• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

This morning I woke up to find that I'd got an e-mail from Dogasu telling me I'd won the Boss Fantasy contest he put up before Christmas.

The contest was to write a boss fantasy for any of the Isshu Pokemon. The prize... the chance to choose any three past episodes that Dogasu hasn't done comparisons for yet to get a write-up.

This was definitely a nice surprise, since I don't normally win things like this.

Oh, congratulations! :party: Can you clue us in to which three episodes you're thinking of choosing? Or does it have to be a secret for now?

Oh, congratulations! :party: Can you clue us in to which three episodes you're thinking of choosing? Or does it have to be a secret for now?

I don't want to name them as Dogasu will be revealing them later today alongside my entry, but I will say that I've chosen one Johto episode and two Diamond and Pearl episodes.

I don't want to name them as Dogasu will be revealing them later today alongside my entry, but I will say that I've chosen one Johto episode and two Diamond and Pearl episodes.

Congrats how many times did you enter and what pokes did you do them on?

Congrats how many times did you enter and what pokes did you do them on?

I'd rather not reveal what Pokemon I based the winning entry on (it'll be posted on the site in the next day or two anyway), but I entered twice and the other was based on Darumakka.

I entered Mijumaru, Tsutarja, Pokabu, Mamepato, Tabunne, Kibago, Ishizumai, Yanappu, Baoppu, Hiyappu, Koromori, Munna, Doryuzu, Kibago, and Meguroco.

Hmm, Dogasu, are you sure the Dawn and Brock special are counted as BW episodes?

I only ask because, while I agree with your basic reasoning, the genga thing sunyshore posted the other week seemed to indicated the Koaruhie episode was BW 20.

Hmm, Dogasu, are you sure the Dawn and Brock special are counted as BW episodes?

I only ask because, while I agree with your basic reasoning, the genga thing sunyshore posted the other week seemed to indicated the Koaruhie episode was BW 20.

pocketmonsters.net found them as special episodes. I really doubt that they are part of the Black and White count.

RustyShackleford said:

No, but I'm not convinced that they shouldn't be counted as BW episodes, either.

martianmister said:
That's just a fan site like Dogasu's.

Thank you. Unless some official source comes out and states that the two aren't counted as BW episodes, all any of us fansites can do is guess.

Regarding Paul in your latest comparasion, it seems entirely understandable that, because of his awakening compassion contradicting his previous actions, he'd still try to be a dick to cover it up. It's a typical overly "macho" thing to do.

Hey everyone, my Boss Fantasy entry has been posted over at the site. The Pokemon I based the fantasy on was Iwaparesu, and the entry itself is on the front page (it's highlighted in yellow, so you shouldn't miss it).

Oh, and the episodes I picked for comparisons are on there too. Hope you guys like my choices.

By the way, sorry if it seems like I'm glory hunting. I'm really not, it's just not very often I win things like this.

Heh, that entry was really funny and I really enjoyed reading it. Congrats watchermark!
DB said:
Let's all act like twelve year olds and giggle at the fact that the English name for Deathkan contains the word "fag."
Oh haha :p

Wow, that was really funny, I love how you nailed the awful TR dub dialogue and did a whole script in Meowth-speak. Congratulations Watchermark.

Those'll be some interesting comparisons for sure. It took me a while to choose three that I would've wanted had I won, because I had five in mind.

It took me a while to decide too. Although I knew I was going to ask for the trade episode pretty much straight away, I had a lot of difficulty deciding on which other two to ask for (everytime I thought I had them, another episode would pop into my head).

Having said that, I'm perfectly happy with my final choices and look forward to reading them.

Also, regarding the latest Nintendo news on the site, why is it that the more I read about the 3DS the more put-off I am about buying it...

Yeah, since I skipped the original DS, I was set on buying one so I could also play Pokemon White, but that supposed battery life is really off-putting.

I just noticed something in "Beauty and the Beach."

Dialogue Edit
The creepiness of an old man befriending a bunch of preteens is present in both versions, but this line, uttered by Moe, is considerably watered down. This happens right as Moe meets Misty for the first time:

Moe: "You remind me of my granddaughter."
Misty: "We don't have any money, but we'd be happy to work to pay for any damages."

Originally, Ryuu tells Kasumi that things would be more fun if she was eight years older.

(Kasumi is twelve years old, so if she was eight years older, she'd be twenty. Twenty is the age when most people in Japan are considered to be adults).

This was before we saw that book that said she's ten.

Loved the boss fantasy contest, Dogasu! :D It should become a yearly contest for your site, like your April Fools Day pranks. :)

Back
Top Bottom