• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP129: Resurrected Regigigas! J Returns!!

Re: DP 129 "Resurrected Regigigas! J Returns!!" Preview Thread

Blackjack Palazzo said:
I never said that. Do you not know what a figure of speech is? I know very well that they never came out and said it, but a reasonable assumption is CALLED a "promise" for purposes of exaggeration to express exasperation.

Rewording your statement so that it said something like "this episode had a lot of promise and I was really disappointed by it" would have made your point SO much clearer.

There's no need to get so defensive.

Also, Japanese Mikos are not actually supposed to be celibate. Plus they only remain mikos until they are married.

The thing is that she doesn't look like a Miko at all. She looks like a christian nun. Which means that they were following the christian model.

Anyway, were those items in the temple Nevermeltice, Hard Stone and Metal Coat? Was it somewhat confirmed/denied?

Is it me or does takeshi look badass in that jacket the way its closed? The clothes need to be mainstreamed I mean they are so awesome. Damn shame though that they will surely dump them. I love how they name everything in English.

A bit mixed episode, not as good as the other J episodes but not completely terrible either. Regigigas really did not do as much as I hoped it would do. At least Brandon decides to have his three Regi protect the temple.

I hope Brandon will return to Temple and bring them back after Regigigas will completely regain its power.

The best thing about this episode have to be Brock's way to get free XD I'd never think about having Brock intentually flirt with a girl just to make Croagunk come out and Poison Jab him and as a result destroy Ariados' web
Sometimes it's crazy how Brock can suddenly make me love him... and the Platinum jacket is making him actually look good... too bad they'll probably throw the Platinum clothes away very soon... it makes them all look 3253 times better in my opinion...

The best thing about this episode have to be Brock's way to get free XD I'd never think about having Brock intentually flirt with a girl just to make Croagunk come out and Poison Jab him and as a result destroy Ariados' web
Sometimes it's crazy how Brock can suddenly make me love him... and the Platinum jacket is making him actually look good... too bad they'll probably throw the Platinum clothes away very soon... it makes them all look 3253 times better in my opinion...
Indeed it does. I only wish though. Maybe in between routes they have them?

I didn't play DPt so I don't know but... isn't the cold weather at least in Platinum continue in all of Sinnoh and not just in Snowpoint?
Though it's useless to hope for them to keep the clothes since in the movie they're back in the regular clothes... and even currently they aren't -always- with the Platinum clothes on

Well, I don't think it's ever been established, in the TV version, that Shin'nou is colder than any of the other regions. Just the parts covered in snow.

Besides, real-world Hokkaido (which is what Shin'nou is based on) can get pretty warm as well.

The thing is that she doesn't look like a Miko at all. She looks like a christian nun. Which means that they were following the christian model.

What christian model?

She doesn't look like a stereotypical nun either.

Anyway, it would make no sense for a country that is often confused about what real nuns actually do to portray a nun correctly... In a TV show that otherwise has nothing to do with nuns.

Unless you can actually find evidence that this character is actually a real nun, then she's not supposed to be a christain nun.

Last edited:

You guys live in Japan or something? Those screen shots look like they were taken using a digital camera off a tv lol

You guys live in Japan or something? Those screen shots look like they were taken using a digital camera off a tv lol

The episode's on youtube though.

It was fine, I guess, but I didnt really watch, since I dont speak the language. I always check the Iwane eps, great art.

Pretty good episode. It was ridiculous to see Pikachu and Piplup somehow attack what looked like 50 Skarmory and Metang. The writers expected us to buy that?

Pretty good action and it was well done all around. Why did J suddenly give up and leave at the end though? What did she say to make her give up trying to get Regigigas?

Pretty good episode. It was ridiculous to see Pikachu and Piplup somehow attack what looked like 50 Skarmory and Metang. The writers expected us to buy that?

Pretty good action and it was well done all around. Why did J suddenly give up and leave at the end though? What did she say to make her give up trying to get Regigigas?

Considering they are the equivalent of Grunts, yes. Do you honestly believe that each of those Skarmory and Metang were trained properly or do you think they were caught in bulk?

I mean with that much overkill, it's really obvious those Pokemon were extremely weak, I mean how many attack did they have to use to finally take down the Pyramid?

And also who goes around capturing that many Skarmory and Metang? I mean they deserved to get blasted by Pikachu and Piplup.

Considering they are the equivalent of Grunts, yes. Do you honestly believe that each of those Skarmory and Metang were trained properly or do you think they were caught in bulk?

I mean with that much overkill, it's really obvious those Pokemon were extremely weak, I mean how many attack did they have to use to finally take down the Pyramid?

Exactly, it's ridiculous to think these Skarmory and Metang were anything special... probably just caught the whole group of them and barely trained them at all
Not to mention most of the twerp's Pokémon are strong and trained and also have the help of friendship (which J's Poké obviously don't have) and Pika/Pip are shown as even stronger than the others... so it's really no surprise
Too bad Scott to this day you can't accept little/cute/unevolved beating the more big/"cool"/evolved... guess that means we shouldn't "buy" the Kanto trio win at the Battle Pyramid and as a conclusion we'll decide the Johto starters were the strongest set of starters yet

Well, Cyrus can apparently summon hoards of Golbat at will...maybe J's got an affinity for steel types or something.

I have to say, I'm actually with Scott. I found it a little bit beyond the believable that a few bubbles could take down that many (crappy, maybe, but there were a lot of them!) pokemon at once! xD

Bubblebeam especially from Piplup isn't so powerful attack to knock down so many pokemons.

Have any of you ever heard of Conservation Of Ninjutsu?

Basically, if the heroes are up against a single enemy character, that character is going to prove difficult to defeat, however, if the heroes are up against a whole hoard of such enemies, they can defeat most of them with ease.

This is what just happened here.

So does anyone who understands Japanese know why J suddenly gave up trying to get Regigigas and just went away?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom