• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Although not my most favorite, I actually don't mind the D/P rap opening that much. XD

The only problem I have is that it took too long for Team Rocket to seem like a major threat. For too long has Team Rocket (mainly Jesse, James and Meowth) been "comic relief", but not very good, really. At first, I thought they were funny, but over time, I got over them, and just wished they would disappear, forever. Now, they're smarter, and more deadly. However, it's too late, I have lost interest in anything they do.

I hate the connoisseur thingy... every time Cilian opens his mouth I want to stick his stunfisk in there! Seriously: "Oh what a delicious flavor!", "Oh, what remarkable spice!" JUST SHUT UP !!!!! Misty didn't use water-related words every other sentence, Dawn didn't use fashion-analogies/allegories 70 times per episode, so seriously what the hell? Did he get traumatised in a kitchen when he was young thats his way of getting over it?

Other than that, paradoxically, I do like Cilian when he doesnt mention any food-related word :) I like his battling, design and pokémon

The writing was at its all time best in DP

Pikachu needs to step off and let somepoke else have the spotlight more often

The First Movie is the Worst Movie

Ash is one the worst protagonist in all of anime, if not ever, and is surrounded by pokemon, comapions, rivals, allies and enemies more interesting and likable than him
What he said. Also pokemon is too focused on love. Can someone explain why pikachu won't evolve it is impractical for it not to. Also speaking of Pikachu I wish the writers would make ash use that over powered rat less.

I actually don't have a problem with Tobias. I remember a lot of people didn't like how Ash lost to a trainer who used legendary Pokemon, but that never bothered me. I think it helped that he was foreshadowed well before the battle, so it wasn't like he pulled out a Darkrai when he battled against Ash for the first time. The only thing that really bothered me about that match was how anticlimactic it was to defeat Darkrai was after all that buildup. Pikachu vs. Latios was a much better battle and allowed Ash to go down in a blaze of glory and for a one episode battle, I thought it was quite satisfying.

The Pokémon that are depicted as being strong are more often than not given exaggerated strength and stamina that make them look like the product of poor, biased writing. I don't think that this is an unpopular opinion per se, but many fans still seem to care about "powerhouses", which I don't get.

I liked how most of May's contest opponents were one-shot characters, especially compared with Dawn's opponents who were mostly recurring rivals. I think the writers did a great job making each one memorable and unique.

I liked how most of May's contest opponents were one-shot characters, especially compared with Dawn's opponents who were mostly recurring rivals. I think the writers did a great job making each one memorable and unique.

It's a fair point, but at the same time I would have liked to have seen a few more recurring characters in May's contests along with the awesome CoTDs

Although not my most favorite, I actually don't mind the D/P rap opening that much. XD

Oh, I had completely forgot about that opening!

I might belong to a minority, but I actually really liked it. It was cool seeing how they tested out something new, and result was just fine IMO.

I noticed the sagas where Ash gets all the starters, excluding Kanto, turned out to be his worst teams of the series.

Both his Johto and Unova teams are underdeveloped. Even though the writers did try to fix the Johto team by evolving Phanpy, Cyndaquil, and making Heracross into a powerhouse.

Clian is a vastly more annoying version of brock

Iris and Clian are the most pointless charchters of the entire show with unrealistic goals

pokemon has gone down hill quickly since hoenn

Dawn is pointless and boring

not sure if there that unpopular but i think they are :)

I dont' like the way they made Brock be this massive beta around girls.

Lettuce be cereal, his character design and portrayal in the first few episodes was alpha as fuck. He should've been swooning glams Ben Carbonaro style every episode.

I think all my opinions about anime are unpopular. Or at least I don't like popular opinions.

Misty should've dropped her weird water master vagueness just became a normal league entering trainer that happened to specialize

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom