• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play with the pokemon you like best, or with the strongest?

I always play with my favs, but my favs are usually strong pokemon. And if I am able to train a pokemon I dont like and it becomes really strong, it immediately becomes one of my favourites.

I always play with my fav's, they may not be the strongest but i love them

personally its hard as heck for me to raise a pokemon I dont like so even if its strong i end up generally not using it.

I generally always use the pokemon that I get first. But I still have to like them though.

It seems using your fav's is more common than going for the strongest possible, unless your fav's are the strongest. Which, I can see why, 'cause if you'd use only the strongest, then the games get waaaay too easy to finish and most of the fun is gone.

I like to play with my favorites. I enjoy the game more that way

Ditto on the not playing competitively. However, I sometimes try playing my LEAST favorites. This of course has turned them into favorites on rare occasions (zubat in gen1, ekans, venomoth, golduck, I even remember playing through with a Forretress and liking it once)

I play with both. For instance, I play with the strongest, and they also become my favorites.

I play with my favorites usually. It makes the game more challenging if you don't use the strongest Pokemon you have. If you're battling with someone too, it makes it harder and more fun. You also have to play for longer, because you most likely have to train your favorites a lot.

I only use my favourites, most of them are strong but I'd use them anyway even if they weren't.

Mostly likes. Although, the ones I like I remember training really hard, so they were my strongest ones as well.

i balance it between my favourites and the strongest, though my favourites arre often the strongest.

I always love playing with ones I've admired, but never caught. In my platinum game I got a scyther (never got it in past generations, never any good moves). It's my most powerful pokemon now (finally a good moveset in gen 4). scyther+aerial ace+technician=WIN. Scizor? A slower scyther as I see it.:lol:

I always play with my favourites now, but when I first started playing I only used ones that I thought looked nice. I had a Totodile, Umbreon, Suicune (which I taught loads of HMs) Pigeot, and two Rattata. Needless to say, I didn't get very far...

I always pick pokemon that are my favs.
I've been doing that since the Blue days :)

I used to play mostly with the strongest but lately that's become boring as hell, so I've been picking favorites and even novelty to add some "fun" to the games.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom