• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

Same here. traded a hatched Fennekin for one of the Johto starters, and got around to getting all 18 starters from all 6 regions! And on wonder trade, I had someone trade me a Bronzor, and that was before getting the National Dex.

I used it once or twice, I think. I don't remember exactly what was traded, because I saved and deleted so many game files. I don't use it nowadays, though.

I use the GTS. If anything that's what helped me get the starters for all generations for Pokemon X. Now I've just got to work on the nitty gritty in completing the Pokedex. In the meantime I'll try my hand at shiny hunting in the Friend Safari. I've had the chance of capturing one shiny through the Friend Safari (Beautifly). I've had my fill with chain fishing and I'll give the Pokeradar another go at it (highest chain was 21 before running into the wrong shaking grass >_<).

With the Wi-Fi shutting down soon and the fact that I don't have a 3DS yet, I didn't get the chance to use the GTS. I'm glad it's a part of Pokemon games now, though. Makes it so much easier to get evolved Pokemon that require trading.

With the Wi-Fi shutting down soon and the fact that I don't have a 3DS yet, I didn't get the chance to use the GTS. I'm glad it's a part of Pokemon games now, though. Makes it so much easier to get evolved Pokemon that require trading.

What are you talking about? Only the DS wifi (and by extension, Gens 4-5 GTS) is shutting down, this does not affect 3DS games, much less the XY GTS.

I get it: GF and Nintendo want to keep these Pokemon rare and "special". Fine great and wonderful but filter them from GTS completely. If a player types in "Darkrai" then an error message should pop up, saying that this Pokemon cannot be requested. It should be an easy fix but it probably will never happen, as the GTS seems to be on the low end of Nintendo/GF's priorities. (And hey, if this had been in place, we may not have been so quickly spoiled over Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Those were pretty much blown within a few weeks of release, thanks to the GTS and its requesting system.)
I agree. It's also annoying how the GTS defaults to showing all the event trades. If they're impossible, why does GF insist on forcing us to see them?
Of course, it can be rectified by clicking the 'Don't Include' button, but my point is that that button shouldn't even exist.

It's helped my greatly with trading version exclusives and finding a few nice finds for my pokedex.

So much nicer for me personally, having never owned some of these Pokemon due to trade restrictions and lack of link cables/wifi.

What are you talking about? Only the DS wifi (and by extension, Gens 4-5 GTS) is shutting down, this does not affect 3DS games, much less the XY GTS.

I mentioned that I don't have a 3DS yet. So when the Wi-Fi shuts down, I won't be able to use the GTS games until I get one.

The GTS makes me lose faith in humanity.
That it can. Ugh, shiny Golett for an untradable Arceus, Xerneas for an untradable Manaphy, Mewtwo for a level 1-10 Celebi; it's maddening. Yet somehow, I've gotten lucky enough--or I'm stubborn enough--to lay hands on a number of shinies via GTS. Oh, and 'Mons who have their HA, too. It's cost me, though. Boy, has it ever cost me.

I'd like to know what the slag is up with all the Entei, Suicune and Raikou level 21-30 requests on the GTS these days. Why are these the hot ones now? I is confuzzled. :confused:

Also, for those who wants a Kingdra/Scizor/Steelix etc, I would have liked to see Seadra holding a Dragon Scale, Scyther/Onix holding a Metal Coat, etc being eligible options too - would make these trading so much easier.

And you're right about the event Pokemon. Either make them tradable, or don't allow the option in the first place. Also, don't allow levels on requested Pokemon that aren't obtainable from legitimate playthroughs. (Some stupid requests that I've seen: Lv 1-9 Pignite/Serperior/Garvantula/Reshiram/Zekrom on GTS in Pokemon Black.) Perhaps just disable the level option if you're requesting legendary Pokemon.

I'd like to know what the slag is up with all the Entei, Suicune and Raikou level 21-30 requests on the GTS these days. Why are these the hot ones now? I is confuzzled. :confused:

Looks like the ones catchable in HG/SS and FR/LG are over that level, but they can be legitimately obtained at level 30 from a certain event as shiny Pokemon. Maybe that's what they want.

...Maybe they don't know that those events can't be traded by GTS. I wonder how many of the people asking for Darkrai and Mew know this.

Looks like the ones catchable in HG/SS and FR/LG are over that level, but they can be legitimately obtained at level 30 from a certain event as shiny Pokemon. Maybe that's what they want.

...Maybe they don't know that those events can't be traded by GTS. I wonder how many of the people asking for Darkrai and Mew know this.

...or Celebi. I'm on GTS looking for Dittos, and suddenly, I see a guy claiming that his Ditto will always breed shiny pokes. WTF?

Yup, I've been using it to trade for version exclusives. I've always got the trades through, but I always deposit instead of Seeking. Between the good offers there's too many Legendary beggars to make it worthwhile.

I did when I was finishing the pokedex, mainly for hard to get pokemon and version exclusives.

The worst part of it is the number of people demanding legendaries or untradeable Pokemon for just about anything. Only one Pokemon can be offered at a time per game, so just the sheer number of people who must be doing it, many for no possible gain... *shakes head*

In addition to what I've said earlier in this page, there should also be:
- A complete data of the Pokémon being traded, or at least an indication of Hidden Abilities on said Pokemon
- More flexibility in Pokémon requests, such as:
  • Accepting any other Pokémon within the same evolution line (eg you want a Gallade, but you'll accept a Ralts/Kirila/Gardevoir, etc)
    Accepting any Pokémon not yet registered in your regional/national Pokedex
    Accepting, say Starters for Starters (if someone offers a Chikorita, then you can send in any of Cyndaquil/Totodile or their respective evolutions)
When all is said and done, though, still better than BW's GTS. Having only 9 selections available at a time is not fun when most of them ask for legendaries.

The worst part of it is the number of people demanding legendaries or untradeable Pokemon for just about anything. Only one Pokemon can be offered at a time per game, so just the sheer number of people who must be doing it, many for no possible gain... *shakes head*
Two words - GTS clutter. Given how search results appear to be displayed "newest first", and a majority of these ridiculous/impossible trades are on the 'older' end of the list....

- A complete data of the Pokémon being traded, or at least an indication of Hidden Abilities on said Pokemon
You mean just being able to check the stats on the Pokemon before trading, like we can with live trades? I definitely support. Then you don't have to rely on a short text message that may or not actually indicate what the Pokemon has.

You mean just being able to check the stats on the Pokemon before trading, like we can with live trades? I definitely support. Then you don't have to rely on a short text message that may or not actually indicate what the Pokemon has.

Exactly. Because, as I thought, and as some of our fellow members have confirmed my thoughts, people can and will make lies.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom