• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think there will be a new English opening, now that Dawn will make a cameo?

Poliwhirl42

Reaction score
...Unless they pull a D/P and decide to keep the song but change the video clips, like they did with the two Galactic Battles themes...

Re: Do you think there will be a new English opening, now that Dawn will make a cameo

...Unless they pull a D/P and decide to keep the song but change the video clips, like they did with the two Galactic Battles themes...

I can see them doing that. :yes:

Re: Do you think there will be a new English opening, now that Dawn will make a cameo

If they did put Dawn in the opening it would be outdated once she left, since the dub doesn't update things from the opening like they do in Japan. Then again,t hat hasn't stopped them from using outdated clips in their openings in the past, so they might do it.

They might update the clips used in the opening like they did with Galactic Battles, although I think the reason for that change was a bit different. Anyway, I think that would be the only change that could happen with the dub. The title is still going to be the same, as it would have been revealed if they were going to change it through Cartoon Network's schedule, and the song is going to be the same as well. I wouldn't really expect anything drastically different with the dub's opening this weekend.

Nope the makers of the anime don't give 2 craps about her anyways. I feel like she was forced back by marketing rather than the writere making a legit reason to return like may or misty

I doubt they'll go to the trouble.

I feel like she was forced back by marketing rather than the writere making a legit reason to return like may or misty

May and Misty weren't exactly treated any better. Dawn just got the cameo she was owed, like they did.

I doubt they'll go to the trouble.

I feel like she was forced back by marketing rather than the writere making a legit reason to return like may or misty

May and Misty weren't exactly treated any better. Dawn just got the cameo she was owed, like they did.

Are you kidding me? Misty's togepi was the whole point of the togepi kingdom episodes. And they made it a point to show off just how strong and awesome may was in the wallace cup by making her lose by one point with a handicap after beating the mary sue zoey. Then we have dawn who was an expendable character who made no impact and had her strongest pokemon lose with a quadruple type advantage. If they replaced the beartic fight with a COTD and the mamoswine fight with Beartic dawn's entire cameo would have been worthless.

Are you kidding me? Misty's togepi was the whole point of the togepi kingdom episodes. And they made it a point to show off just how strong and awesome may was in the wallace cup by making her lose by one point with a handicap after beating the mary sue zoey. Then we have dawn who was an expendable character who made no impact and had her strongest pokemon lose with a quadruple type advantage. If they replaced the beartic fight with a COTD and the mamoswine fight with Beartic dawn's entire cameo would have been worthless.

Misty only stayed for 2 episodes in Hoenn though. Dawn stayed for 7, so while she may not have been treated as well as she could of, she was still back for more episodes.

Even if you count the other 2 Misty got before Battle Frontier, she was basically treated like Tracey was and then just got a small bonding episode with Max. Hardly riveting stuff.

Misty only stayed for 2 episodes in Hoenn though. Dawn stayed for 7, so while she may not have been treated as well as she could of, she was still back for more episodes.

Even if you count the other 2 Misty got before Battle Frontier, she was basically treated like Tracey was and then just got a small bonding episode with Max. Hardly riveting stuff.

Meh the anime usually proves quality>quantity

I hope so XD

Maybe they might even edit the song to match the clips, seeing as the extended version was played 2 weeks back "though it was an instrumental"

The fact they put next time a new beggining makes me hope they will attempt to do somthing, the international viewers never got a "Best wishes 2" hype of advertising, leaving basiclly no diference, but next time a new beggining will have shaked things up for them

No new season has been announced that I know of, so I will have to say no. I even did the math for when the current season should end. If they have a normal 52 ep season, it will end on this week's raw ep. I don't think they'll do that, but there's no telling where they will end it. I wager they'll pick a spot after the Junior World Tournament.

First, TPCi ignores Season 2. I think that TPCi don't give importance at the new season because they are in the same adventure. They will end the season when the x-episode count (around 48-52 episodes) will end. of course, before the Unova League.

Second, the "New Time, New Bennining". First, don't make sense because Ash isn't having new adventures apart from going to advanced his journey.

To resume, the only difference between Season 1 and 2 is that in the latter the restriction of BW1 dissappear. Nothing else.

And for note, if you see the first two episodes you think that she will stay after the Meloetta's arc ends. But I said that this is false and the Meloetta arc will end without her (but with Cynthia and Jeremy)

By the time that Rival destiny ends, it will probably end at the 52 episode point which would be the sometime after dubbed versions Iris episodes(the ones that are gonna air in japan this week) that are gonna air. And since Dawn will be long gone from that point unless they change openings between now or maybe febuary or march, Dawn probably won't appear in the TPCI version of the season 15 opening.

And TPCI will probably keep the same current opening up until Season 15 ends, and afterwards, they'll probably mix the "Be A Arrow" and the new JP opening for the season 16 one.

TPCi will most likely just replace the episode clips that they used during the first portion of "Rival Destinies" with the episode clips from BW Season 2 and from the Be an Arrow! opening. Since dub titles for BW085-089 had already been announced, I doubt that this will be the start of a new season. These episodes will still be a part of "Rival Destinies."

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom