• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

And speaking of Meloetta...I just found out (because I don't really keep track of these things) that both of its Formes got renamed in the English versions of the games, for some reason? I always get told that the terms used in this franchise get changed to make them easier for English speaking kids to remember, but things like changing "Step" into "Pirouette" tell me that, in reality, they're just changing things for the sake of changing things.

Though I agree that TPCi has a habit of changing names for no good reason (e.g. Pokéshifter to Poké Transfer, Free Fall to Sky Drop, Psycho Shock to Psyshock, etc.), it seems that they thought that "Voice" and "Step" sounded too basic and thus opted to call those Formes "Aria" and "Pirouette" instead. Similar to how NoA renamed the Kanto and Johto Gym Badges, such as "Blue Badge" to "Cascade Badge" and "Wing Badge" to "Zephyr Badge."

And I really hope he's right about Team Rocket not showing up in Movie 15. I don't understand why the animators/writers waste any energy putting them in at all :confused:

Last edited:
I find it wierd how dogasu hasn't done a comparison in months

Hey, the guy's had his hands full. Give it time, give it time. in the meantime, I'm satisfied with the various tidbits he gives and his musings on them (always entertaining).

The guy's taken it upon himself to make the an all purpose site to give as much information about EVERY ASPECT of the franshise he can single handidly, while dealing with RL crap. That ain't easy.

He deserves several medals (and some sidekicks) :cheers:

Last edited:
NOOOO! Pikachu and Pichu is my favorite of the Pikachu shorts! And Friend Celebration Day is, like, the best song ever! :-(

The short about inner-city youths is the one banned for drugs, basically?

Menace Pichu Society.

Pity about the Pikachu and Pichu short getting pulled because of that guy's misdemeanor. There's always YouTube and download sites, or you could get an old VHS copy of the flick, I suppose.

What happened to the Pikachu & Pichu short? First I heard of it. :(

The narrator/theme song singer was arrested on drug posession and Shopro wants to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

And here I always thought it was some dubbers who were the spineless yuppies in the anime industry...

What happened to the Pikachu & Pichu short? First I heard of it. :(

The narrator/theme song singer was arrested on drug posession and Shopro wants to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

And here I always thought it was some dubbers who were the spineless yuppies in the anime industry...

Ah. Thank you. That is interesting, to say the least.

So the Black2/White2 soundtrack has a crapton of Hoenn remixes! Very exciting! :)

They're not remixes. [Not counting the 2 tracks in the PWT, of course]. They're the actual tracks from Emerald. Since Emerald never got its own soundtrack release (presumably due to most of its music being the same as Ruby and Sapphire), the Emerald-exclusive tracks, such as those related to the Battle Frontier, have been unreleased for all this time. Same thing for Platinum. Some of the music in the game [such as Route 23] is really reminiscent of Hoenn though. :D

Thank you very much for all of the soundtrack translations, Dogasu. :) I wish you well on your quest to find out singers of Dogas' theme song. XD

So Dogasu, I hear the Black and White 2 promos have just been dubbed. They're on the Pokémon YouTube channel. Are you thinking about doing a comparison? It's really up to you, though, it is your website.

Hi, Dogasu, I just want to point out a mistake regarding BW092's title. On your "List of TV Episodes" page you have it as "サトシ、アイリス、シューティー最後のバトル!!" However, the official title has an exclamation point after Shooti's name: "サトシ、アイリス、 シューティー!最後のバトル!!", so you should change the title and your translation accordingly.

I noticed a Dub/Japanese difference (I think) in the finals episode of the Donamite tournament.
It seemed that Kenyan/Stephan's dialogue when he was presented the prize is different.

They say his name wrong, he says something like "um it's Kenyan", they call him "umitsKenyan", then he says "That's not what I meant!"

In the dub, it's the regular pun.

I'm not sure if this did happen this way or not.

So, in the "Be an Arrow" opening of Best Wishes 2, there's a panning shot of Oak Labs with all the Pokémon that are staying there, and I noticed that Primeape finally came back from training with Anthony! What do you think of that? Makes me wonder how the dub will handle it when it switches over to dubbing Best Wishes 2.

I think we can all be sure that Primeape being there is just a nod to the older Pokemon and hasn't actually been left there at some point - unless you're also suggesting Charizard is staying at the lab too? And... the dub would handle that the same way they handle anything...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom