• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think the Westernization of Pokemon Black and White is a good thing?

They could have done a lot worse: Unova could have been based on Slough, UK.

I'd imagine the next few regions will be based on other areas in America, until they move to Europe.

They could have done a lot worse: Unova could have been based on Slough, UK.

I'd imagine the next few regions will be based on other areas in America, until they move to Europe.

You really think so? I'm not sure. It'd be fun to create another surrounding area, but I'd rather go to another different place entirely right now instead of staying in America or going back to Japan.

You really think so? I'm not sure. It'd be fun to create another surrounding area, but I'd rather go to another different place entirely right now instead of staying in America or going back to Japan.

I'd rather stay in America, go to China, or go to Japan or go to Australia.

Africa could be fun. Grasslands and coasts. Gamefreak would have to mix it up of course when it comes to landscape, so maybe some mountains could be added?

Africa could be fun. Grasslands and coasts. Gamefreak would have to mix it up of course when it comes to landscape, so maybe some mountains could be added?

Africa has a lot of mountains, actually.

Also, if you're going to stay within the US for a while, Michigan is probably a cool place to go to... you have cities, you have lots of water, you have islands, caves, etc...

except Detroit needs to be nicified.

I think Africa would be more likely for a nice Ranger game than a main series game to be honest.

Also, if you're going to stay within the US for a while, Michigan is probably a cool place to go to... you have cities, you have lots of water, you have islands, caves, etc...

Naw, keep Detroit the way it is and have a bunch of Poison-types live there. XD

I would be overjoyed if my hometown was the starting town in a Michigan-based area - it's a tiny little place with tons of trees while all the areas around it are urbanized, so it works. :D

They should base Gen VI's region on Ontario or Quebec and let you visit Unova post-E4.

They should base Gen VI's region on Ontario or Quebec and let you visit Unova post-E4.

Nah, have it based on the entirety of Canada.

If that's too big, then Ontario and Quebec would work as well ^_^

But what would they call it? I've already used Kyuuda...

Nah, have it based on the entirety of Canada.

If that's too big, then Ontario and Quebec would work as well ^_^

But what would they call it? I've already used Kyuuda...

So basically, The Johto to Unova's Kanto?

I can dig that.

Well, coming from a Brit...the most internationally known places in the U.S. to those outside of the U.S. are New York, Florida, San Fransisco, Los Angeles and Texas (Although Yakon fills the Texan stereotype). Yes, pretty much all of those are holiday resorts (=3).

Have a region based on England - everything costs too much and before you know it all your money is stolen by a greedy banker. The villain team will be called "Team Halifax".

Well, coming from a Brit...the most internationally known places in the U.S. to those outside of the U.S. are New York, Florida, San Fransisco, Los Angeles and Texas (Although Yakon fills the Texan stereotype). Yes, pretty much all of those are holiday resorts (=3).

Have a region based on England - everything costs too much and before you know it all your money is stolen by a greedy banker. The villain team will be called "Team Halifax".

There would also be three sets of starter pokemon, one for England, one for Scotland, and one for Wales... lol.

Only problem is... It's all fresh water. No salt water. Haha. But yeah, you never know, Hoenn and Unova added deserts that aren't even in their real life counter part. :D

Only problem is... It's all fresh water. No salt water. Haha. But yeah, you never know, Hoenn and Unova added deserts that aren't even in their real life counter part. :D

Um... what does the salinity of the water have to do with the validity of the candidacy of the area?
And a desert in Michigan, lol... although Prickly Pear Cacti do grow in the sand dunes naturally...

Um... what does the salinity of the water have to do with the validity of the candidacy of the area?
And a desert in Michigan, lol... although Prickly Pear Cacti do grow in the sand dunes naturally...

It has nothing to do with that. Sorry for being vague xP
It's just that there would be no sea Pokemon. Just lake Pokemon. :/

Personally i don't really like it that much. It's a japanese game, so let's keep the characters, npcs, etc. japanese. However, the world of Pokemon has to expand, meaning different cultures so...i think gamefreak really had no choice. I don't necessarily think is bad as it appears to me to be necessary though i dislike it.

It didn't stop them from adding desert pokemon in New York -_-

Meh, it makes it more interesting.

I have no problem with that. And I think it's a better way of having a Crocodile than a sewer or something.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom