• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP143-144 1HR SP

Re: DP143-144 1HR SP - Johto starters

Not at all surprising. The Kanto starters showed up on the week of FRLG being released.

I hope Cyndaquil isn't neglected.

Not at all surprising. The Kanto starters showed up on the week of FRLG being released.

Was that the Prof. Oak and Prof. Birch episode?

Woot another true prediction for Magmaster

This episode will probably foreshadow which Johto starter Dawn wants

The second one will probably be the episode with ludicolo, lombre, feebas and goldeen since a two hour special probably means they won't show a new episode the next week

They'll probably also talk about movie 13

I hope Cyndaquil isn't neglected.

The second title isn't shown. Cyndaquil is the remaining starter. We know Dawn will probably get one.

I'm betting it's "Dawn Gets Cyndaquil!", so yeah, I don't think it will be neglected.

Too bad I'm in school when it airs, it would be great to see this live. Maybe they're not showing Hinoarashi because Hikari might get it later...?

I still hope Dawn will not get Johto starter. I want her another Pokémon.
*prays for Dawn getting Houndour*

Bloody fuck this better be the final Johto episode we get in a long time. I'm sick of the damn things.

They better put Cyndaquil in the other ep or ELSE!

Is it sure this is the first ep title? couldn't this be a title for the whole hour special and one ep is about Chiko and the other about Toto?
Anyway, I sure hope Cyndaquil is there too... I doubt Dawn will get it like some say, Chikorita is totally "cute" and "girly", much more than the other two... Also, Cyndaquil/Totodile can appear with Ash while Chiko can't (since it already evolved) and Toto isn't likely for her because of Pip

Aw, no Cyndaquil. It's only one title I'm sure it'll appear in the next one.

If Hikari gets Chikorita(Yes, I alternate between English and Jap. names, deal.), I'll think I'll cry. Okay, I won't cry, but I'll be severely disappointed.

Screw it being girly and all, Hikari is a girly girl herself, but her team doesn't need to be only cutsey and fluffy types of Pokemon, like Pachii and Mimi. Manmuu proved that, so if she can have a masucline powerhouse like Mamno, she doesn't have to have "girly" types.

Maybe the second title will be "Hikari catchs Hinoarashi", hopefully its only Hinoarashi and gets another Johto Pokemon. The 5th Gen girl will probably recieve Achamo when the RS remakes come.

Anyway, I sure hope Cyndaquil is there too... I doubt Dawn will get it like some say, Chikorita is totally "cute" and "girly", much more than the other two...
I don't see how Chikorita is more cute and girly then Cyndaquil. Yes, I can argue about Totodile not being cute and girly, but definitely not Cyndaquil. Chikorita and Cyndaquil are equal in cuteness and girlyness.

I don't see how Chikorita is more cute and girly then Cyndaquil. Yes, I can argue about Totodile not being cute and girly, but definitely not Cyndaquil. Chikorita and Cyndaquil are equal in cuteness and girlyness.

Meganium, so Chikorita is girlier.

If Hikari gets Chikorita(Yes, I alternate between English and Jap. names, deal.),

Chiko has exactly the same name in Japanese too

I'll think I'll cry. Okay, I won't cry, but I'll be severely disappointed.

I can't see why
Cyndaquil and Totodile can appear with Ash and they're likely to appear at least in the next saga if not right now

Screw it being girly and all, Hikari is a girly girl herself, but her team doesn't need to be only cutsey and fluffy types of Pokemon, like Pachii and Mimi. Manmuu proved that, so if she can have a masucline powerhouse like Mamno, she doesn't have to have "girly" types.

Mamo didn't prove anything
The writers clearly want Dawn to have only cute Poké and just to let some variation in her team and to give her one big Poké they gave her Mamo
But all the others are VERY cute: Piplup, Bunny, Pachi, Buizel (it IS cute, no matter how cool its personality is), Aipom, Ambipom, Swinub...

Maybe the second title will be "Hikari catchs Hinoarashi", hopefully its only Hinoarashi and gets another Johto Pokemon.

I like Cyndaquil, it's my favorite of the Johto starters... but I can't understand the logic behind this
Ash can take back Toto and Cynda to his team - why should Dawn get new ones instead of bringing back these who wait there for Ash and didn't appear for years already and are just begging for being redeemed and finally got a chance?
It makes much more sense to give Dawn Chiko since Ash doesn't have this one (you know they'll want first of all to advertise them in their base forms, before thinking about evolution) and Chiko is the most girly of them

The 5th Gen girl will probably recieve Achamo when the RS remakes come.

We don't know if gen 5 girl would even join the group and we sure don't know if we'll ever get RS remake
Even if that's all right - it's way too early to talk about this now so we better not turn this thread to RS remakes thread

Chiko has exactly the same name in Japanese too
I know, but I often alternate and call the characters by their English names.

I can't see why
Cyndaquil and Totodile can appear with Ash and they're likely to appear at least in the next saga if not right now
They can appear along with Bayleaf, but what's so bad about temporarily having two Hinoarashi on both teams?

Mamo didn't prove anything
The writers clearly want Dawn to have only cute Poké and just to let some variation in her team and to give her one big Poké they gave her Mamo
But all the others are VERY cute: Piplup, Bunny, Pachi, Buizel (it IS cute, no matter how cool its personality is), Aipom, Ambipom, Swinub...
So?
Hinoarashi is also extremely cute, but it isn't super girly. Aipom, Buizel, and Swinub were adorable, but they weren't girly either.

I like Cyndaquil, it's my favorite of the Johto starters... but I can't understand the logic behind this
Ash can take back Toto and Cynda to his team - why should Dawn get new ones instead of bringing back these who wait there for Ash and didn't appear for years already and are just begging for being redeemed and finally got a chance?
But why pimp out Chikorita who already got enough pimping as is? You know Hikari will overuse it if she gets one.

Satoshi can still use Waninoko along with Hinoarashi.
It makes much more sense to give Dawn Chiko since Ash doesn't have this one (you know they'll want first of all to advertise them in their base forms, before thinking about evolution) and Chiko is the most girly of them
I understand what you're saying that Chiko won't be able to appear in some way, but why leave Cynda out of the title like that? Doesn't it sound a little suspicious to you? Or I'm just painfully biased. xD

We don't know if gen 5 girl would even join the group and we sure don't know if we'll ever get RS remake
Even if that's all right - it's way too early to talk about this now so we better not turn this thread to RS remakes thread

I was half-joking, so chill. :D

I know, but I often alternate and call the characters by their English names.

Well, you wrote it as if "Hikari and Chikorita" was a mix of Japanese and English names while it's not...

They can appear along with Bayleaf,

The thing is, they'll likely want to showcase the starters in their first form before their evolved forms

but what's so bad about temporarily having two Hinoarashi on both teams?

I doubt Dawn will get Cyndaquil if Ash take his one back... the only case of two of the same Poké were in the main cast at the same time was May and Jessie's Wurmple which quickly evolved into different Poké

So?
Hinoarashi is also extremely cute, but it isn't super girly. Aipom, Buizel, and Swinub were adorable, but they weren't girly either.

I just proved they do intend for Dawn to have mainly cute/girly Poké
When they'll get look at the Johto starters and think which one they should give Dawn it's pretty obvious who they'll see as the best possibility
The order of girlyness is this way: Chiko > Cynda > Toto
Toto is also the same type her star Poké is so just like Ash didn't get another electric (and how Dawn's other water type was quickly traded) I guess that rules it out
And in addition to Chiko's girly advantage, Ash can use Cynda/Toto but he doesn't have a Chiko anymore
So Chiko is the most likely while Toto is the least likely
Of course, she can still get Cynda/Toto/both/all trio/Chiko+one of the other two/not get a starter at all/whatever - everything can happen, I simply find it much more likely and logical to assume they'll prefer to give her Chiko

But why pimp out Chikorita who already got enough pimping as is? You know Hikari will overuse it if she gets one.

Chiko wasn't so heavily advertised, not to mention that was years ago anyway
I'm pretty sure Cyndaquil got more screen time in Johto than Chiko, especially if you look at Chiko only and not Bayleef

why leave Cynda out of the title like that?

I still wonder if that's actually an ep title and not a title for the special which might mean one ep for Toto and one for Chiko... and then next ep could be Cynda
If it is the ep title... then yeah, it is a little strange to leave out Cynda... I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait and see
I'll be happy either way since I really LOVE all three Johto starters XD

I could see this being the same as that episode in Advanced Generation. Hopefully we see Elm.

Within the next 50 or so episodes, Dawn gets Chikorita and Ash keeps Totodile and Cyndaquil...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom