• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you relate songs to your Pokémon?

Inon

Pronounce "Ee - Noun"
Reaction score
For me, it started with Maxwell, my Kingler, I'll give you a cookie if you figure out why. xD

Some other examples are:
Darkrai - All Nightmare Long by Metallica.
Dusk and Dawn, the Gallade and Gardevoir - Ain't Talking 'Bout Love by Van Halen or Wasting Love by Iron Maiden, because I see them as a couple, but they're a Double Battle couple too, so they have to concentrate on battle. :bheart:
Meganium - No Rain by Blind Melon, really don't know why, guess it's because both are happy as hell. ^^
Kabushell, the Swift-Swimmer, Rain Dancer Kabuto - Rainmaker by Iron Maiden.
Helter, the Gliscor and Skelter, the Flygon - Helter Skelter by The Beatles, actually, they're nothing more that named after the song's title, that's all. xD
Apisreine, the Vespiqueen - Killer Queen by Queen, do I really need to explain? Let's move on...
Arcanine - Bark At The Moon by Ozzy Osbourne.
Noir the Dusknoir (Lol, so original) - Iron Man by Black Sabbath, because he have no emotions at ALL (Or at least that's how I see it xD).
Roserade - Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits, because Rosarades like to dance, rigtht?
Honchkrow - Fly By Night by Rush.
Rather, the Cacturne - Enter Sandman by Metallica.

I can't associate anything with my Pokemon, mostly because...I'm not that attached to them, sir.

Well, my Absol is named Amaranth, after the Nightwish song of the same name...
And, the Tarja song The Oasis reminds me of my Froslass, coz its a beautiful, elegant song ^^

my Gardevoir has a theam song(or part of a song).the part in disposabl heroes, by metallica after the bigining solo, and just befor the main song just, becuase it sounds cool like lady (my Gardevoir)

For me, it started with Maxwell, my Kingler, I'll give you a cookie if you figure out why. xD

The first thing that came to mind was 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' by The Beatles but I'm probably wrong. It's a damn good song though.

I don't really relate my Pokemon to songs as such. I've named plenty after the artists though. Thom (Arcanine) and Jonny (Umbreon) after two members of Radiohead, Bjork (Espeon) after... well, Bjork, obviously... Damon (Piplup, I really need to evolve this guy) after Damon Albarn, Dom (Pidgeot) after the drummer of Muse and Jack (Absol) after Jack White.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Whenever I send a Pokemon out, their names make me think of the artist they were named after, and then the artists make me think of a song by them. So I kind of do relate my pokemon to songs.

In one playthrough of Pokemon Sapphire I had two months ago I named my Pokemon after Gaga songs.
Honey-Delcatty-Song=Money Honey
Dance-Ludicolo-Song=Just Dance
Poker-Blaziken-Song=Poker Face
Greatest-Flygon-Song=Greatest
Love-Seviper-Song=Lovegame
Kitty-Kyogre-Song=Shake ur Kitty

I loved my Kitty (Kyogre) so much I migrated it.

The first thing that came to mind was 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' by The Beatles but I'm probably wrong. It's a damn good song though.

Yup, you're right, you know... Crabhammer... Silver Hammer...

Mellisa Horn - New York

^I don't know why, but that song always remind me of Pokemon.
I wonder if it was played during one of the movies because it seems
familiar with Pokemon to me.

I'm probably wrong. I'll find out when I re-watch the movies.

well, it's not really with a specific pokemon, but whenever i'm journying to the next town or area i hum the Zelda theme.

well, it's not really with a specific pokemon, but whenever i'm journying to the next town or area i hum the Zelda theme.

I do that, but with all my games.

Never really thought about it, but heres what I can come up with.

Iron man= Aggron
War pigs= grumpig
Wherever I may roam= Entei, Latios, Mesprit, etc.
Stairway to Heaven= Hall of Origin

I used to, back when I developed stories and personalities for them. :x But now I don't.

(that stupid phase last year where I named Pokemon after songs doesn't count, btw DX)

i made an entire playlist to a pokemon i dont even have yet, im going to get a shiny beldum named bass, so i made a playlist called project basshunter... guess what the main band in it is?

Sometimes I tie songs in with my Pokemon. For example, I have a Phione that I named "Sir Duke" after my all-time favorite Stevie Wonder song. B-)

I named my Butterfree in my latest Nuzlocke Anthony after the frontman of Circa Survive because the lyrics to "I Felt Free" resonate with me.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom