• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP066: Lucario! Wave Bomb of Anger!!

I don't like it that the writers actually brought up the Frontier Symbols. Those were suppose to be "special," not that any average joe on the block got a chance to get. You weren't even allowed to challenge the Brains without Scott's approval first, either. Its also annoying that they're bringing stuff up from AG that doesn't belong in the D/P series.

And who says Reiji is "average trainer"? they wanted to prove us how good trainer and experienced he is... and having a lot of badges and the BF symbols proves it... and what's so bad about seeing references to the past?...

The Orange League was merely a way to lengthen the Indigo season because they used up all the plot from the RBY games, but had several weeks to fill.

The Orange League only existed in the anime and manga, it has no place in the games at all. Therefore, it can be totally ignored by the anime, which is now following the games more closely.

And...? it's still part of the anime and they did keep reminding us it until now
It's not like showing the orange badges will damage the games' sells... seriously this has nothing to do with advertising

Also, did Reiji explain...y'know, why the fact his brother is a giant prick and deserves to burn in hell?

He didn't say anything about this
But he's going to be in the next few episodes so we can hope to hear something...

Pikachu beats a Regice but loses to Paul's Elekid 3 eps later, remember?

And who are the stupid fans thinks they are to decide Paul's Elekid isn't as experienced as Ash's Pikachu? they showcased it as Paul's main Pokémon and it seems like they're together a lot of time
And that was a tie... not a lose

It would be awesome to see Brandon appear, but since Regigigas is in a movie I doubt we'll see a Frontier Brain be there.

But like most of the other legendaries it can appear in the show too

So now easter eggs/continuety is suddenly bad?

Yeah we should be happy about it and not complain they did it
I was really happy to see the badges/symbols in this episode... even if I think Orange should have been there too

Please stop wanking about Jindai's future appearance. We all know that such thing is never going to happen. Even if you think you don't know it, you really do. It's deep in your brain...

Yay for stupid fan made rules
Brandon can appear again
They'll probably want to show Regigigas in the show and why not use Brandon for this? especially now that we know Reiji might try battle him again

And...? it's still part of the anime and they did keep reminding us it until now
It's not like showing the orange badges will damage the games' sells... seriously this has nothing to do with advertising

Probably, but the Orange islands was still only a filler league with no part in the games at all. I can only remember 3 or 4 times that the orange islands were mentioned after that season.

1. Meeting Lugia
2. Dub added line in the Deoxys movie
3. Listing Ash's acheivements in the Battle dome battle
4. The existence of Tracey

Aside from number 3, None of them have to do with facing the orange crew.

Anyway, the writers wanted Reiji to show that he was a powerful trainer, so they had him showing all the badges that game players can actually get, minus Brandon's Bravery symbol since you need to beat a legendary Pokémon to get it. (Ash earning it was a fluke, but that's for another debate).

I bet Paul is upset because he has two daddies...

Brandon and Kaiba

Please stop wanking about Jindai's future appearance. We all know that such thing is never going to happen. Even if you think you don't know it, you really do. It's deep in your brain...
I think you, of all people, should know what wanking means. Speculating on future appearances isn't it.

I think the problem is the writers bringing it up without a purpose. There's no reason to bring up aspects of an older series in D/P unless the writers actually make use of it.

And what if they do make use of it? D/P is full of suprises, though they follow the games more closely, they can easily have Paul say something about the Frontier symobls that Renji has and why he hasn't beaten Brandon. I just think that Renji not being able to get Brandon's symbol may be apart of Paul's reason for being such a cool jerk. Something like "You're not Number 1, you useless! I'll bring honor to the clan by defeating father!111!"

Cool, now we know Brandon's gonna show up, because the universe hates Maxim and enjoys proving him wrong.

Seriously, people need to stop using the word 'never' in relation to speculation about this series.

I liked how Lucario scared Maylene at one part by raising his fist, that crazy anubis wife beater!

I guess we all know who wears the PANTS in this relationship!

Ba Dum Tsh!

(seriously, that thing is wearing pants. There is no logical way fur would grow like that)

(seriously, that thing is wearing pants. There is no logical way fur would grow like that)

Ah, a battle of poofy pajama pants:
308.jpg

We have a winner.

Cool episodes. D:

Here are the attacks used for anyone that wants them.

Beadull:
Super Fang
Secret Power
Take Down
Ice Beam

Marunoomu:
Stockpile
Spit Up
Sludge Bomb

Mukuhawk:
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Wing Attack

Fixed.

The glowy attack where Turtwig fell asleep.

In the flashback, people are saying that the Honchkrow vs Machoke battle was a tie (meaning both fainting at once). Was that confirmed in the dialogue? Because only Machoke could be seen reeling after the attacks collided.

Falkners Pidgeot would like a word. I imagine it remembers that battle quite well. And I did say "Thanks to holdover from previous seasons"

Well that early in Johto seemed like a mesh of Generation I and II Pokemon to begin with.

It doesn't mean it "automatically", but I imagine it bumps up the probability a bit.

Seems to me that every single Lucario in existence knows Ash right away, or vice versa...by the way things are going.

Lucario looked pretty cool, by the way. It was great seeing it again.

King K. Rool said:
I bet Paul is upset because he has two daddies...

That was AWESOME. Classic. Nice.

How does Secret Power work anyway...I'm confusing it with Nature Power.

Nature Power turns into a completely different attack (such as Surf, Swift, or Earthquake) depending on the location. Secret Power has a different effect (30% chance in the games) depending on the location.

Wow. This episode was AWESOME!!!!! I loved everything about it. The animation was excellent, the battles where action packed, and it had some great character development. I also loved that TR didn't get too involved in the plot, although it kind of sucked for them to get blasted off when they didn't even try to steal anything. Piplup and Pikachu fighting with Electabuzz was hilarious. Reiji was also cool, his voice is great. Anyone know who played him? He sounds exactly like Fai, from Tsubasa Chronicle.

I have a question about this episode...Does Lucario speak in it like he did in the movie? I've been wanting to know and I can't find the answer anywhere.

He actually does sound like he did in the Movie, he does the growls that Lucario did when he didn't talk.

And tries to kill Sumomo. :B
I think I figured out who abused Paul as a kid, and why Sumomo wears bandages...

Lucario, HOW COULD YOU!

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom