shes about 3 years younger than me and used to irritate me to no ends as a kid. I have a bit of OCD by systematically placing things in specific places and positions and she would come by and muck it up. It really just depends, some days I'm really laid back and like f**k it and others I'm fuming like a over boiled pot. These days i'm pretty laid back, about the only thing that irritates me is my grandma as her memory isn't the best, and she wrongfully accuses people of doing the tiniest of things. I guess to sum up I'm very laid back so long as people aren't treading on my toes or invading my privacy/stuff.

In general, I don't get angry easily. I do get frustrated/irritated but once that passes, I'm fine. When I do get angry, I have a tendency to sit and stew over things quite a bit, which means it takes me a while to calm down and get over it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom