• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 65 - Cassidy Butch and Nanba !!!

I really hope that they aren't Jessie and James Mark 2 again, as was the case with the HoSo's. Their Battle Frontier ep did something to rectify that, but come on; we need Orange Islands Cassidy and Lugia Butch!

"New DP animation coloring?"

The coloring style hasn't changed a bit since the late Jouto episode when the show switched over to digital coloring.

*laughs* Yeah I got confused too as to what they were talking about...

You're basing your comparisons based on Kids' WB! screenshots? As in a terrestrial TV station whose image quality varies greatly from weekend to weekend?

*laughs harder* That was just awesome...!!!

I can't wait for this episode. YAY For Butch and Cassidy, I wonder what they'll think of Dawn. I hope they do flashbacks of previous episodes, the only one out of the bunch who won't know who they are is Dawn which I find very funny. I hope Butch goes "What happened to the previous girl?" Dawn would get confused. It would be funny if Dawn called Butch BoXD

They probably won't do that, but Dawn will definitely screw up Betch's name.

Unless Dawn isn't herself in that episode and acts like a complete idiot like she did with Gary...

Scizorhands said:
Except maybe Hippowdon's mouth will be maybe like a Pelipper's one. I mean, it's mouth it's so big to hide another Pokemon inside it without being eaten.

That was the point of a Pelipper...but not a Hippowdon.

kelvSYC said:
With Jessie and James being more sympathetic, Cassidy and Biff may just be the thing to give the "evil edge" back to Team Rocket, but like in AG (with Team Aqua and Team Magma) they are still not as serious compared to Team Galactic.

Back in the old days, Bulch and Cassidy were the only reason Team Rocket was Team Rocket, and not the trio of clowns we see today.

offkilter06 said:
*grins* Cassidy/Jessie! Hell yes! Nothing makes me happier than the catty banter between those two.

Speaking of the banter, Jessie's voice will be even more annoying. I can't stand it for more than five minutes.

I really hope that they aren't Jessie and James Mark 2 again, as was the case with the HoSo's. Their Battle Frontier ep did something to rectify that, but come on; we need Orange Islands Cassidy and Lugia Butch!

What was wrong with Butch in Pikachu Revolts? I thought he seemed his most technologically brilliant in the Orange Islands, and I just can't remember him saying much of anything during the Lugia series...

What was wrong with Butch in Pikachu Revolts? I thought he seemed his most technologically brilliant in the Orange Islands, and I just can't remember him saying much of anything during the Lugia series...

I was just generalizing. I thought it sounded better that way then: "We need Oranage Islands Cassidy and Butch, and Lugia Cassidy and Butch." There was nothing wrong with Butch in that episode. I was trying to compare how good they actually were back then compared to the HoSo's

It wouldn't make sense if Butch and Cassidy only appeared in flashbacks with there names being in the titles...Normally when the characters are in the title they have to have appearnces. I could see Dawn being out of character here a bit since she doesn't know who these guys are, but who knows.

I wrote their names in the -thread-'s title so people will notice they appear in the episode
It's not the episode's title... the episode title is "Pachirisu in Hippodown's Mouth" or something like that

Yah, he's this guy that works for team rocket and kinda has a "mad scientist" stereo type. Also Piplup, don't forget that they misprononced his name like Blips in Hoso and in that one battle frontier ep.

Last edited:
Namba was also in one of the Chronicles eps when Butch/Cassidy torture Prof. Oak over the Pokerus discovery, and he appeared again for 3 seconds to correct his name in the Battle Frontier episode they were in.

Its nice to see that TR isn't going to be forgotten as we march on into D/P.

NAMBA... yay.

Here's hoping for more food addiction related humor. Namba does love him some lunchy.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom