• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use legendaries?

Yeah, even in online battling. I only limit myself to one though, unless it's a Legendary Battle, or somethin' like that.

Currently using Giratina (Orgin Form). So epic in epicness.

Isn't there a thread like this? And shouldn't there be a poll here? Just sayn'.

I occasionally use legendaries in my party. I used a load in FR but since then I haven't been too keen on using them. I mainly use Zekrom on White because it's part of the plot and have made a 7-man party (4 static 3 interchangeable). Recently I've only used them for Pokeathlons due to their superior stats.

I used the Bird Trio against the E4 back in Red version because the other pokemons I had were all in their 10s or 20s...(a very common scene of only raising your starter).

Apart from then. I never used legendaries except for Reshiram.

I personally tend to just use the version mascot in most cases; though mainly for the elite four. After that, I tend to just put 'em in the PC, and...most I don't use after that unless I feel the need/actually need them for something. xD

Only one I remember actually using outside the Elite four and in my main team was in Platinum, and I believe HeartGold.
Which I think was just rematches if I recall (and post-game content). xD

I don't usually use legendaries, I only use/train a few of my favorites (Latios, Mew, Suicune) the only legendary I actually use as a member of my team is Shaymin, and I have to admit that it isn't that strong :\

I use the legendary pokemon like I used raquazza to beat the elite four lol. That's still funny to this day Nintendo allowed a level 70 legendary pokemon before the elite four. Made the elite four a joke.
On a serious note, I use legendary pokemon all the time. They are fun to use.

Last edited:
I do on occasion. It depends on the Legendary and whether or not I like it. The more common Legendaries (Is there really such a thing?) will usually find a spot on my team. The rarer ones I usually box and keep--they're rare and hard to get so I don't want to screw up their stats. It just depends on the Pokemon, really.

Half of my team is Legendary... I have Reshiram, Victini, and Mewtwo.
Reshiram needs to be there, as the story requires it (well, it's not required, but the characters were all like "You need to wake up that dragon and use it against N because it's the only one who can match N's dragon." Which of course wasn't true but I thought it would be more fun to play the role of the guy who used the opposite dragon and all that).
Victini is there because he's really cool (my favourite new Pokémon), and he's an exception to the whole "you don't get to raise the Legendaries since they all come at high levels" -- Victini was only level 15 when I caught him.
Mewtwo is just awesome, character-wise. I admit, he's somewhat cheating (since when I got him his level was already equal to everyone else on my team's level... and now he's over 10 levels ahead of everyone) but there's really no way around that. As Karen of the Elite Four said, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." Mewtwo is one of my favourites... I can't help it that he's also strong, lol
And then I'd have Mew on my team as well (if I get around to transferring her from Generation IV)... she is my all-time favourite. And like Victini, she was raised from a low level, so she's not really as bad as the other Legendaries in the sense that she started out unstoppable.

Personally i try not to use legendaries.I prefer to raise my pokemon, not catch a high leveled wild one.

Half of my team is Legendary... I have Reshiram, Victini, and Mewtwo.
Reshiram needs to be there, as the story requires it (well, it's not required, but the characters were all like "You need to wake up that dragon and use it against N because it's the only one who can match N's dragon." Which of course wasn't true but I thought it would be more fun to play the role of the guy who used the opposite dragon and all that).
Victini is there because he's really cool (my favourite new Pokémon), and he's an exception to the whole "you don't get to raise the Legendaries since they all come at high levels" -- Victini was only level 15 when I caught him.
Mewtwo is just awesome, character-wise. I admit, he's somewhat cheating (since when I got him his level was already equal to everyone else on my team's level... and now he's over 10 levels ahead of everyone) but there's really no way around that. As Karen of the Elite Four said, "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." Mewtwo is one of my favourites... I can't help it that he's also strong, lol
And then I'd have Mew on my team as well (if I get around to transferring her from Generation IV)... she is my all-time favourite. And like Victini, she was raised from a low level, so she's not really as bad as the other Legendaries in the sense that she started out unstoppable.

But mewtwo is your favorite because he is essentially strong lol. Not because you're aesthetically in love with it beyond explanation.

Nah, to be honest, I don't even like legendaries besides Dialga, Deoxys and Jirachi.
And even thought I like them I don't usually use them in the games.

i love using legends.
half my platinum team was legendary (palkia, giratina, and assorted others) but addmitedly, i didnt get the same thril that i did from raising my lucario, leafeon and togekiss to LV100's.

I never actually use legendaries. Basically because I tend to grind a lot and, by the time I get them, my strategy, levels and movesets just don't leave room for them in my team.
I understand why some people would want to use them, though. They're powerful and can fill a hole in any team without having to train them from scratch

I catch legends, i train legends to lv 100 to say i have done it and increase my lv 100 army but i dont really use all of them all that often. I might mix it up to go through the E4 for fun and just sweep through them.

The only legends that i would remotely use on a regular bases is Rayquaza (fav legend by far) Groudon, Lugia (both not far behind Ray) and Rakiou along with Zekrom. The only reason why i use them because of their designs, typing and my unique moveset on them

Radiuh;3856771Please show me where I called so Someone a noob for using legendaries.[/QUOTE said:
Noobs use legendaries? That doesn't make any sense. Even when I was a noob I didn't use them much. I first started playing Platinum when i could afford a DS. Otherwise it was LeafGreen after that if you wanna consider that first. I hardly used my Giratina after I beat the game, mostly because I knew it was a Uber. Though, I did raise it's Lv to 80 or more.

But mewtwo is your favorite because he is essentially strong lol. Not because you're aesthetically in love with it beyond explanation.
True, sort of. I actually like him because of his character design / background / in-game history (story, etc.). But I do admit, his strength is a definite bonus (if I liked him just as much as I do now but he was incredibly weak / had bad moves (like a Magikarp or something) then I would not use him).

Anyway, I think that the statement "n00bs use Legendaries" is kind of getting at the fact that Legendaries are a cheap way to win / they're unfair, etc. and that the only reason you'd use them would be that you're not good enough to win without them.
I don't agree with that though... even though they tend to have higher base stats, it's still easy to beat a Legendary with a regular Pokémon if you have the type advantage. They aren't that much better.
Also, if you ignore all Legendaries, there's still Pokémon who are stronger than others. Even if you ignore pseudo-Legendaries / uber Pokémon / whatever, there's still Pokémon with a stat advantage. Removing one from the game in order to remove its advantage is pointless unless you remove every single Pokémon with higher stats than any other Pokémon (which would leave only the weakest of all Pokémon). For example, if a rule was established "no Pokémon with a total base stats above 600" then people will just use Pokémon with total stats coming closest to 600... if a rule was made that "no Pokémon are allowed with total base stats above 500" then people will use ones that come close to 500, etc. The stat advantage doesn't go away... all that happens are people are forced to use weaker Pokémon.
Also, the strength of the Legendaries is balanced by the fact that they are rarer / harder to obtain than a lot of the others. It's not like someone is going to have a team of 6 Arceuses (well, it's possible but not likely). Usually (with the exception of Event Pokémon) they can't be obtained early in the game, so it's not like a complete n00b would even have access to a team of Legendaries.

I just feel that they take a lot of concentration off common Pokemon that are actually really cool. I don't feel like if I was a trainer, I would catch and use a legendary like mewtwo who was created for mass destruction.

always like to have one in my team as sort of a last shot pokemon. esp when u rant properly prepared. e.g. sinnoh elite four about to lose...wip out dialga and roar of time their arses

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom