• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 164 Pochama!

Piplup, Buneary and Pachirisu have pretty much remained the same with the exception of a few exceptions here and there for the 150 eps they were around.

I think the writers didn't want Dawn's original three captures to change much.

Well, to be honest is there much things they can change with those three?

Well, to be honest is there much things they can change with those three?

Piplup : replace peck by drill peck and whirlpool or bubblebeam by hydrocanon... Plus it hasn,t used bide in while... Protect?!?

Buneary : evolution or giving it a fourth move like jump kick

Pachirisu : that one's actually gained an attack (superfang) but wouldn't lose anything by learning another one since it hasn't used spark or sweet kiss in ages

Plus, we still don't know what ability they possess... There's a ton of things the writers could have done...

Anyway, back to the episode itself... could it be that Pochama getting lost means it will get reunited with Ash and Co near Sunnyshore... (Like Dawn hugs Piplup than looks at the sunset and sees the city of Sunnyshore)...

Last edited:
I don't see why everyone would be so excited for Piplup to learn Drill Peck. It's basically the same exact move it knows now only spinning. I'd rather actually see an attack that looks like something new if it were to get a new move.

I don't see why everyone would be so excited for Piplup to learn Drill Peck. It's basically the same exact move it knows now only spinning. I'd rather actually see an attack that looks like something new if it were to get a new move.

It is still a "new move" gamewise, and spinning is always epic.

Could we actually be so lucky as to see Torrent? I can't remember seeing it in the anime so far. How the frock would it even be done?

*making wierd face expression hearing how impossible it sounds to me*

Meah... it would propably be some lame shining-blue-thingy and i could live without that.

Could we actually be so lucky as to see Torrent? I can't remember seeing it in the anime so far. How the frock would it even be done?

*making wierd face expression hearing how impossible it sounds to me*

Meah... it would propably be some lame shining-blue-thingy and i could live without that.
I'd say we're more likely to see it in a battle. Official battle I mean, not something like a wild Pokemon fight.

You have to remember that its not permanent, so any benefits are strictly for that moment (the moment being when they choose to debut it).

Moves are a little more long-lasting. If they need to devote a whole show to one of these techniques, moves vs. abilities, I'm going to give moves the trophy.

But you can bet that Torrent will be glowing blue.

yeah that sounds rather probable.

Although I would find it rather amusing if Piplup actually activated Torrent, beat the crap out of something, finds Dawn and is super-psyched about it but not able to show it to her for another bunch of episodes.

Like: "what the hell happened to me? HOW AWESOME WAS THAT! Come quick dawn i want to show you something..."

...and then it doesn't work. That kind of shit happens to me all the time so I would be able to recognize my self in that sitaution.

yeah same here. I want to see some new amazing move they haven't used before.

I wanna see a new move. period.

Then make a decision. Protect, Substitute, Safeguard, Mist, Blizzard, Hydro Pump or Brine. Drill Peck is just a spinning Peck, and Icy Wind is out of question as it needs training and tutoring.

I'm not picky, just not another ice type move and not a useless move... Drill peck, hydro pump, brine, Protect, doesn't matter... Hell give him grass knot, I don't care... Piplup has had the same moves for close to 150 episodes... His limited movepool is the only thing that bothers me about the character...

Whirlpool could be replaced by another stronger water move
Bide could be replaced by Protect
Peck could be replaced by drill peck (or aerial ace if he can learn it)

Really any one of those option would be fine by me...

I'm not picky, just not another ice type move and not a useless move... Drill peck, hydro pump, brine, Protect, doesn't matter... Hell give him grass knot, I don't care... Piplup has had the same moves for close to 150 episodes... His limited movepool is the only thing that bothers me about the character...

Whirlpool could be replaced by another stronger water move
Bide could be replaced by Protect
Peck could be replaced by drill peck (or aerial ace if he can learn it)

Really any one of those option would be fine by me...

Yes, it can learn Aerial Ace.

Maybe all the characters will just say "Forget it" and not even bother finding Piplup.

It would be great if those 3 Ludicolo and the Quagsire that Piplup befriended in early DP team up with him in this ep.

First of all, Pilup doesnt GET LOST. He leaves on his own after getting hit With Draco Meteor. And what is witth all the Piplup bashing? You people are haters -_- And I dont mind the wait to Sunyshore. If they make it one episode their in Snowpoint, the the next Sunyshore, then it would be boring and Short!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom