• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP180- Ash vs. Kenny, DP181-Buck and Baltoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasmine is such a boring character, in Johto I always thought she was the most dull of the girls from there.

Jasmine is such a boring character, in Johto I always thought she was the most dull of the girls from there.
duller(?) than Erika? I doubt it.Jasmine had a cool team and a nice subplot in the games.

Kenny's got guts for making the challenge out in the open. Don't be fooled by his fanbase...or...lack-there-of. Who else in the show has ever made a challenge like that?

Kenny's got guts for making the challenge out in the open. Don't be fooled by his fanbase...or...lack-there-of. Who else in the show has ever made a challenge like that?

Other characters aren't that pathetic to battle over a character.

The closest we got to anything like this is Rudy I believe. He wanted to marry Misty according to the Jap ver. Though Rudy wasn't made up to be desperate like Kenny is.

Remember that prior to our knowledge of this episode, it was almost unanimous that Dawn will follow Zoey (her "main rival") to whatever region. All of a sudden, she will now promise Kenny she will meet him after the League. People are speculating too much without considering why the plot was developed in this manner.

The most obvious and clear alternative would be to have Ash out of the picture, and just let Dawn, Jasmine and Kenny bond together and plan out their futures.

They are hyping this episode because they involved Ash (unlike the GF final, and the title prevented any surprises). Then they are posing a question that was never done for any female character before. It's not like Meowth. Unless when they tease someone's departure in the anime, it actually means the opposite. Hence my view that this is to set the stage for Hikari's stay in the cast.

Its involving Ash because he and Kenny always had a little subplot going on.

Remember that prior to our knowledge of this episode, it was almost unanimous that Dawn will follow Zoey (her "main rival") to whatever region. All of a sudden, she will now promise Kenny she will meet him after the League. People are speculating too much without considering why the plot was developed in this manner.

The most obvious and clear alternative would be to have Ash out of the picture, and just let Dawn, Jasmine and Kenny bond together and plan out their futures.

They are hyping this episode because they involved Ash (unlike the GF final, and the title prevented any surprises). Then they are posing a question that was never done for any female character before. It's not like Meowth. Unless when they tease someone's departure in the anime, it actually means the opposite. Hence my view that this is to set the stage for Hikari's stay in the cast.

Please let this episode get here already, if anything so this can stop.

Its involving Ash because he and Kenny always had a little subplot going on.

This... damnit. This is the writers way of closing the Ash/Kenny interrupted battles plot.

Other characters aren't that pathetic to battle over a character.
I know, it's desperate. I said that earlier. But the line between bravery & stupidity is said to be extremely thin.

I agree she's going to eventually leave. Kenny's trying really hard in this ep I, unfortunately, seeing him getting what he wants.

Dawn "tried" really hard to win the GF and we all thought she would, and look at what happened.

unlike the gym episode first appearances in other episodes can be deceiving, never forget that.

Kenny wasn't bad at all, IMO. I wonder if Kenny and Ritchie were in an episode who would receive more hate.

Who is more likeable to the fanbase, Kenny or Ritchie, that's a tough one. I love Kenny more, Penguinshipping rocks.

Oh, wouldn't it be great if Dawn and Ursula joined May and her rivals. I would love for Kenny to join, too. But Ursula tends to have some unfinished business with Dawn, and May inviting Dawn to go to the same region as her is great writing.

Dawn competiting with May and her rivals, with Ursula in tow. The only thing is, it'd be weird to picture Dawn and Ursula battling in their regular clothes in contests regularly.

Jasmine was kinda eh, but then again so were most gym leaders in Kanto and Johto. They just kinda came and went. Hopefully this can kinda flesh out her character a bit more.

This... damnit.
You know something's up when it's got you on the same side as scott.

half this thread is MU saying pearlshippy stuff.

After the Kenny ep airs, and nothing meaningful happens, (aside from Dawn thinking about what she'll do next), I think everyone will realize people overhyped a dull episode.

I bet the battle won't be good either.

After the Kenny ep airs, and nothing meaningful happens, (aside from Dawn thinking about what she'll do next), I think everyone will realize people overhyped a dull episode.

People should value DP while it lasts, BW should have a good plot from what I presume, but suppose many don't like it, and regret taking DP for granted years from now.

Seriously, I disagree with you here Scott, I say keep your excitement, and hey I have more excitement than a lot of others on here, when I won't even be here to watch the League, take this opportunity now, and savor the moment.

I reiterate: people look to these kinds of eps for shipping material, no matter how small the hints.

I reiterate: people look to these kinds of eps for shipping material, no matter how small the hints.

They are both on the same planet, it's a hint that they definitely should be together. Quick, to the cannons, we need to defend our ship !!!

They are both on the same planet, it's a hint that they definitely should be together. Quick, to the cannons, we need to defend our ship !!!
:lol: As ridiculous as that sounds, that's the only thing that supports numerous ships. :sweatlol:

I'm going to sound like a broken record for the next week, but with Shoji Yonemura writing this episode, there's basically no chance of anything shippy happening. Every time it looks like DP will do something shippy for any ship, they don't. I'd just keep my expectations low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom