• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do You Get Angry When....

snorlaxzilla

Rye or the Kaiser?
Reaction score
You've just defeated the Elite Four/beat the game/ something you've accomplished and the game freezes up on you and you didn't even get to save? I get REALLY angry and shout and get alittle teary-eyed and turn it off and just get really angry. Do you?

Last edited:
This happens to me alot. Except it isn't the Elite 4, its usually in the middle of the game after beating like 2 gym leaders and rasing all my Pokemon about 10 levels.

Game's never crashed on me once. But anyways, I save once every two minutes.

Or is it because the third version is always bug-free compared to the first two?

games i have:
platinum
pearl
emerald
sapphire
leafgreen

games that have ever crashed:
N/a

i have no idea how you have got a crashing game :-/
i can only think you have corrupted data, a fake game, or your console has some issues (maybe needs a new battery).

does it happen on all games or just specific ones?
have you ever cheated or otherwise had your data corrupted?
what type of console are you useing?
does it happen if you play while the console is plugged into the wall?

Something like that happened to me. in the battle tower in emerald 53 wins and it froze I swore and almost threw my gba across the room. I stopped playing for a month. my diamond does that enery so often I think it has to do with how the cart is inserted because every so often I notice that its at an angle.

Oh wait, you are talking about games crashing? Sorry, I thought you were talking about when the game like freezes when you bump the cartridge and you have to start from where you last saved....oops.

Dude, I've never had a general gameboy game crash or freeze on me, let alone a pokemon game. That said however, I have had several times where I SWEAR I saved it...only to discover I did not.

Normally I save like a crazy person, but sometimes I either hit the wrong button, or glance away and just assume it took. You can imagine my exhaustion when I turn it back on and stuff's missing.

A couple weeks ago my copy of platinum crashed, also my diamond did too put it was probably because I got pissed and through my DS

It has fortunately never happened to me with Pokemon, but with other games yes. I remember playing hours of Bully without saving, only to have it freeze on me.. I have made sure to save every 10 minutes after that.

I don't think I've had a game crash on me, but once I accidentally pushed the on/off switch instead of the volume slider while playing Pearl.

I learned long ago when my battery died on me after two hours of not saving to save after each battle, after each event, after each capture. I learned to save all the time.

never happened. I do hate that the fire red rom on the pc can't save however

never happened. I do hate that the fire red rom on the pc can't save however

It can save, you just need to change the save type to Flash 128K before starting the game

I really hate it when I do something really stupid, like release a Pokemon which has my only Exp. Share.

That's never happened to me, but my Platinum game did keep freezing whenever I went underground. I knew it was the game, and not my DS, because my Pokemon Diamond was working fine.

I now have a new copy of Pokemon Platinum. Let's hope this one works.

That happened to me when I was at the solo/ensemble competition. After finding out that I got an excellent rating on my ensemble, I went back to playing Platinum only to find that the game froze. I had just finished raising my entire team up about fifteen levels.

I was pissed.

This happens to me alot. Except it isn't the Elite 4, its usually in the middle of the game after beating like 2 gym leaders and rasing all my Pokemon about 10 levels.

This. Especially on G/S, since I played with a GBA that had no back for the batteries. Someone will talk to me and it slides out of my hands, and Poof.

Or there's the times where I overall forget to turn it off.
And don't put it on sleep mode.

I really hate it when I do something really stupid, like release a Pokemon which has my only Exp. Share.
Something similar happened to me just now.
Tyson [Togetic] used Metronome!
Tyson used Fling!
Tyson flung its Exp. Share!
Not happy. Thankfully I didn't really lose anything, except I have to evolve my Togepi again.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom