• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think they'll ever replace Ash with Dawn?

I honestly don't get why people ever thought things like this. Granted the beginning of DP hyped Dawn up a lot, especially if you watch the Japanese version where her ending theme lasted for like 50 episodes, but as Sinnoh went on she gradually settled into the secondary contest role we expected her to.

Piplup remaining out of its ball is now a feature in HGSS, so I assume every new girl will now have her Pokemon tag along with her.

This theard is ridiculous
Dawn already is starring together with Ash, not instead of him... she was never supposed to "take his place" but simply to star together with him
Why is it so hard for people to accept two equal stars in a show? I'm pretty sure Poké isn't the first anime who did that

Dawn is already the star - together with Ash
She can't "replace" him
Even if Ash will leave and Dawn stay - they'll bring a new male star to do Gyms and Dawn will stay the female star doing Contests... so she wouldn't take Ash's place, if anything the new boy will do so (though even then, automatically hating new boy because he "replaced Ash" is totally ridiculous)

And Scott, I already proved Ash and Dawn still got about the same amount of episodes in the last half a year or so... so stop saying Dawn isn't as important as she was... it's simply that she isn't new anymore so you and everyone aren't as excited about her as you were before
I think with High Touch and the current eyecatch (outside of special rare cases, always show one Ash eyecatch and one Dawn eyecatch...) people should get it already

I wonder if the dub is one of the reasons people can't accept an equal heroine... the dub OPs usually still focus more on Ash (though they clearly focus on May/Dawn more than Brock) and they even didn't include Piplup in the newest OP... while for the Japanese version, they really emphasize Dawn/Piplup's equality to Ash/Pikachu in a lot of ways
I guess they're afraid these crazy boys will stop watching the show when they'll understand a female got to star in the show too...

i dont think the problem is sexism here piplup, i just think the pokemon fans arent ready to give up ash being the main star. I do think in early 4th generation in some cases dawn was more consentrated on than ash. But i think after the wallace cup and after the fourth gym, the concentration is more on ash as a character than dawn.. Even iif they are '' equales"

Nope, I thought they would have when they had the beta poster for Diamond and Pearl 3 years ago.
But it just comes to shove- Ash, Pikachu, Brock, and Team Rocket will be in the show forever. The only one being replaced every generation is the female lead.

mehh... i could never see that happening... on the other hand...

i was doing some random thinking and then a thought popped into my head: what IF when Ash was all done (he's won the pokemon league and stuff) they replaced him with Max? i can already imagine how Max looks when he's older, and i can imagine him sounding kinda like T.K. from the second season of Digimon Adventure 02 :lol:

like i said, this was just a thought... but this gives me a good idea for a new fanfic :rolleyes::lol:

^ It's kinda logical...but remember, T.K. was the"Matt" of the group, the lead was the usual hyperactive goggleguy, Davis.

Replace Ash with Dawn? Ash will never be replaced. Will Dawn be replaced by whatever Gen V girl will pop up? Probably. Will she get a guest appearance? Possibly.

They might replace Dawn, but Ash is too famous in the anime to be replace. They did replace Misty with May and May with Dawn. They replace Max with Crougunk. They try to replace Brock with Tracy, but that did not work out, so they replace Tracy with Brock again. So Ash and Brock are mainstays. Dawn might replace with another girl just like May/Dawn, but not until they found the new land.

I do speak out of turn, I mean no offensive by this. I am just sick of this whole fan of 'May' or 'Dawn' thing pushing the Pokemon community apart.

I don't know. Wait till you add Misty into the mix and everyone start ripping each other to shreds. I'm a huge fan of both May and Dawn. Also a fan of Misty and Brock since I watched them since Pokemon first came to America. Of course I'm a huge fan of Ash too. I pretty much like almost everyone including Team Rocket. Here at this forums, I see a lot of character bashing and that's crazy. Lately I seen quite a bit of Dawn bashing though. However, in the past I seen more of May bashing. Perhaps there seems to be a pattern where there is a lot of bashing towards newer characters or something.

Anyway, NO one should replace anyone. Except if 5th gen comes and Dawn get replaced again then I'll probably be in a fit like when that happened with May, Max, and Misty. Oh yeah, Tracey too.

Ash should be retired eventually, but they'll have a new male hero by then with a new continuity.

pssshaw. they could never replace the MAIN CHARACTER of the show! that would be like getting rid of will smith from the fresh prince of bel air. its just not done :\

pssshaw. they could never replace the MAIN CHARACTER of the show! that would be like getting rid of will smith from the fresh prince of bel air. its just not done :\

For DP, Dawn is just as the star as Ash is (ok, maybe Ash still gets a little more, but generally they focus on both of them)
This thread is extremely stupid anyway: the whole point of a female star is for her to star together with the male star
Even if Ash will leave and Dawn will stay, they'll just use the next gen boy player character as the new Gyms star...
You really didn't need to bump this thread -_-
Also, some show did replace the starring character... it IS possible

No, it is not. They replace Ash and the kiddies will cry in the streets. See Pipulp fans know Ash and Pikacu and love them, they are Pokemon. If they ever replace them by now kids would be confused and horrified. The best timing for them to have replaced them would have been in series 1 when it was just begining. Now its too late, Pokemon will have to end when Ash journey end. Dawn is just a co-Star to Ash, didn't you see the D/P movies? All she did was just stand behind Ash, same way May did before. Will she get replaced some day? Who knows, I'd hope Brock would get replaced not her cuz I like her. I have my doughts Brock will get replaced though, normally its Boys stay, girls leave. We already read why in an interview.

Be interesting to see if Ash returns to Johto with Dawn and they run into http://emily124.deviantart.com/art/Kotone-142028861 while Dawn leaves temporarily for the 5 Johto ribbons and says to meet in Johto Grand Festival

So have them split up in Johto? That would be intresting hmm. Than Johto would be adventures of Ash/Brock while Dawn gets her fifth ribbon. Splitting into two plots for a bit would be cool.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom