• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

oh yeah, you're right. It was the ending that was excluded from the first Best Wishes episode, wasn't it?

oh yeah, you're right. It was the ending that was excluded from the first Best Wishes episode, wasn't it?

Right, but I'm pretty sure it IS in the first and second eps, the channel simply cut it out due to the special airing... unlike DP001 which truly didn't include an opening in it

Yeah, the first two episodes were tailended by the last part of the Pokemon Festival special that had been running all day, and the episode credits ran over that.

Originally Posted By Dogasu

My plan is to finish the comparison for "Rematch at the Nacrene Gym!" to get the screencap-heavy Aloe episodes out of the way. After that...I dunno. Should I go back and try to catch up on the Black & White comparisons that I've missed? Should I do the three comparisons watchermark won back in January? Should I do my first Kanto comparison of 2011? Please send me feedback via the regular means (Facebook / Twitter / Bulbagarden / e-mail) and let me know what you want.

I think you should focus on getting caught up on the Black & White episodes, since they aren't as edited and mistranslated as the Kanto episodes which are bond to take longer to do with all the paint edits and stuff, then you should focus on Watch mark's winning episodes, then try to work on the Zoroark movie, then go to Kanto comparisons again.

That's just my opinion, I'm probably not important enough to be suggesting things though.

Mijumaru uses its hotachi to deflect Yanapp's incoming Solar Beam attack, so Dent responds by having Yanapp knock Mijumaru's shell out of its paws.
Just something small to point out, but I think "Hotachi" should be capitalized.

Dent probably would have gotten down on one knee and propose to Satoshi if he saw his league battle against Shinji.
The Shippers
Just nit-picky me being nit-picky,"Proposed".

The Shippers are gonna run rampant *_*

After Ohsawott's hit with Bullet Seed:
Oshawott.

Sorry about being so nit-picky, I'm probably being annoying.

Last edited:
Wow, nice of you to come back with a bang like that, great comparisons.

I'd love to see Watchermark's comparisons next!

Looks like they've retconned (in a way) Dent's/Cilan's "It's ____ time" catchphrase in the dub starting with BW019. I'm sure things like "It's Lunch Time", "It's Fishing Time" or "It's Detective Time" will be kept straight, but it looks like Cilan'll be saying "It's Evaluating Time" from now on... which kinda kills his taste schtick, but I guess it works.

I'd also love to see the comparisons I won... but to be fair, I'm obviously pretty biased.

Dogasu said:
Is Lenora supposed to be the mother who impregnates herself by basically raping her comatose husband? Or is she Garp, the son who goes on to cheat on his wife with a transsexual played in the movie version by a young John Lithgow? And what role does Lenora's Watchog play in all this?

I was seriously lmao here. Great job with the comparisons. :)

Like, it manipulates a suit of armor and has it charge toward Kidachi with its sword drawn, so does that mean it was trying to kill him? And why didn't it just use said suit of armor to break the glass and free the mask for itself?
That...is so true.

This episode introduces us to Aloe, the Isshu region's most controversial Gym Leader. Production on this episode started before Aloe's existence was even announced to the public, so it was already too late to change her to her less racist design by the time all those complaints came in.
Were there actually any complaints?

Although I have yet to see Cilan in the dub (Episode 5 airs in the UK next week), I'm already disappointed by what I'm hearing about his changes. I'm loving him in the original though.

Do some more Johto comparisons and troll everybody. Followed by "Princess vs Princess" with the Mewtwo movie to finish off. >=D

Really though, I think it'd be the most reasonable for WatcherMark's comparisons to be done. They were won in a contest from January (not that I'm one to talk about getting things done that were announced quite a while ago), and there are only three, so doing another one of those options wouldn't take long.

Then maybe some more Kanto episodes? It'd been a while since then too. But I'm also curious with some of your opinions of those episodes anyway. However, if you don't anticipate the BW! episodes to take too long, maybe after watermark's episodes you could do the seven-episode gap you missed in BW!? Then perhaps some more Kantos, and then some more BW!s from episode 16 onward.

EDIT: I did read your Facebook post about WatcherMark's episodes being on your mind frequently throughout this time and how you apologized to him for the delay, so that's good...

Last edited:
The English version, Audino, sounds enough like "I dunno" for the same type of thing to work.

Man, I really had no idea about this little tidbit. This is one of the many reasons why I love reading your comparisons.

I've personally been wanting to see more Best Wishes comparisons, so my vote goes to that. I'm fine with anything, though; I tend to miss out on some differences between the two versions despite being decent at Japanese and fluent in English. I love reading your take on things, too.

In my opinion I think you should continue with the Best Wishes episodes, than Watermark's prize, and than leave the Kanto episodes for whenever really. Personally the Kanto episodes are so old now that I just don't have an interest in reading a comparison for them, and I love reading the DP and BW comparisons as they're fresh in my mind.

I kinda want to get back to older stuff myself right now. I can see that trying to keep up with the current episodes can be tough and prevent you from ever going back to older comparisons, Dogasu. And since doing WatcherMark's comparisons would be a reasonable reason to do that, I also vote for those.

I personally feel that you should continue with the BW comparisons, but the decision is up to you.

Thanks for the feedback, everybody! I haven't made any decisions yet, but I'm enjoying reading what all you have to say.

gotpika said:
Just something small to point out, but I think "Hotachi" should be capitalized.

I fixed the other mistakes you pointed out, but I don't agree with this one. I wouldn't capitalize "scalchop," after all.

Thingamajig said:
Looks like they've retconned (in a way) Dent's/Cilan's "It's ____ time" catchphrase in the dub starting with BW019. I'm sure things like "It's Lunch Time", "It's Fishing Time" or "It's Detective Time" will be kept straight, but it looks like Cilan'll be saying "It's Evaluating Time" from now on... which kinda kills his taste schtick, but I guess it works.

I wish they'd have figured that out sooner, though. I remember the dub doing the same thing with Dawn's catchphrase, taking forever to finally settle on the translation they were going to use.

Joshawott said:
Were there actually any complaints?

There isn't a Carol Weatherford-type article to link to or anything like that, and as far as I know, no official complaints have been made. But the threat of complaints, which isn't too far removed from the threat of lawsuits, could have been enough to spring the companies involved into action. It's a lot easier to prevent a lawsuit than it is to fight one, after all.

I would prefer to see Kanto comparisons. They are more interesting to read with 4Kids' heavy edits.

I personally would like to see the episodes comparisons you owe to WatcherMark, then focus on Best Wishes. It seems logical to me, but who am I tell you what to do after you finish WatcherMark's comparisons?

I see you've taken to the revised episode numbering system that various Japanese sites have used since the earthquake screwed everything up. Makes me wonder when/if Bulbapedia will do the same.EDIT: [bp=List of Best Wishes series episodes]Looks like the Pedia's done it too.[/bp]

I really have to praise TPCI for not dumbing down all of Dent's various scientific explanations. I have a feeling that if 4Kids was still dubbing this show, they would have simplified everything the f*** down to keep little kids from being confused by phrases like "low frequency sound waves" or "a change in the magnetic field." Can't have none of that "science" in this here Pokayman, nosiree!

It's unfortunate they didn't have that same mentality in regards to this generation's English move names. If they did we wouldn't have such cringe-inducing dumbed-down names as V-create, Flame Charge, and Psystrike (for V-Generate, Nitro Charge and Psycho Break respectively). The latter in particular makes me think of "side strike".

Last edited:
So Stunfisk's love isn't exclusive to the west? xD. That was a pretty funny anecdote.

Back
Top Bottom