• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP WTF thread

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
*This post has spoilers for late-game plot*

So I just beat Byron and got the scene in the library with the explosion. My questions--How is it that the people in that town could feel the explosion that strongly when it happened ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SINNOH? And also, how come people CLOSER to the explosion don't give any indication that they felt anything?

Post your own WTFery here!

Speaking of explosions... when the Grunt had the bomb in Celestic Town, why the hell did he stop to battle you when he could've just blown you up with the rest of the town? "OMG I HAS A BOMB... BUT INSTEAD I WILL USE MY POKEMANZ... ONOES U BEATED MY POKEMANZ I GO AWAI NAOW"

Yeah.

LOL.
Yeah. I was wondering the same thing.
I thought there was some sort of lake nearby so I went wandering around the city. o.o

Oh come now, people, don't forget what we're talking about here. :p These are the same games where, if your pokemon lose a battle and you have to fork over half your cash, your character faints (but of course, none of your opponents do). Since when do the activities in these games follow rules of logic, anyway? :p

i agree with everyone. there has to be more logic. and if u faint a wild pokemon why can't u just catch it when it's unconcious?

So I just beat Byron and got the scene in the library with the explosion. My questions--How is it that the people in that town could feel the explosion that strongly when it happened ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SINNOH? And also, how come people CLOSER to the explosion don't give any indication that they felt anything?

I love that even though that happened a few days ago in my game, the Magikarp are STILL alive and flopping around.

i agree with everyone. there has to be more logic. and if u faint a wild pokemon why can't u just catch it when it's unconcious?

No, there doesn't need to be any more logic, because you're already playing a video game where you keep animals in airtight balls.

The fact that you catch animals at all is unrealistic enough. Animal abuse?
Also... Why do Pokemon make babies every 10 minutes? <_<

Why wast there any puddles of water scattered around Sinnoh?

How were the Magikarps still alive?

Where's the dead bodies of the pokemon that suffered the explosion?

If the island was already at the top of the lake, why did they need to blow it up?

How did the lake fill up again after catching Dialga/Palkia?

The magic of Pokemon, that's how.

How did the lake fill up again after catching Dialga/Palkia?

The water from the explosion all went straight up and then straight down again, obviously. It just hung in the air for a while.

Vista Lighthouse and Amity Square = WTF!

I don't have to explain why Amity Square sucks.

Vista Lighthouse sucks because it's useless. When you enter the Lighthouse you're in a lift (WTF, there should be some room) and there is only one, very small room. Really. It's nothing compared to Olivine Lighthouse. Vista Lighthouse is USELESS!

Generally, the entire Sunyshore City is a WTF. Sun-powered city? What a nosense.

It's called solar power. It's being used much more often since it's an effecient use of energy that doesn't use many, if at all, resources.

Something that's always got me, why do the berry trees disappear when you pick berries from them?

Brendan, May, Dawn, and Lucas rip the trees out of the ground, picking them like flowers, then they put them in the bag.

Don't ask how, they just do.

Here's a good question. How do you surf on top of a Piplup or other Water-type Pokemon like that? Your weight alone would easily send them underwater.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom