• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Ash should dump Pikachu?

What to do with Pikachu?

• Dump Pikachu (Behind a bin or what-not)

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Evolve Pikachu (Like Ash has never had a thunder stone (Sarcasm))

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Keep Pikachu (Yet another pointless act)

Votes: 107 72.3%

• Total voters

Grimmjoww

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay, he has had that little guy for quite a while now, and maybe it's time for a new pokemon or for Pikachu to evolve.

What do you think?

Don't get me wrong, I love Pikachu, and I want him to stay, but I just wanna know peoples opinions.

No thank you.

Pikachu's fine with me. He's a series staple and mascot after all.

I'd wait for evolution at the end of the series. That is, if there ever is one...

yeah, how about no? It's Pikachu, the franchise mascot.

Ash should call Pikachu back into his pokeball then toss him into a nearby lake. And then the next region nets him a Pichu.

I wouldn't care either way, but since it's not happening I'll vote no.

Ash should make Pikachu die a slow, painful death. *coughsarcasmcough*

Ash should just keep the thing just because it's the show's mascot. Obviously, it's there to stay until Ash leaves.

Do I think Ash should dump Pikachu?

Yes.

There is just too many nice electric Pokemon out there that Ash should've captured or trained, because I'd really like to see another electric Pokemon on Ash's team.

Will it happen? Doubtful, while I honestly doubt Ash would ever get an only electric type Pokemon because of Pikachu, the only hope we have is for dual types. Like Electric/Water, Electric/Grass, Electric/ Fire, etc, but even then unless said electric Pokemon is a starter I just can't even see it. Just like the possible Electric tarantula for the 5th gen. It'll likely be a bug/electric, and while I wouldn't say Ash would get it. It would still be pretty nice to imagine Ash with an electric tarantula.

But even with my own personal feelings on the subject, Pikachu is a mascot, and I don't see it leaving, it's really with that reason, I'm voting "Keep Pikachu" as much as I would love to see more variety in Ash's team, Pikachu has to stay, it's Ash's starter and most important Pokemon he has. The only way I see Ash "oaking" Pikachu is if "Iris" has a Pikachu herself, or BW Anime guy but even then I kind of doubt they would do that.

I've already said it would be an tremendous risk for them to change mascots. They're obviously not going to do it.

Keep Pikachu. He's one of his aces with so much promise. The only thing missing is an acceptable ability for at least a turn survivability.

The mascot, well actually, Meowth was supposed to be the franchise mascot but viewers grasped Pikachu more. So I suppose that if there was some huge event that happened, I don't see why it shouldn't happen, it just may take viewers to grasp a new mascot after the 10+ years Pikachu has had. And when I say huge, I mean... like an event the Ketchum household adopting a daughter and Ash giving her Pikachu. But, overall, I don't think it should happen... unless, as said before, something extremely drastic happened.

Last edited:
It just won't ever happen as long as the anime exists.

Ash and Pikachu are the epitome of pokemon/human relationships that the show/games/franchise likes to market. There's just no way from a character standpoint that Ash would part with him.

And in reality, the pokemon franchise would never get rid of the series mascot.

In theory it makes sense to start fresh, but it just won't happen.

Are all of you crazy! This will mark the end of Pokemon along with Nintendo's cash cow dump the mascot what the hell are you guys thinking

on another note I just released my first fanfic about Digimon known as The Dark Jester NC-17 so mature audiences check it out

I'm kinda bored with Pikachu. There's so many pokemon with better designs and he one of Ash's least appealing pokemon battle wise and personality wise. The writers have done everything they can with it and then some...

Still, I don't think the writers would get rid of it... nor do I think they should as it would go against what this show is about which is friendship between pokemon and their trainer.

Last edited:
What a biased poll. Just for that, I'm not going to vote :b

No, Ash should not dump Pikachu. Not only is it out-of-character but WHY should he dump his starter and best friend? That would be an odd message to send to the viewers.

:lol:

unless ash leaves the show, i don't see pikachu leaving. . .

Even if Ash did leave the show (which won't happen), the new main character would have a Pikachu. ._O

I think Ash and his Pikachu should stay. Everyone knows who Pikachu is, even those who don't watch the anime, so why give rid of the most popular character in the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom