• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP166: Liftoff! Nagisa Tower!!

All that scanning is probably giving them cancer. They should really stop.

For real, that's nothing to joke about.

Cancer is serious. No matter how much of a joke people find me to be on here, you simply can't say cancer is a joke.

That's messed up.

I admit that it's very hard to directly translate without losing the original meaning. That's why I sometimes put something like <lit. xxx> next to the translation. But, well, if you really want to know exactly the original meaning, please learn Japanese^^.

I don't understand why people feel bored when reading dialogues... aren't novels more or less the same? Well maybe it's because I'm not like J.K. Rowling, and of course I can't spend so much time "Rock Polish"ing my words, which will take forever. But through more translation practices I hope to have some improvements over time and be a better translator. At least I can improve my Japanese listening^^.

I'm definitely not Rowling so please don't complain^^.

By the way, I really love Jessie's rhymes. Team Rocket members always rhyme.

You guys do realize that the Pokedex scans are for the audience and not the characters, right?

Ash's Pokedex- Monferno, the Playful Pokémon and the evolved form of Chimchar. Monferno launches aerial attacks off of ceilings and walls, and its fiery tail is used as one of its weapons. (Regarding Angie's Temporary Monferno)

Dawn's Pokedex- Monferno, the Playful Pokémon and the evolved form of Chimchar. It controls its flaming tail to keep its opponent at an ideal distance when battling. (regarding Ash's Monferno)

So explain to me why they are different entries, why did Ash scan one, and Dawn a completely different one all under your reasoning.

That's the stupid thing about it, they really should have the same data.

I didn't say that. I'm just saying that the characters scanning every pokemon they see, even if it's one they've seen before, is done almost entirely for our benefit. It's a quick and easy tactic to introduce (or in some cases, re-introduce) a pokemon to the audience.

I thought that was really really obvious.

So BOTH Infernape and Torterra evolved from TR attacks? LAME.

Also this is how Piloswine appeared as well as Ash Donphan and I think Sceptile, seems a lot of the time (more so) pokemon evelove because of TR or similar and not in a gym or trainer battle.

Remember, in games, depending on which one you get, isn't the pokedex entries different? And this could show the differences in the games, e.g.

Diamond: "It uses a special kind of martial arts involving all its limbs. Its fire never goes out"

Pearl: "Its crown of fire is indicative of its fiery nature. It is beaten by none in terms of quickness."

Diamond: "It uses a special kind of martial arts involving all its limbs. Its fire never goes out"

Pearl: "Its crown of fire is indicative of its fiery nature. It is beaten by none in terms of quickness."

Just in case some people couldn't tell those are Infernape's Pokdex Entries in the games Diamond and Pearl.

Because they have the same EXACT Pokedex?

That's kind of redundant when you think about it.

Why the need for two exactly the same Pokedexes, when only one needs to scan the Pokemon? Even if they're sharing so one person doesn't do all the scanning it's still ultimately redundant. Even if Professor Rowan assumed that Dawn and Ash wouldn't travel together, giving them the same exact Pokedex with the same exact Pokedex entries would still be redundant.

hey i just joined this site and was wonder where u watch all these japanese pokemon episode? can some one plsss tell me

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom