• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

I think:

*May and Drew are dating and traveling the Johto region together. I mean come on, he was watching her battle very intently on TV when she went to Sinnoh!
*Solidad wants to be BFFS with Harley because she wants a gay best friend
*Ash aged 1 year with each region and is just lying about his age like an old woman
*Delia and Ash's dad are divorced
*Delia has an active eHarmony account
*Tracey likes Misty and she may or may not like him
*Paul misses Ash
*Gary misses Ash more
*Gary has a crush on Ash

If you couldn't tell my shippings... Sidenote, I like Pokeshipping a lot but I have to give it up to Orangeshipping these days

Playing Sapphire version and rewatching the Lucario movie lead me to this headcannon:
Steven is/believes he is incarnation of sir Aaron. When he realised this, he went a bit insane, changed his name and adjusted his clothes slimilar to sir Aarons. Catched Lucario. Now he calls himself Riley.

This thread is glorious.

Pallet headcanons:
-Everything Shudo's novel said about Delia's past and Ash's father is true.
-Silver from Chronicles is Ash's dad and he's well aware of his son's success but will never get in touch with him.
-Ash is resentful about his neglectful father but secretly wishes he was in his life.
-Prof. Oak fell in love with Ash in 4Ever.
-Oak suggested the name "Ash" to Delia. Only later did he realize that Ash is the same Ash and that whole adventure truly happened.
-Oak quit being a Trainer to go into research around the same amount of time into his journey Gary did. He impregnated his high school girlfriend at 15, who left him with the baby and left him to move elsewhere in the world.
-Gary's parents died when Gary was a baby.
-Gary always knew in his heart he never wanted to be a Trainer, and was always doing research subconsciously, hence why he was always so knowledgeable about mons.
-Oak and Delia are the only people in each other's lives who have stuck around for a significant amount of time. They use each other as crutches to remind themselves of days gone by. They're FWBs.
-Gliscor is at the Oak Ranch.
-May's Bulbasaur had an affair with Ash's Sceptile shortly after DP started. Ash's Bulbasaur discovered this, was devastated, and got into a brutal brawl with Sceptile which he lost spectacularly. May's Bulbasaur left Ash's and evolved into Venusaur because Sceptile likes 'em big. It was awkward and Venusaur had to return to May. After all this, Bulbasaur ended up thinking about and missing Squirtle every day.
-Sceptile hits on Bayleef and Bayleef's having none of it. She's still in love with Ash but realizes she's never coming back to his traveling team full-time.

Twerp Headcanons:
-Sir Aaron had an affair with Lady Rin and Ash, Riley, and the Aura Guardian from that Spiritomb are descended from him.
-Ash is terrible about keeping up with his friends and former traveling buddies, Oak aside. He hardly ever calls his mom. Brock however is excellent at it and was the only thing keeping Ash in touch with Misty and May's family. After Brock returned to Pewter, Ash has hardly been in contact with anyone from the past days, if at all.
-Brock traveled with Ash for so long to escape the household of child neglect he hates so much, but subconciously always knew by leaving he was abandoning his siblings to take care of themselves. This guilt always weighed on him heavily and he took care of Ash and co. to push it out of his mind, creating a self-enabling vicious cycle. He came to rely on Ash to take him away from his family problems and inject his live with non-stop adventure, but while Ash always considered Brock his best human friend, he wasn't as invested in the friendship as much as Brock was.
-Ash and Dawn became much closer during DP than Ash and Brock had been. Brock quietly felt jealousy over this and the neglect reminded him of his upbringing. This partly contributed to his departure.
-Misty has come to accept that Ash never cared about her like she did him, but still nurtures a crush on him that will never go away. She's proud of her work as a Gym leader, but somewhat longs for her old life of traveling. She gets along with Tracey and her sisters, but has been much happier since Brock came back home.
-May, Drew, Harley and Soledad are all still traveling in the same region.
-Max is homeschooled. Norman and Caroline lied to the absurdly ineffectual child services about his current location while he was traveling with May.
-Brendan is Prof. Oak's son. He and May were childhood friends.
-Dawn will grow up to find Kenny clingy and creepy. She will try to cut off her contact with him ineffectually.
-Zoey doesn't know what to do with her life after winning the Grand Festival.

-There's a difference between Dragons and Dragon-types, Dragons are draconic and Dragon-types are Dragon-types. For example Charizard is a Dragon but not a Dragon-type like Dragonite or Axew is. This somewhat explains why Liza and Clair are good friends, dress pretty wild, have similar height and hair, really aren't afraid to get their hands dirty, and are so knowledgeable about stuff. They work with similar species of Pokemon often. Another example of a Dragon is Gyarados. Then there are "Dinosaurs" and ones and ones in the Dragon Egg Group. Like Scraggy, a reptilian lizard, Treecko, Larvitar, Aerodactyl, Archen, as well as Lapras are Dinosaurs and Egg Group Dragons.

-All Dragons are exceptional in battle because of their genetics being much stronger than say a Normal-type Pokemon's.

-Burgundy's Darmanitan is meant to be a monkey to match Cilan's Pansage.

-Dawn managed to win the Johto Wallace Cup using a newly caught Ledian that evolved from a Ledyba in the finals.

ash does age but he hides it until he wins a league
misty has a crush on ash
also may
same for dawn
iris makes four
ash isn't dense
ash has a bet with gary to see who can get more girls
ash only lets brock, tracey, max and cilan to travel with him to keep his impulses on check
ash in reality wants a fivesome with the other girls
giovanni is ash's father(overuse)
giovanni is dawn's father and nobody knows
team plasma is secretly team rocket under new managment
picachu wants with glaceon and bunneary
drew is gay and is currently with harley
zoey is lesbian and is with zoey
may got second place in the johto grand festival and will win the sinnoh grand festival
ash secretly wants to bail the unova league and go to may's grand festival
dawn won the wallace cup and will win the hoenn grand festival
ash will beat alder and reunite in palet town
gary is gay and because of it lost the bet
at the end ash will be with all the girls at the same time with all of them fully aware of it
the will all travel atleast once thanks to palquia to the manga world
ash and red will get EVERY GIRLS (lucky)

-Satoshi has only been fooling around during BW (he still has DP strength, just hides it).
-Dent has offscreen 'encounters' with other guys his age.
-Hikari's mom won a lifetime supply of pancakes for winning the Grand Festival, and owns a Pancake Restaurant, with her cooking, sassy Glameow and quiet Umbreon being the waitresses.
-Iris is secretly ancient, hence why she calls everyone kids.

- the stone-made "Poké Ball", which had the spirit of the King of Pokélantis inside of it, actually did contain Ho-Oh. The weird smoke that came out of the ball wasn't really the spirit of an ancient King, but rather Ho-Oh's Sacred ash which gave Ash a funny voice (like helium does, expect this one makes it deeper) and made himself think he was the King.
- the truth is, Ash actually is an heir of this King of Pokélantis, who sealed Ho-Oh in that ball. That explains the special relationship between Ash and Ho-Oh. The Ho-Oh, the one Ash has seen on the sky couple of times, is an heir of the Ho-Oh who was sealed in the ball.
- Brandon and Templen Maiden Maria made a baby, and they are eventually tried to be murdered by an ancient Regi cult who find their action unforgivable.
- Paul wins the last Kanto Frontier Symbol for his family and then goes after Sinnoh Battle Frontier.
- Steven Stone died during the battle between Groudon and Kyogre – the battle made the cave, where he was looking for rare stones, fall over him. Sadly this time there is no Celebi to raise him from dead like in the manga.
- Juan is the father of Misty and her sisters, and he was also the gym leader of Cerualean City before Wallace became the Hoenn Champion.
- Tobias managed to get to Cynthia at his E4 quest, but she beat him.
- after saving the world a dozen more times without getting any acknowledgment for that, Ash will eventually sour and becomes evil.
- Ash and Gary's obsession before Pokémon was girls.

Pikachu is claustrophobic.
The Pokémon games do exist in the anime verse, and Ash used to play them before he started out on his journey.

My only headcanon was actually something that flat out disregarded real canon.
I used to believe that Ash had to be at least 12, no matter what the narrator says, because I just couldn't believe that 700+ episodes and 15 movies had all taken place in one year.
I believed that, until I saw this:

ars5xQLj8E2cWML0Eo493g2.jpg

With this, everything makes perfect sense.
This gives a legitimate reason for Ash to always be ten, and I believe it.

Last edited:
Okay, it´s not in the series yet, but... Ghetsis sacrificed his right eye to make a special evolutionary stone which caused Zweilous evolve into Hydreigon before lvl 64

This is fun. Can we all get together and have a Headcanons party, where we'll drink tea and watch every episode of Pokemon and discuss every single detail about it? XD

Okay, I have a whole BUNCH, but I'll post in small doses because I can't remember them all right now:

-I believe everything in the Shudo Novelizations is true about Ash's father.

-The Dex-holders are related to their anime counterparts in many different ways. Red is Ash's older brother, Green is Gary's first cousin, Platinum is Dawn's cousin, etc.

-Since I like the Green's Raticate dying on the S.S. Anne thing...word spread that Red was thought of as a murderer for that, sparking the Oak and Ketchum family to have a small tiff which is what started the slight tension between Ash and Gary, although they never talk about it (the Silver Conference was their way of getting over it, and sort of reliving Green and Red's battle). Gary's parents are both dead, but because Delia used to visit/study at the lab often, she and Prof. Oak remained good friends and the whole incident didn't affect their relationship. Feeling despised, Red escaped to Mount Silver and has been training there ever since. Ash and Delia know this but never speak of it with anyone, especially with how their family has broken apart.

-Brandon is Paul/Reggie's father, but they sorted out their differences beforehand so they didn't really have any sort of "You're my father/son?!" epiphanies, which would strike Ash/Brock/Dawn's/whoever else was watching's curiosity.

-I really like the Salvia/Dawn and Jessie/Jessibelle theories.

-Behind-the-scenes, all of the characters behave like teens and talk about/do normal things other than pokemon. They have sleepovers, listen to their iPods while traveling, text each other on their Pokegears/Poketches/whatever the Unova device is called, etc.

-Burgundy is in love with Cilan, and Cilan slightly can tell, but he's stuck between sorting his feelings out for both her and Iris.

-I always like to think that each region lasts about a year and a half, so combined with Orange Islands and BF, I estimated that Ash has been traveling for almost eight years by now. I've decided to blatantly ignore the narrator's infamous comment and assume that Ash is 17 going on 18.

-Has anyone come up with a reason for Brock's flagrant distaste for Professor Ivy, or even what the heck happened on that island? XD

Alright, that's all I have for now...but I'll be back! ;-)

Last edited:
- Reggie is actually a lech who constantly hits on women whenever Paul or the other children aren't around.
- Langley has very little self-esteem, and hides it through her jerkish behaviour and delusions of grandeur. She is unsure whether she truly hates Iris or is actually seeking her approval.

these headcanons have nothing to do with evangelion what are you talking about

Satoshi was purposefully oblivious to romance but over time psychologically brainwashed himself into not noticing it. Also, he has a fetish for turtles/tortoises seeing as he wanted to start with squirtle and has almost every turtle.

Based on what his brother said, I think Shinji was always mean, if not as grumpy as he is now.

Brandon and Palmer are considered equal to some elite four members.

Vincent's last name is Jackson. He just changed it for the Silver Conference because he felt like it. XD

All the retcons are due to time travel; the TRio's changing backstories, for example, were caused by Celebi's time travelling trips.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom