• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP177: Decisive Rival Showdown! Hikari VS Nozomi!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
There isn't a whole lot to get from the preview other than the fact that the pokemon being used are Potchama, Togekiss, Nyaruma, and Ellade. Lots of attacks being thrown, lots of dodging...you know the drill.

WHO WILL WIN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DP 177 "Decisive Battle! Hikari VS Nozomi!!" Preview Thread

Screenshots, mind the quality since the signal decided to go analog.

Guess we can assume the whole second half of this episode is going to be like the going separate ways for Zoey. Since they introduced the battle at the end of 176, and it's not like a 5 minute battle's going to take 22 minutes. 12 tops.

I don't know and I'm not sure I care. I don't think either of them deserves it, anyway.

Please don't start telling me how they do and yada yada, you're not going to convince me either way and it'll just annoy me.

I really feel like this hasn't shaped up as a terribly good, or interesting GF. Maybe it's just because every single battle is against a rival she already has, that there isn't one character who makes it seem like a big deal. Robert and Solidad were both like super classy, and anyone going up against them seemed like it would be a huge challenge. Going up against Zoey... eh not so much.

Judging by the preview it seems as if Togekiss's battling style is what's making Zoey not do too well in this battle, since it looks like Dawn is doing very well against Dawn.

And before anyone goes off ranting (next week) that Dawn wins, and how sucky it is. One thing is for sure, Dawn's potential as a coordinator easily surpasses that of May. I mean think about it for a moment, compare May's appeals and contests to Dawn. Who looks superior just based on that alone?

The only thing May really had that was "kind of her own" was the fire/water fusion (which she got by Tucker by the way). But Dawn has created 2 things all by herself (Flame Ice, and Ice Chandelier), not to mention she's the one who created that special spin that helped Ash win the Oreburgh gym. And when it was her's Ambipom was the inspiration for counter shield.

The only way I could see May beating Dawn in a contest (should they compete against each other) is if May used a different contest style approach, because Dawn's got the beauty of contests down, while May had trouble in that area.

Not only that, but Dawn has quite a few episodes under her belt, yes while May could've been a coordinator long (in-verse wise); episode wise Dawn is far more experienced in her first GF then May. Dawn definitely has the benefit of good friends (Zoey acting as a Mentor to her, something Zoey may regret if she's a sore loser), and Johanna Dawn's Mom (a top coordinator herself). Poor May basically had no one to help her.

Please don't start telling me how they do and yada yada, you're not going to convince me either way and it'll just annoy me.

Just in case you misinterpret my post, I was in the middle of writing this, when there was only 4 posts (GreatLiver above yours), so don't get annoyed at me because you thought it was directed at you, it's not, it's my general opinion on the situation.

Next episode looks amazing! I can't wait!

I don't think that we should say Haruka is worse then Hikari...
Haruka was the writers' first attempt at creating a coordinator so of course it had many flaws and Hikari is the result of 4 years of working on Haruka..
All in all,Hikari is Haruka's advanced form or so.
And if the new Gen V girl is also a coordinator then it is safe to think that she's gonna surpass Hikari,simply because the writers are getting better at their job.

Meh, I still say all the younger coordinators (sans Kenny) are around the same level. I don't think one is totally better than the other. Except maybe Dawn being better than Ursula.

I don't think that we should say Haruka is worse then Hikari...
Haruka was the writers' first attempt at creating a coordinator so of course it had many flaws and Hikari is the result of 4 years of working on Haruka..
All in all,Hikari is Haruka's advanced form or so.
And if the new Gen V girl is also a coordinator then it is safe to think that she's gonna surpass Hikari,simply because the writers are getting better at their job.

I don't think that if we have a new coodinator will mbe better than Hikari because I think of ideas on combinations are now finished. The next generation they should give up racing and focus on something new.

I don't think that if we have a new coodinator will mbe better than Hikari because I think of ideas on combinations are now finished. The next generation they should give up racing and focus on something new.
I wasn't saying that we were getting a new coordinator,I was simply saying that the writers are getting better at what they are doing and if they decide to go with a new coordinator she'll be developed even better than Hikari...

Finally, a battle that shouldn't be rushed as hell! I'm really looking forward to an epic battle that Hikari should just barely win. It's going to be so weird to see a main character win the Grand Festival.

something that caught my attention in the preview was that nozomi was the one who said the title of the episode...does that mean she's gonna win?!

something that caught my attention in the preview was that nozomi was the one who said the title of the episode...does that mean she's gonna win?!

How are we supposed to know?

How are we supposed to know?
.calm.down.sheeesh
A secondary character/rival has never said the title of an episode before..I was simply asking if nozomi reading the title is a foreshadowing of some kind that she wins....

What if she does? That the question.

Wait--what? Zoey's Kirlia evolved into Gallade prior to this match? Judging by the dodging and thrown attacks involved, this is going to be a great battle. I have a feeling Dawn is going to win this.

I don't think this battle will be able to top Absol/Flygon vs Combusken/Squirtle, but it may come pretty close to it. Once again we have Iwane in charge of the massive final battle, and once again, we have a fighting type in it. The more melee combat in a battle, the better. Gallade alone should make this battle pretty badass. Hopefully Ash/Brock will be somewhat quiet this time so the battle can get more intense.

Too bad Dawn's going with Piplup, would've liked to see a Mamoswine/Togekiss combo for some more powah.

Zoey's Kirlia..Was male? Darn it. Why couldn't he evolve into a Gardevo-..Wait, no, that wouldn't fit Zoey.

This battle looks interesting. A lot of punches are being thrown and I don't see that many dodges or stopping moves.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom