• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the vending machines in the game?

Do you use the vending machines?

• Yes, of course I do. They're cheaper than super potions

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • No, they're a waste of my time.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
Re: Do you use the vending machinies in the game?

Lemonade are very handy, as are Fresh Water. I typically buy five or so of each one... if I can be bothered. I find MooMoo Milk are better though.

Oh yeah!

My team's at the point where super potions don't cut it and hyper potions are overkill so I just rely on lemonade - lots of them.

Yush. If I run low on anything, I'll just grab a coupl'a lemonades. :)

My brother stole my game and bought about twelve sodas. Hah... DX

Yes I use vending "machinies", but only until I have enough money to consistently buy many potions at once.

In one run of Emerald, I decided to use ONLY Soda/Water/Lemonade to heal my Pokemon with, instead of medicine. D8 It was fun, but a but time-consuming to buy drinks. Plus I think it might be a nice treat for your Pokemon.

I usually don't use them. I never really found the need to use one. Instead I just load up on hyper potions.

Early in the game, yes. But later I just use Hyper Potions/MooMoo Milk/whatever.

Yes, they're very useful, but I only use them when I see them. I can't remeber to stock up on healing items often, which I regret. (especially in gym battles -_-')

i use them at the start of the game, and slowly and slowly stop using them. i have wwwwaaaayyy too much money in my hands in pokemon...

Cheap items FTW! I love vending machines, I abuse them before I challenge gyms in White. Not to mention that I just like the concept of the vending machines themselves, I'm a sucker for simple things like that.

I never ever use them. Accept for that one time, when that guy standing next to one, really needed a drink of water but didn't have a clue how to find one.

I buy Lemonade. It's good for my Pokemon.

I use 'em all the time. It's been a while since I've actually bought a Hyper Potion, simply because Lemonade's just that much cheaper.

Dude, way cheaper. Of course I use them. Much more now there are vending machines everywhere in Unova.

Oh yes. To trade Super Potions for Fresh Water and still get change, or Lemonade which heals by 30 HP more. Excellent deal.
Glad Unova has them in more than one place.

If I don't have anything better to do, and I don't feel like buying healing things for 50% more, then yeah.

Yewah! I kind of have this thing where i don't like wasting items. Like if my pokemon is down 50 hp i wanna use a super potion. not 3 potions or waste 1 hyperpotion. The drinks kind of do the inbetween.

no poll? :C

meh, i'll usually maybe splurge and buy a few things from the vending machines if i'm by one, but normally i'll just stock up on poke mart merch since venders take too long :/

You can buy Moomoo milk 12 at a time, but it isn't as cheap as the rest (though still cheaper than potions). And considering they restore 100 HP, they end up being the most useful for either a full/almost-full health recovery, or recovering a decent quantity of life still during most of the game.

You can buy Water/Soda/Lemonade in the Sevii Islands and in the Mt. Moon in bulk, but by then they aren't that useful by then.

For comparision: Fresh Water is 4P per HP, Soda is 5, Lemonade is 4.3, Moo Moo Milk is 5. Potions are 15, Super Potions are 14, and Hyper Potions are more reasonable with 6.

And of course, there are Lava Cookies and other snacks, which are cheaper Full Heals. Though besides the Lava Cookies in Hoenn the other two are hard to get.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom