• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you miss Ash and Misty's arguments?

Do You Miss Ash and Misty's Arguments?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Hell No

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I didn't care for them

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Another Misty thread, r u serious(Scott, Gible post here)

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
never. found her annoying, i think losing her and her arguments was good for the show.

Oh.But still most of their arguements are totally funny and In my opinion she don't really annoyed me^_^..In fact,I love the way they argue..sometimes they argue for knowing something..they care??..I mean..I like the way they argue..most of the times...

Actually Misty annoyed me a lot simply because of how badly she treated Psyduck. (And Brock. And Ash.)
otherwise.Others may be annoyed and not going to be annoyed at MIsty.

-I STILL find their arguements really unbreakable..
*smiles*

Their arguments just remind me of nostalgia, especially when they were in Kanto.

It just made misty look like an even more stale character than she was already becoming around OI to Johto. Nostalgia doesnt count for anything.

She never got stale imo.

Wow, I thought this thread had been closed.

Nostalgia doesnt count for anything.

If you don't want it to, but for those who do, nostalgia means a lot. For all the people who have watched the anime, can't say that Pokemon wasn't apart of their childhoods, or teenage years, or adulthood, because it was. For those who are getting bored with it, that's them.

I made this thread as like a tribute to Misty fans, as a way of keeping the conversations clean, and positive, so it wouldn't get closed.

I also wanted to know if anyone realized that Misty and Ash are the only main characters who argued constantly, people complained so much about Brock and Dawn's relationship, I just thought I bring up Ash and Misty's, which was way more dyamic than static, same with Misty and Brock.

God damn it why every thread starts turning into Dawn vs Misty? Take a break.

Anyway on topic, I can't remember if I posted here before but whatever, I never cared about thier arguments, can't even remember most of them.

I know pointless reply...

Misty's personality was that she had a short temper and argued with anyone? Dont remember that well, but I think it was like that.

God damn it why every thread starts turning into Dawn vs Misty? Take a break.

Anyway on topic, I can't remember if I posted here before but whatever, I never cared about thier arguments, can't even remember most of them.

I know pointless reply...

True. Misty has nothing to do with Dawn.

Misty's personality was that she had a short temper and argued with anyone? Dont remember that well, but I think it was like that.

Could you do me a favor, no disrespect or anything, but this is how most threads with Misty end up badly. I understand you aren't too fond of Misty, but the question is about Ash and Misty's arguments that they used to have, cause as far as I can remember, they are the only main characters in the history of the show, to argue a lot, besides Team Rocket. So, please stick to the topic and question at hand, I would like for this thread to last a little while longer.

One funny moment I remember is when Misty told Ash that he was even lucky he made it to the 5th round in the Pokemon League with the way he had been training. That is so true, considering Ash didn't win all his Gym Badges the proper way.

Could you do me a favor, no disrespect or anything, but this is how most threads with Misty end up badly. I understand you aren't too fond of Misty, but the question is about Ash and Misty's arguments that they used to have, cause as far as I can remember, they are the only main characters in the history of the show, to argue a lot, besides Team Rocket. So, please stick to the topic and question at hand, I would like for this thread to last a little while longer.

One funny moment I remember is when Misty told Ash that he was even lucky he made it to the 5th round in the Pokemon League with the way he had been training. That is so true, considering Ash didn't win all his Gym Badges the proper way.

My point was that, I am not sure if the whole Misty arguing with Ash thing is due to the dub or its part of the original plot. I dont remember them arguing that much besides some "trademark" moments.

My point was that, I am not sure if the whole Misty arguing with Ash thing is due to the dub or its part of the original plot. I dont remember them arguing that much besides some "trademark" moments.

Oh, well if you rewatch a lot of the earlier episodes, they argued quite a lot.

May and Dawn argued with Ash at times, but their greatest argumens with Ash each had an episode dedicated to it with Tag Battles.

It just made misty look like an even more stale character than she was already becoming around OI to Johto. Nostalgia doesnt count for anything.

Speak for yourself.
In my opinion arguments between Ash and Misty provided nice chemistry and interaction between characters and Misty never got stale.With time she developed as any other character which was good thing being pretty much the same with difference of less agressivity coming out from her,making her more deep as character.

Btw,her temper wasnt the only personality trait she had,with much more being there to it,and i hope your not being serious.
Ash and Misty arguments were dub added???
Not at all,if you doubt rewatch Japanese version,youll see plenty of arguing scenes there too.

Last edited:

That is quite true, blame the haters they ALWAYS turn these into repositories for their hate ratings and flamewars I am one of the Hoenn haters but you don't see me doing this type of immature nonsense. Bringing this up in the Misty club would be a much better idea and yes I too must admit I miss the arguments almost as much as I miss Misty herself. This did add quite a bit to the series and the normal thing was because of Ash being dense and somewhat brainless at times. We are long overdue for an appearance (in something that is NOT a lure or a passing mention) but rather showing up.

Let's be fair about it as well. It's not like arguments ended once Misty left. Sure, Misty was more "tomboyish", so that gave the argument a different quality, but Ash also argued with other girls he traveled with. I remember with May it was mostly due to Ash being insensitive, while with Misty it was Ash's stupidity. The only thing different for Dawn was that all arguments were to show how they always make up afterward because they understand each other so well. For the others was just for argument's sake. I guess they did that to present how much Ash matured from his Kanto days.

Take that out of a Pearlshipping context please but either way that Dawn example does not make sense at all. Its a given for people to argue if they have striking differences but using that in the context of "understanding each other" just SCREAMS pairing influenced and does not make it valid.

Take that out of a Pearlshipping context please but either way that Dawn example does not make sense at all. Its a given for people to argue if they have striking differences but using that in the context of "understanding each other" just SCREAMS pairing influenced and does not make it valid.

It has everything to do with character development. Because Ash is not the same person, so obviously arguments won't be the same either.

That being my point, if Ash argued with someone else, he would later be calm and apologize to the person for being hotheaded. Completely different from early Ash-Misty arguments. It has nothing to do with some imagined shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom